It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Understanding UN Bias against Israel

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Nathwa

With that comment you quoted, i meant to say that historically speaking, the Jews have been innocent of the things those who hated them accussed them of.

Look at this thread.

Not a single person here has the intellectual or moral maturity to concede that Israel recieves a $hit load more attention than it deserves.

The job of the UN humans rights council is to protect the rights of ALL people. Not just palestinians. Who btw, recieve more aid than any other group in human history.

To ignore the 5 other nations that the video listed, in addition to many others, paints a picture not all together very different from what Hilter had done. And who in Hitlers day disagreed with him?? Mainly those with the basic sense of right and wrong; mostly christians, freemasons,ie; those who cultivated a strong moral sense. Who wanted justice for all people.

Who here can say this is fair treatment? That the Jews arent being singled out by the international community?

People here should read more. Like, for instance, "the abandonment of the Jews 1941-1945". You can read for yourself how all those European Nations, the US, and UK especially appeared to be colluding with the Nazis to kill the Jews.

Am i to ignore this? Am i gonna be one of those naive liberals who thinks evertyhing the UN does is hunky dory?
That their cant be an evil collusion at the higher echelons???

You would think the UNs preoponderance with New Age spirituality - which opposes the religious conservatism of Jews and Christians, might have something to do with it.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by UmbraSumus

So china - a member of the UN, and Nigeria, and Sudan and Cambodia, and Syria, Libya, Egypt etc.... They shouldnt be held to a higher standard? Is this the "humans rights council for democratic nations" or is it the humans rights council the world over.

That explanation, i hope you can see, is quite unsatisfactory.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
A very striking picture !!!!

And it isn`t all Muslim and Communist nations .......

Vote on Palestinian Right to Self-Determination (A/C.3/61/L.51):

176 in favor:

Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Andorra, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belgium, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei Darussalam, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Chile, China, Colombia, Comoros, Congo, Costa Rica, Côte d’Ivoire, Croatia, Cuba, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Denmark, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Eritrea, Estonia, Ethiopia, Fiji, Finland, France, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Germany, Ghana, Greece, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Ireland, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Latvia, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Malta, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Moldova, Monaco, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nepal, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Republic of Korea, Romania, Russian Federation, Rwanda, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Samoa, San Marino, Sao Tome and Principe, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Sweden, Switzerland, Syria, Tajikistan, Thailand, The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Timor-Leste, Togo, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United Republic of Tanzania, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Venezuela, Viet Nam, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe.

5 against:

Israel, Marshall Islands, Micronesia (Federated States of), Palau, United States.

5 abstentions:

Australia, Canada, Central African Republic, Nauru, Vanuatu.

UNWatch.org

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

Israel has received far more aid than the native Palestinians. You should not post such nonsense.
Why do you post lies?
How much aid to Israel has the U.S. government just recently approved? I know you know, because you have authored a thread..."Understanding UN Bias against Israel", and you wish for us to understand. So, please explain the bias we show towards Israel, since roughly one-half of our foreign aid now goes to Israel.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   

I watched about 20 seconds of that video you posted.
I don't clutter my mind with garbage so I will be moving
on to another thread!
How I feel about Israel is explained in my signature.

I made a mistake and glanced at a few of your posts.
I really wish the ignore feature hadn't been disabled.
edit on 3-8-2011 by mamabeth because: added

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by UmbraSumus

-------
Maybe Israel is being held to a higher standard -

...... that of a Democracy .

edit on 3-8-2011 by UmbraSumus because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-8-2011 by UmbraSumus because: edited to add ***extra text

and that BS is BS!

every nation should be held to the same dam standards.

what's up with that reasoning, i've seen that used against the US too!

is this affirmative action for f'd up countries? they get some sort of pass?

higher standards my..............

lol, can't make the cut, don't expect to be on the team.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by SirClem

I was referring to humanitarian aid.

Combined, Egypt, Sudan (a genocidal regime) and Pakistan, recieve TWICE as much foreign aid than Israel, and they arent even democratic nations! So much for the values liberals champion.

Instead of whining about the foreign aid America gives to Israel that is apparently "crippling the american economy", why not complain about the 13+ billion that is given to Afghanistan and Iraq every year.

OK?

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally

So china - a member of the UN, and Nigeria, and Sudan and Cambodia, and Syria, Libya, Egypt etc.... They shouldnt be held to a higher standard? Is this the "humans rights council for democratic nations" or is it the humans rights council the world over.

That explanation, i hope you can see, is quite unsatisfactory.

Human rights abuses in another country do not negate the fact that human rights abuses are taking place in Israel. On the topic of percentage of overall resolutions regarding Israel/Palestine - I would imagine the duration of the conflict is a factor . The UN having a hand in the creation of the state of Israel - has something to say about how it treats those under its guardianship/control.

I would agree that the frequency of resolutions brought before the UN for consideration (to vote on) regarding Israel is a product of a Muslim block of nations and other allies ........ But when voted upon - one can`t in good conscience ignore such an astounding mandate for action from a huge proportion of the nations of the world.

I agree that there should be greater emphasis on other transgressors of human rights - Solving the Israeli/Palestine issue should free up a lot of UN time.

Hope to see it in my lifetime

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

I agree that there should be greater emphasis on other transgressors of human rights - Solving the Israeli/Palestine issue should free up a lot of UN time. Hope to see it in my lifetime

Are you being ironic?? You hope to see it in your lifetime??

Thats nice. So, in the mean time, let those in countries dealing with real humans rights issues - like the massacre in Sudan (a major beneficiary of US economic support) just wait till the Israel issue is solved???

Anyways. Im done talking to you. Youre an apologist for why what the UN is doing is ultimately justified.
edit on 3-8-2011 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   

reply to post by rogerstigers

Just based on the hebrew characters in your avatar, I would hazard a guess that you have no small measure of bias yourself.

How is that remotely relevant here? Am i being biased? Is it biased for me to say that the UN since the late 70s has become increasingly anti-Israel?

However, I would like to remind the readers that bias against the GOVERNMENT of Israel is NOT bias against Jewish people. Anyone who would suggest such a thing is just as guilty of racism as the people they condem

How do you figure? Israel is the Jewish nation; or the Jew of the nations, in terms of the UN. Its merely a macrocosmic manifestation of the same ancient anti-semitism.

I have no illusions that I will ever sway your opinion nor do I in the long run even care about your opinion. However, the context of my post was that you immediately tried to portray a commentator that was not painting Israel in a good light as anti-semantic. You play the race card like it mattered, but in the end, it just paints you as a troll.

If Israel is a Jewish state, then it's government and citizenship would, apparently, be all Jewish.. but it is not. Seems that this description of Israel as a Jewish state would be denying the other ethinic groups in Israel of their identity as Israelites. That sounds a lot like Apartheid and ultimately leads to ethnic groups being ostricized and "removed".

Not that the Jews would know anything about that.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Israel is on the recieving end of international condemnations, while Iraq was on the recieving end of international resolutions permiting military interventions as was Libya, North Korea and Yugoslavia. North Korea is condemned yearly for its human rights violations and has multiple seucity council resolutions passed against it as does Iran in regards to its nuclear program. When Israel is on the recieving end of a resolution that permits foreign militaries to intervene in Israel then come back to me and tell me about the anti-Israeli bias. Until then take you propogandized BS videos and exagerated rhetoric elsewhere.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

I agree that there should be greater emphasis on other transgressors of human rights - Solving the Israeli/Palestine issue should free up a lot of UN time. Hope to see it in my lifetime

Are you being ironic?? You hope to see it in your lifetime??

Thats nice. So, in the mean time, let those in countries dealing with real humans rights issues - like the massacre in Sudan (a major beneficiary of US economic support) just wait till the Israel issue is solved???

Anyways. Im done talking to you. Youre an apologist for why what the UN is doing is ultimately justified.
edit on 3-8-2011 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

Its hard to take what you are saying seriously because you are a Zionist apologist, possibly even a paid Zionost troll of the kind spoken about here..

www.haaretz.com...

You have over two thousand posts to your name on these forums and 90%+ are spouting pro Israeli propaganda.
Im sorry but i find that suspicious,in fact its the first time i have ever seen that percentage of posts from any member on the same topic, let alone the topic in question.
edit on 7-8-2011 by auraelium because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
There's no biased attitude against Israel in the United Nations. Israel constantly puts itself in a position where it can be criticized, either for human rights abusement or a deadlock in peace negotiations. Israel is supposed to be a role model country for the entire Middle East, and incidents like the Mavi Marmara are not role model material. Bombing civilians and destroying infrastructure is not role model material. Building settlements across the West Bank and especially in East Jerusalem is not role model material. Israel has to learn to get along with people, rather then push them away, otherwise Israel will always have enemies that want to see her destruction.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by auraelium

Maby its because Israel has caused more problems than any other nation on earth in the last 50 years..

Illegal nuclear weapons.. China
False flag terrorist attacks.. China
Iradiating its own children in medical experiments.. China
Bombing allied ships in order to draw allies in to wars.. China
Creating the largest prison camp in the world in Gaza city.. China -> Ever seen all of China's prisons and "re-education" centres?
Treating Arabs as animals... China -> Han Chinese (majority) treat anyone different like white folk treated black people in 1960s America
Interfering in other nations affairs.. China does that a lot
Robbing and counterfiting passports from other nations... China also excels in this, corruption abound of course
carrying out extra judicial assinations in foreign countrys.. China's security services are no stranger to that kind of action
Bribing, manipulationg and usurping foreign governments.. Yeah, China
Murdering peacefull protesters.. China
Creating malicous computer viruses... China
using paid trolls to hijack and manipulate the blogsphere.. China
and too many other things to list in full...

Did you ever think the bias could be stemming from this?

No.. didnt think so

You reap what you sow my friend...

edit on 3-8-2011 by auraelium because: (no reason given)

No equal hatred for China? Face it, everyone can see that the number of UN resolutions against Israel is decidedly slanted when it comes to actually policing regimes. The unstable countries of the UN have it in for Israel, and everyone goes along with it because it's for "human rights" just like allowing China to suppress protesters and minorities is for "buying power".

Tsk tsk, you biased morons.
edit on 8-8-2011 by Dnevnoi because: Needed a reddish tone

God Bless the Heavenly Kingdom, amirite?
edit on 8-8-2011 by Dnevnoi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dnevnoi
No equal hatred for China? Face it, everyone can see that the number of UN resolutions against Israel is decidedly slanted when it comes to actually policing regimes. The unstable countries of the UN have it in for Israel, and everyone goes along with it because it's for "human rights" just like allowing China to suppress protesters and minorities is for "buying power".

No doubt that China is equally as bad in many ways.. as is everyone else on the US Security Council. Perhaps this is the core of why so many people view the UN as the longest running gag in history.
edit on 8-8-2011 by rogerstigers because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dnevnoi

Originally posted by auraelium

Maby its because Israel has caused more problems than any other nation on earth in the last 50 years..

Illegal nuclear weapons.. China
False flag terrorist attacks.. China
Iradiating its own children in medical experiments.. China
Bombing allied ships in order to draw allies in to wars.. China
Creating the largest prison camp in the world in Gaza city.. China -> Ever seen all of China's prisons and "re-education" centres?
Treating Arabs as animals... China -> Han Chinese (majority) treat anyone different like white folk treated black people in 1960s America
Interfering in other nations affairs.. China does that a lot
Robbing and counterfiting passports from other nations... China also excels in this, corruption abound of course
carrying out extra judicial assinations in foreign countrys.. China's security services are no stranger to that kind of action
Bribing, manipulationg and usurping foreign governments.. Yeah, China
Murdering peacefull protesters.. China
Creating malicous computer viruses... China
using paid trolls to hijack and manipulate the blogsphere.. China
and too many other things to list in full...

Did you ever think the bias could be stemming from this?

No.. didnt think so

You reap what you sow my friend...

edit on 3-8-2011 by auraelium because: (no reason given)

The Difinitive answer to your question is... The majority of the UN resolutions against Israel are for warcrimes as aposed to Chinas mostly social injustices.

also China is not a "Democratic country" its a communist rogue state. In fact your comparison completly backs up my point...
. Pointing to another country that has committed similar abuses to Israel does not justify those abuses.

Your argument is akin to someone in Stalinist Russia justifying states atrocitys by argueing that Nazi Germany had done similar.

edit on 9-8-2011 by auraelium because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Your argument is basically "look, these other guys are doing bad things so why should only Israel get so much negative attention from the UN?"

Point taken. So, how about excusing the Nazis for what they did.... you know, because various other regimes/empires throughout history have also done bad things?

Or is that kind of special pleading reserved only for Israel?

edit on 11-8-2011 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Am i gonna be one of those naive liberals who thinks evertyhing the UN does is hunky dory?

Im sure you found it "hunky dory" when the UN did something to help create Israel.
Or do you just have a problem only when the UN finds fault with Israel?

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n

So, how about excusing the Nazis for what they did.... you know, because various other regimes/empires throughout history have also done bad things?
puz:
edit on 11-8-2011 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

Lol, we have seen plenty of excusing for what the Nazis did, right hear at ATS.
From “Hitler was a Jew” through “Jews declared war on Germany” ending at - and the best one - “the Jews sacrificed 6 millions of their own people because 6 is a sacred number in Judaism”.

Makes me wonder, if the Jewish people are so influential and powerful, control the media, banks, Illuminati, Freemasons, catholic church ________ fill in the blanks, caused WWI, WWII and killed JFK, how come they still have no control over the UN?

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   

You are loosing support..
Time for Israel to recruit more online bloggers to push their propaganda..

The FACT is, people know more today and hear it faster than ever before..
Lies are harder to conceal...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join