It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If You Were Government, What would you do with knowledge of ET life? Would You Share It?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
For the past decade, rumors about a possible disclosure of ET life have been circulating on the internet. A certain Dr. Greer even held a conference of such a disclosure by gathering "credible witness" to try to convince congress to release such information. Here is a full record of their conference.

How did the congress respond? like any other responsible parent would do: Silence! And now the disclosure project was just like any other circus where trainers play with dangerous unpredictable wild animals.

Let us go back in time and try to remember briefly what these Aliens have done in the past.

-The Aliens introduced religion to mankind
-The Aliens usually fought against each other
-One alien gave Abraham land that didn't belong to him and had Abraham's nation commit heinous crimes against the inhabitants of the land.
-The aliens saved Hitler life many times and kept him alive so he could commit atrocious acts humanity

Now there have been good aliens too like Jesus who healed many people, but didn't the same Jesus threaten those who didn't believe in him with eternal fire?

The ET knowledge needs to be controlled and understood first before people are mature enough to know the real dangers that are out there. Is the government being over protective when it comes to us? Didn't Regan recognize the threat?

what would you do with this knowledge if you were a government and why?

Mods please move this accordingly
edit on 3-8-2011 by LiveEquation because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by LiveEquation

No offence but these kinds of discussions occur every other day on ATS and they always end in conflict because of different ideas. There are so many reasons, right or wrong why they wouldn't want us to know, it's up to us to believe them or not, and that's why ATS exists!

Could even be economic. Maybe there's still money to be made from the ET phenomenon.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by LiveEquation
For the past decade, rumors about a possible disclosure of ET life have been circulating

Such rumours and claims have been circulating for MUCH longer than the past decade.

They have amounted to nothing - other than enabling a few individuals to make a fair bit of money appealing to their supporters for donations or in charges for seminars/books/conventions.

All the best,

Isaac
edit on 3-8-2011 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by VraxUK

actually you are right, there are economic issues and social issues to be considered. Say the government could get clean energy, where would we dump all the crafts we use? should we first build a capability to transport stuff to out of space and use space or the moon as a dumping site?

However, i think Regan was right. we need to set aside our differences and become a unit first in cause and effect. Then nothing will be impossible

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
if i were the government, i would keep the info from the people.

this would result in them wasting untold hours of their life arguing and speculating about it on various internet forums and tv shows, instead of addressing the issues that are causing their country to crumble.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by LiveEquation
reply to post by VraxUK

actually you are right, there are economic issues and social issues to be considered. Say the government could get clean energy, where would we dump all the crafts we use? should we build a capability to transport stuff to out of space and use space or the moon as a dumping site?

Not a bad idea, but in a few hundred years we might have to use the moon for something or other, and polluting it now would be like shooting ourselves in the foot. Someone invented the infinite battery if my memory serves me correctly, and then a company brought it and stuck it in a safe for no one to see.

I also remember seeing a water powered beach buggy in the 70's using electromagnetic. Where's that gone?

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by BlesUTP

Yes, we need to resolve the issues that separate us first i totally agree

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
It's impossible to speculate on what one would do with the information without knowing the exact nature of our ET friends. What I would do with the information would be determined by the nature of it. Some things, if true, are perhaps better left undisclosed at this time, wile anything that would benefit humanity as a whole I would obviously want to get out as soon as possible.

Also, aliens revived Hitler? I think I missed that one.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
A: There is no Federal Government

Corporations would use the intel to make money.

To prove my theory look at the putrid income of the Federal Government? Apple makes more money a month than the Federal Government?

Don't expect to be told anything of significance. You are just a tool to make money off of by Corporations.

There is no money to be made off of telling you there are 'aliens'.......unless the Corporations want to kick start a new "Manhatten Project" of hyper Federal spending against such a fake threat to make Trillions.

If there were Aliens Barrack Obama would have spilled the beans to get JOBS in America...he ain't the shot caller.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

No. I think you have that backwards. Thinking we are alone as a species allows us the luxury of our division and squabbling. Nothing brings a group of humans together faster than the appearance of another powerful (and therefore potentially threatening) group.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Did you get a confession or something? You sure attribute a multitude of sins to the aliens. It will be a shame if you are bearing false witness dont you think? Thats one of the ten commandments Did they give those to us? If so then Thoul shall not kill is in there. Are the aliens hipocrites too?
edit on 3-8-2011 by karen61057 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by InvaderSkich

I said Aliens saved him...watch this clip

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

The ten commandments? hmmm, the god or alien who gave those laws killed without mercy. how is that a good thing?

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by justwokeup

No. I think you have that backwards. Thinking we are alone as a species allows us the luxury of our division and squabbling. Nothing brings a group of humans together faster than the appearance of another powerful (and therefore potentially threatening) group.

Yes it is true but while we have time before such an event, shouldn't we start working together? Divisions lead us nowhere and makes us stall

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Since theres a hidden government behind the government, i don't think we will be even allowed to share E.T knowledge. Theres only 2 reasons why the Gov't would give out a disclosure.

1. False Flag Operation - Fake Alien Invasion that will set up a New World Order. (Think about it)
2. To make all the E.T's look as if they are enemies. (There are benevolent races out there, not all of them are bad...) and they are doing this by making a crap load of alien movies...

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I would release it? TPTB and other governments, think they know whats best for me? No, they don't i do? I mean, if we didn't have all the lies and we were united as a world, think about how much more technological advancements we would have.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by HazyChestNutz

In my opinion disclosure has been happening for a while now even more so in recent years. Through movies, tv shows, books etc. we have been seeing alot of them so that when they are ready to admit it it wont be as much as a shock because in a way we always knew aliens existed. I have a feeling disclosure is close because have you noticed how much more UFO's are in all areas of the media lately?

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by digihome92
reply to post by HazyChestNutz

In my opinion disclosure has been happening for a while now even more so in recent years. Through movies, tv shows, books etc. we have been seeing alot of them so that when they are ready to admit it it wont be as much as a shock because in a way we always knew aliens existed. I have a feeling disclosure is close because have you noticed how much more UFO's are in all areas of the media lately?
True, UFOs are appearing in media a lot. But all of them are either alien invasions, abductions and going for our resources. That's what media is teaching you and all of us.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I wouldn't release the information which is unfortunate. We the people of Earth need to mature first before we can handle this information. There is way too much intolerance between us for people to accept ET's. If we can't even get along with each other how could we be part of a galactic community? If information about ET's were to be disclosed we would stop fixing our own problems, as another poster suggested, and start focusing on them. Then we may never mature as a people properly. We have a long way to go and sometimes I wonder if we'll ever reach the point where we can all get along. Maybe some day.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Reece

If the government can handle it then so can we imo. If the subject was disclosed i think it would be like what happens in eveyday situations e.g. a long feud with a relative been going on for years, put them both in the same room as say a new addition to the family or a family member seriously ill and the feud seems petty in comparison. I believe the same would happen to war and terrorism etc. especially because if UFO's are real the religion is not then what would the point in a war be bearing in mind oil etc probably doesnt matter now cos we just found out we can travel the universe!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join