It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If You Were Government, What would you do with knowledge of ET life? Would You Share It?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Disclosure? hhhmmmmm
I believe that the reason the msm are showing more and more ufo video's is because someone in government told them to. I mean told them they want them to. Look at most of the video's. They are all just lights in the sky. Boring really. Nothing spectacular, nothing amazing. Why would they waste time showing them?
I reckon they've been asked to. Maybe gradual disclosure?
Ive often thought that if a country opposed to the united states, say iran, wanted to bring about a huge discomfort to the western allies/usa, why dont they bring about disclosure?
If the leader came on tv with evidence, say a crashed ufo and maybe a body or 2. Tangible real evidence.
Surely this would cause great unrest in american government.
Can you imagine Obama's press conference?
Maybe this is how we could get disclosure.
It does'nt have to be america that gives us disclosure.
I'd be happy if Kyrgyzstan's leader showed us REAL evidence

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveEquation

Who did that god or alien kill again?

I think the killing was done by man in the name of said god, not by the god himself.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by digihome92

I have noticed, however I think because I have an increased interest I am noticing more. Its like when you get a new car. All of a sudden you start noticing this same model and color everywhere you go. Its not that there are more cars like yours. You just notice them more because its important to you. If you're tuned into the whole UFO thing you will notice articles and tv shows and movies about them. I dont know that there has been an increase. It could be the same number of reports as always, I just may be noticing more because of my interest in the subject.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Yes if i were in charge i would disclose everything because the Alien/UFO is something that involves our planet and every human being on it. I think most people could handle it by now. Unfortunately JFK tried the full disclosure thing and he paid a high price for it. Who knows how many people got killed or "disappeared" into thin air over the past few centuries to keep it a secret. The government will never disclose anything because they were the first who would suffer the consequences.

Would you ever trust the government again after they said things like "yes clean energy is available for some time now but fossil energy generates more money and we never intended to share it with the rest of the world." The only way the government could save themselfs is a false flag and become the savior of the human race otherwise they are good as dead after a full disclosure took place.

I´m just hoping the good aliens will someday reveal themselfs without informing the governments all over the world. Just f*ck them all and say hello to us who care and listen. If you are a friendly race we could learn so much more from each other. Maybe it´s time for an intervention from the outside to put an end to all that madness around us.

edit on 3-8-2011 by Perfectenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Yes, I would share the information, although to avoid panic and disruption of world cultures (esp. religions), global economies, politics, etc., I would:

* Collaborate with other governments first, since such information will profoundly affect the entire planet population and not just the citizens of one country,

* Release the information slowly, selectively, and carefully, with particular attention and sensitivity to the very young, the infirm, the uneducated, and primitive societies.

* Assuming we're speaking of an actual visitation by sentient beings, and not just the discovery of some mold spore under a rock on some asteroid or something, then, If possible, do so in accordance with, and agreement between, the EBE's.

* Establish a protocol for administering the contact and human communication exchanges.

* Institute a mechanism for reassuring the world citizenry that they are not in any danger and their lives will not be disrupted (if, hopefully, that is indeed the case).

* Provide a means for those that wish to personally encounter or experience the EBE's, assuming the desire is reciprocal, to be able to do so in safety and with adequate security.

* Formulate a process for regular, continuous public updates through credible sources on any developments.

* Once the public accepts that "They are real", "They are here", the very next question will be, "What do they want?". Before any knowledge is shared, I would make absolutely sure you have a definitive, believable (i.e., honest), benign, mutually symbiotic answer to that question. And you must repeat that answer often.

* Then Hope, Pray, or Run and Hide - because you will witness the entire spectrum of human emotion hit the flood gates, even taking all of the precautions above (should you have the luxury of time and freedom to do so).

* With the above in mind, make sure you have a way to keep the EBE's, their technology, and their knowledge safe. Why? Because no matter how you much plan, reassure, and exercise caution, there will always be one or more human individuals and groups that will decide for themselves that they need to take matters into their own hands, to the detriment of all, and with little or no forethought or consideration of others or the well-being of our world or another's. Sad, but true - and probably why we must all suffer the silence and ignorance of "not knowing".

It is the number one reason I am ashamed of my fellow man. Look at us. Wars - murder - mayhem - pollution - genocide -- we can't take care of our own world - we can't take care of each other - we don't take care of our very selves. Do we deserve to know? Can we afford it? Are the potential consequences worth it? Perhaps not.

Thanks for the reminder about why we are probably kept in the dark today - why we have been kept there for decades - and why we likely will remain there for the foreseeable future - perhaps centuries.
edit on 8/3/2011 by Outrageo because:

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

LiveEquation
If You Were Government, What would you do with knowledge of ET life? Would You Share It?

It's the peoples right to know , so yes I would share it with the World .
There can be no excuse for keeping such knowledge from Mankind , the national security argument is bogus , what they really mean is military advantage and technological superiority .

Thats a really cool Gif Outrageo , thanks for posting

edit on 3-8-2011 by gortex because: Edit to add

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Outrageo

Thanks for the animated picture dude...totally awesome!!! I learnt something today. Makes me realize how i am a tiny part of this universe

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
NO! If i was lucky enough to get to work with that type of tech or be around that type of "need to know" information I would keep my mouth shut! You have to consider the implications of coming forth with hard evidence the "holy Grail" so to say. Being killed would be the least of your concern, hell..killing you for talking might be the easy way out.

I say this because no one out side of those who know the truth really KNOW what really is going on and why. Especially if it points fingers to our past leaders who we hold in high standards, how would you feel if you were told you were lied to from the start.....and i mean start!

I think i would sleep better at night if I was not resposible for breakouts of mass hysteria from religious fanatics, angry citizens all around the world and generally a scared mankind. We all know how rash mankind can be when frightened, hell it could even tip off a all out WW3

We are just to unpredicatable and how to you prepare for the actions of so many people? That itself could also lead to marshall goverments.

I would love for discloseure to happen, and I think it will be THEM who disclose that they are here.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057
reply to post by LiveEquation

Who did that god or alien kill again?

Let's start with the first born child of every egyptian at the time of Moshe. And there was the flood, the destruction of Sodom, the killing of Aarons children..etc etc, Later on we learn that this Alien god killed his own son in a temple not of this world and not made with human hands.

This is just a tiny bit of alien activities on earth and their interaction with us. If we unite, then we will learn from other cultures too what their experiences are. It is only then that it can be clear how we should release this information. but Unity has been branded as an evil one world order.
edit on 3-8-2011 by LiveEquation because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Let's just say for the sake of speculation that a UFO really crashed in New Mexico in the 1947-1950 timeframe, with bodies and other material recovered. Would the government of the United States have disclosed that information? Probably not, for geopolitical reasons more than anything. postwar jitters and the rising specter of the Soviet Bloc would have been enough to cause the leaders of the country to hold on to the craft, as well as any scientific advantages that could be gleaned from it. Putting it on display in the Smithsonian would have been akin to handing it over to the Russians on a plate, owing to the fact that their spies would have been able to get easier access to its mysteries.

An apparatus of secrecy (the Manhattan project) was already available in 1945, upon which to draw inspiration for dealing with new national security issues (like a crashed UFO).

But what happened after the 1940s? Lets say there were a few more radar cases, landings and other contacts, truly freaking out the airforce, who would have felt vulnerable and powerless to do anything. The UFOs seemed to be messing with our nuclear weapons, which caused particular worry. The Soviets really do step up their military ambitions, and by the middle of the 1950s we are deep into the cold war. No chance for public disclosure then.

The argument for disclosure can't really be made until the late 1980s and the fall of the Soviet Union.

Why wasn't there disclosure in the 1990s during the Clinton administration? I bet they seriously considered it. The economy was doing great, the USA was on top of the world, and there was no clear threat to American supremacy, at least on planet Earth.

Perhaps there was some kind of political conflict that led to a rift between the secret keepers in the military and the Clinton Whitehouse. Maybe the military industrial complex remains paranoid about possible threats to the US and they don't want any other country gaining access to technology recovered. Maybe they were so embarassed by the cover-up of the previous 50 years that they didn't want to have egg on their faces for changing the story. Maybe the stuff they recovered is so crazy there is no way to fit it into a simple narrative people could understand.

Will they disclose now? Less likely than in the 1990s. The USA is no longer on top of the world, the economy is in a shambles, and people are more politically divided than ever before. Nobody in government trusts anybody else. There's no way that tptb would agree to disclose when they can't even agree about the national debt.

In order for disclosure to make political sense, it would have to be during another period of stability, in which the USA didn't face any serious threats, foreign or domestic.

Don't underestimate the extent to which paranoia dictates American policy.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by kristobal

Well thought and well written. I will ask one question though, would it be ok for the government to release this information under the guise of a threat to earth in order to unite the people of earth?

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Reece

What do you mean, the people can't handle it?

This info never should have been secret to begin with.
At one time it was common knowledge.
Who was responsible for covering it up?
And why?
I can make a guess. The one to lose power when the mystery is revealed as ordinary flesh & blood ET's.
But there is greater mystery in the method used by "ordinary" to maintain control over those they put into the front position. What would happen if these frontmen said to "ordinary", "We aren't going to do this anymore."?

For any authority to deny the citizens knowledge of the goings on in their world is mental--emotional tyranny.
They played their game, and I have read that they lost to one faction.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   

. Maybe the stuff they recovered is so crazy there is no way to fit it into a simple narrative people could understand.

Will they disclose now? Less likely than in the 1990s. The USA is no longer on top of the world, the economy is in a shambles, and people are more politically divided than ever before. Nobody in government trusts anybody else. There's no way that tptb would agree to disclose when they can't even agree about the national debt.

In order for disclosure to make political sense, it would have to be during another period of stability, in which the USA didn't face any serious threats, foreign or domestic.

Don't underestimate the extent to which paranoia dictates American policy.

you said it all right there man! Well done!

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Although I like freedom of information, there would be millions of people unable to cope with the idea. There's pro's and cons both ways.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
The thing that bothers me a lot is that aliens meddle with human affairs in ways we cannot imagine.

For example, the alien gods of the old testament could not only know what people were thinking but also influenced people's thoughts to do certain things so he could have a specific outcome. This hasn't changed today.

This ability that the aliens have is a threat. It still exists today, it is what makes aliens dangerous. Both contactees and abductees all have something in common. Not only do the aliens know their thoughts but they can influence them as well.

There is a National Geographic documentary that details how the CIA is trying to be on the same footing as the aliens albeit using primitive methods that have left more scars than any meaningful progress.

The greatest threat we face from the aliens is their ability to know and control our thoughts to whatever means they see fit. I guess if you are government, the first question to ask is if you are under their influence too. Then you can learn covertly everything there is to know about them before deciding what to do. This actually kinda reminds me of the matrix

edit on 3-8-2011 by LiveEquation because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by LiveEquation

Well thought and well written. I will ask one question though, would it be ok for the government to release this information under the guise of a threat to earth in order to unite the people of earth?

It almost seems as if that was what Reagan was implying in his famous comments about an 'extraterrestrial threat'. I think that comment is illustrative of the fact that the US government has framed the UFO issue in terms of a national security / military problem. Reagan viewed aliens as hostile, in simple black and white terms that mirrored the attitude taken toward communism during the Cold War (much like George Bush Jr. with his 'us vs them' mentality).

In the post-9/11 world, where we have secret renditions, secret prisons, and the argument that we are fighting a nebulous, hydra-headed enemy, there is more of an emphasis on secrecy. The argument goes that if we tell the public about a specific terrorist plot, or about the surveillance techniques our government uses to thwart the terrorists, it would help the terrorists. So everything is kept secret, including the nature of the surveillance that they use to spy on all of us, in the name of fighting terrorism.

So, if aliens were here, and the government viewed them as a military threat, would that prompt them to tell us? Probably not, as it would be seen to work against the operational goals of self-defense. Remember what things were like in the cold war, when you had citizens looking under their beds for communists. Engaging the general public and freaking them out about aliens wouldn't accomplish much, unless there was a tactical advantage in having millions of americans running around in mobs in the street shooting at anything that looked like an alien.

I think we need to sort out our relationship with the military/industrial/surveillance apparatus, before we even begin to consider disclosure. Why are people all over the world alright with the NSA spying on their every communication? What do we even know about how the NSA or NRO operate? We don't know anything about those very important *human* organisations and what they are doing. As long as public apathy exists about the general state of secrecy, there won't be any opportunity for specific issues like UFOs to come out into the open.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
I would say NO! One of the first things humans started to do with cell phones, was remote controlling bombs with them. I could only imagine a radical group with an anti-gravitational device. Lawrdy!

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Very good post but i don´t think that even the president of the USA has the clearance for such things and is kept in the dark too. Maybe they involved some of the past presidents like Bush but after JFK they became much more careful as it seems. I wonder how much JFK really knew or was he just speculating without real evidence. It´s a shame that we will never know the truth.

The whole alien invasion scenario is not a threat or a possibility. If they wanted to wipe us out they would´ve done it a long time ago. I can´t think of one good or plausible reason to keep it a secret. There is always the possibility that some people could go crazy but the whole world? I don´t think so.

Goddamn this sucks. I´m tired of this bull#. I wish there was someone out there to force them to a full disclosure so we can save the planet and ourselfs and put an end to wars,famine,deseases and such things. We will never learn it on our own. History sadly showed that.

We need a earth shattering event to let us put all differences by aside and to unite mankind...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join