It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Applied Magick.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imhotepsol
reply to post by Akragon

If it
You could always try screaming "HADOOOKEN", it works for Ryu so who knows. Even if it doesn't work there's a good chance your enemy will run away regardless

ahhh young grasshoppah... You know not of the street fighter II ways....

If you look close you can see Ryu and Ken both use hairspray and a lighter...

I think dalsim uses a butane can

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Originally posted by Imhotepsol
reply to post by Akragon

If it
You could always try screaming "HADOOOKEN", it works for Ryu so who knows. Even if it doesn't work there's a good chance your enemy will run away regardless

ahhh young grasshoppah... You know not of the street fighter II ways....

If you look close you can see Ryu and Ken both use hairspray and a lighter...

I think dalsim uses a butane can

God damn there are times on this site where I wish I could flag comments for sheer comedic genius. This is one of them. Kudos to you good Sir, Kudos.

(Kudos, incidentally is a Japanese Bow, so I don't know why people use it as a term of respect. It kinda sounds like you want to murder them, but thats Japan for you anyway. All bows and tentacle rape)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Hey there, great post, but there's a few things I don't quite agree on. Now from the outset I don't wish to offend you as you seem well versed in this topic and the tone of your writing implies you are probably quite a nice person however.....

For starters I'm not 100% sure of what the point of it is. Is it to lead the reader further down the path of enlightenment or to teach them (as the title implies) techniques of applied magick. I realise to a certain extent these two are intertwined but on the whole this post seems to be seems to be a watered down version of the usual new age stuff with a little extra emphasis on battling ones personal demons.

Also your post makes it sound as if the only path to enlightenment, and therefore to be effective magician, is through grueling mental will exercises, then failing, and then trying again and again; or suffering some major tragedies in life which cause you to rethink everything you ever thought you knew.

Now I'm not denying for a moment that either or these can cause an individual to become awakened or even enlightened (at least to a certain degree), but in my experience most of those I know who are 'that way inclined' simply have an inborn openess to spirituality and have merely followed their intuition, or done what works for them. And, to take this one step further when you are following the path your enlightened self has chosen for you in this life things actually become much easier.

I think most awakened people have gotten to that state slowly over many lifetimes. Many possibly had an epic inner demon battle in a previous life and so come into this life already at a higher level, but I suspect most have gotten there slowly over dozens of lifetimes...... reading a little here, losing a bad habit there, meditating in one life, taking a lot of '___' in another.

I do not think the meaning of life is to become enlightened, or to become one with our higher selves. This I believe is a natural progression of living many lifetimes across the ages. The meaning of life is merely to experience it. To be the chick behind the counter at Walmart, to be the buisness executive, to be the hermit in the tiny hut in the woods, to have it all, to have nothing, to be happy, sad, lustful, greedy. For eventually we will all get to that place, and when we do what do you think will happen....? It will all start again.....

Now I'm not for a moment condoning the animalistic instictual level which most humans still seem to operate on which is obviously the cause of most (all..?) of the worlds pain. But it is necessary, and it is happening cos it's meant to happen.

Sorry to go a little off on a tangent but I think the last two paragraphs contain a few very important points which most people neglect when they jump on the enlightenment bandwagon. I realise you've gone into whole enlightenment thing because those of us who do operate at a higher level spiritually do make the most effective magicians. However when one reaches true enlightenment I doubt if magick will even be necessary.

amor et lux
edit on 6/8/2011 by 1littlewolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1littlewolf

I realise you've gone into whole enlightenment thing because those of us who do operate at a higher level spiritually do make the most effective magicians. However when one reaches true enlightenment I doubt if magick will even be necessary.

amor et lux
edit on 6/8/2011 by 1littlewolf because: (no reason given)

No offense taken at all. I don't disagree with anything you've said at all.

Magick, Enlightenment, Ascension, Christ-Consciousness, Human learning and development, even evolution all take place under the same process you talked about above. In some cases a gradual repealing of the self over many different incarnations and lives. In fact if you look at it from the view point of enlightenment, which is realization that all is 1 and 1 is 0, the you can see quite plainly and matter of factly the truth of this statement, as every other life and possibility that is and has ever played out is quite literally you. So what does that mean?

What I try to get at when I write posts like this is that underlying our development is a process that can be known and engaged with. In effect speeding up natural evolution by using its own method but at a faster pace. There was never anything more to magick or alchemy than this. The metaphor of turning lead into gold is an analogy for controlling the process of conscious evolution to turn the lead man in a single life time into the Spiritual Prima Materia.

There is no Magick, no Ego, no Path, no learning. There is a gradual unfolding realization of what is already there, such as the interconnection between all things, the fact that separateness is an illusion and there is only one thing, when that realization is entered into, fully embodied and lived - then you will be enlightened.

So while on the surface it may seem to you that I am speaking of new age beliefs what you see through my words is your understanding. It is that understanding that allows us to see our own development and begin to discern an observable personal path to power.

I am bound to generalities because I cannot tell someone their path or how to go about it for themselves.That is not my place and I understand that - unlike the majority or spiritual and religious traditions today. Instead I am trying to get to the place of understanding that gives power to these beliefs, the place where our personal power becomes bound to an ego structure or idea, so that a person can begin to take this power back to use as they please.

How one decides to use this isn't my concern. The fact that very few people will ever get it isn't my concern. I am many years on this path and no longer a young man. A lot of what I write will be influenced by the obstacles and challenges I have come up against, or what I needed to see looking back. But I realize that whats most important is to realize that process for ones self.

So by undergoing mental development, critical analysis, and playing around with forms and beliefs we add different operations to our inner structures, kind of like radiation markers, which allow us to observe when this 'marker' comes to rise. Doing this and repeating this over and over again can show a person what is going on inside them, how ideas come together within them and finally how one can work with them to manifest better versions of themselves, more in line with a higher concept of self.

Of course people still have the freedom not to do any of this or believe any of this, but again that's not my concern.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Imhotepsol

I fully hear you but I guess the danger of talking in generalities is that it can blend in with a lot of the wishy washy new age sh*t that abounds these days. (Not that I actually think that's a bad thing necessarily, although messages of substance can often get lost amongst the pretty pink wicca books aimed at 16 year old girls, if you get my drift.....
)

The trouble with generalities is also that people who are already awakened usually know most of this info already, and for those who aren't there yet it the message will fly straight over there heads. What i said above and now however are merely just my opinion. I guess I was just hoping to hear a little more of your own personal journey and the practical techniques you used, which I feel are much more meaningful. I don't believe you need to generalise too much as the people who will take the most from your writings already realise that there are many paths to enlightenment.

However like you alluded to above.....many are called but few are chosen, and everyone else seems to really like your message. You definately have summed up a lot of very important ideas very conscisely.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by 1littlewolf

I'll write something especially for you then.

Give me a day or so.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Imhotepsol

Hey man don't go to any special effort for just me. Not that I'm saying I wouldn't be interested in reading it....

I guess all I'm saying is if one hears someone else's personal story and the techniques they used, one not only get ideas for various methods that they could also try or hadn't thought of, but also validation that path they've may have just chosen to follow (assuming it's similar to yours) will in fact be fruitful

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Goathief

"intending" it is a key to any "magic".

It is your willful intention, once the individual duad is properly trained, that causes "magical" things to happen.

But the concept of "intending" is shamanic in nature. Not so much druidic, but more mesoamerican shaman.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by 1littlewolf

Its no special effort. I'm going to use you as a litmus for how much I should actually put out there. I've been working on something I've wanted to write for a long time but didn't know quite how. You've called me out on it. Synchronicity is to be ignored at your own peril

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join