It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5k Zombie Run

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
thats the one thing that burns me they keep changing the defintion of a zombie

are the slow and stupid or are the fast and smart hollywood has play around with it too long.

anyone can win if they are slow and stupid but good luck if they are the fast and smart kind.

disclaimer i do wish for a zombie apocalyspe i can finally own a gun and fire it without all those anti gun peeps whining about it.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I think that would depend on the human that became a zombie.

Nixie Nox = a slow lumbering zombie
getreadyalready = fast zombie.

Though I am hoping to be less slow by October.

Now for this race I am sure they have all types, though an article mentions special chase zombies, aka other athletes.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Now that sounds like a blast!! Baltimore is only an 90 minute trip south of me, heck my buddies sis lives down there, why not make a weekend out of it. Drinking, running from zombie's... ya know! I hope I can use my Louisville!!

Guess I'm gonna have to blow some of the dust off that PS3 and start zombie training....lol

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Brains!!!!
edit on 4-8-2011 by ntech because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
For anyone who is interested in coming, look me up in facebook. My email is [email protected]

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Just adding an update for those interested. The site has now listed future races.

Including Atlanta, Boston, and San Diego.

The team petered out as expected, so it will be just me.
But anyone still interested can join me, you have a week left to register.
edit on 21-9-2011 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
There are local zombie walks where everyone dresses up and act like zombies. We are doing our first one, should be a blast. I'm sure there are some in you neck of the woods as well.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
UPDATE:

They just scheduled Pittsburgh for next September. Think I will be doing that one!

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
These types of mini-adventure races look like a lot of fun, much more intriguing then an ordinary marathon run. A bunch of friends did the Warrior Dash this year and had a blast (I had to work, sad face) but I'm in, next year. If a Zombie Run comes to town, it would be a hit...

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Thank you lady.

I got the stats after registration was closed. I didnt know how large it was going to be but it sold out, and had over 10,000 participants.

The warrior dash sounds like fun.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Here in TX, the fund-raiser is the Jailbreak 5K Run

Wife has some friends who've run the one outside of Austin. Last year, it was complete with sirens and barking dogs in the distance. They had to crouch-and-run through a set of those big industrial drainage pipes, then climb up a rope or over some obstacles to get over the "perimeter fence", and then run off into the woods. They also had to double back up a stream (to lose the bloodhounds) then skirt some police roadblocks.

I think the general idea is hilarious, even if its not as "survivalist" as a zombie-run, it still has that idea of asking "am I too fat to save myself?"

They said the barbeque was excellent as well.

Edit it add: the thought of the wife's physically fit friends, acting out a "Charlie's Angels" episode, makes it a bit hard to type....
edit on 8-10-2011 by dr_strangecraft because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Just did the Zombie walk this past Sunday in Downtown Royal Oak Michigan. It was a blast. There were about 700 of us out walking the downtown area. The looks of people who didn't know what was happening was priceless. People were sitting at sidewalk cafe restaurants watching us all go by. Many of the zombies stayed in character which made it really fun.

A Zombie run would be even better.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I am giving another update:

Travel Channel and G4 are now going to be there along with other networks.

I was out of the race due to the car accident, haven't been able to train (also got minor knee surgery coming up)

but the race wouldn't let me switch tickets with my brother, so I will hobble along and do the best I can.

I will play bait. XD

Or hope for safety in numbers.

I will take plenty of pictures.

But I still plan to do the Pittsburgh run if anyone wants to join me there. I will offically document that event, it is September 1, 2012 so that will give me time to get a vid camera, and get up to shape again.

Here are part of the race day instructions tomorrow, I got a big kick out of it and hope I make it long enough to have some fun.

You will be covered in mud, zombie guts, body parts, and other apocalyptic liquids after the race so bring a towel and change of clothing (especially socks and clean shoes to change into). We will have a "decontamination zone" and changing rooms at the event so you can clean off and change into clean clothes.

The first obstacle is sewage lines, and they mention something about 4 ft of water. At least it will be over 60.

I was reading a backstory, apparently the one partner who started this was just starting a clothing line and came up with the run for your lives slogan, so they started to create an event to promote it, and now they have 8 cities booked for this race.

Today is the last day to register for NYC I believe.
edit on 21-10-2011 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-10-2011 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join