Yes, I would share the information, although to avoid panic and disruption of world cultures (esp. religions), global economies, politics, etc., I
* Collaborate with other governments first, since such information will profoundly affect the entire planet population and not just the citizens of
* Release the information slowly, selectively, and carefully, with particular attention and sensitivity to the very young, the infirm, the uneducated,
and primitive societies.
* Assuming we're speaking of an actual visitation by sentient beings, and not just the discovery of some mold spore under a rock on some asteroid or
something, then, If possible, do so in accordance with, and agreement between, the EBE's.
* Establish a protocol for administering the contact and human communication exchanges.
* Institute a mechanism for reassuring the world citizenry that they are not in any danger and their lives will not be disrupted (if, hopefully, that
is indeed the case).
* Provide a means for those that wish to personally encounter or experience the EBE's, assuming the desire is reciprocal, to be able to do so in
safety and with adequate security.
* Formulate a process for regular, continuous public updates through credible sources on any developments.
* Once the public accepts that "They are real", "They are here", the very next question will be, "What do they want?". Before any knowledge is
shared, I would make absolutely sure you have a definitive, believable (i.e., honest), benign, mutually symbiotic answer to that question. And you
must repeat that answer often.
* Then Hope, Pray, or Run and Hide - because you will witness the entire spectrum of human emotion hit the flood gates, even taking all of the
precautions above (should you have the luxury of time and freedom to do so).
* With the above in mind, make sure you have a way to keep the EBE's, their technology, and their knowledge safe. Why? Because no matter how you
much plan, reassure, and exercise caution, there will always be one or more human individuals and groups that will decide for themselves that they
need to take matters into their own hands, to the detriment of all, and with little or no forethought or consideration of others or the well-being of
our world or another's. Sad, but true - and probably why we must all suffer the silence and ignorance of "not knowing".
It is the number one reason I am ashamed of my fellow man. Look at us. Wars - murder - mayhem - pollution - genocide -- we can't take care of our
own world - we can't take care of each other - we don't take care of our very selves. Do we deserve to know? Can we afford it? Are the potential
consequences worth it? Perhaps not.
Thanks for the reminder about why we are probably kept in the dark today - why we have been kept there for decades - and why we likely will remain
there for the foreseeable future - perhaps centuries.
edit on 8/3/2011 by Outrageo because: