It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Air Force Cites New Testament, Ex-Nazi, to Train Officers on Ethics of Launching Nuclear Weapons

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
With the military cut to nothing isn't it disgraceful we're still wasting very very scarce DOD money to have Chaplains in the military?

There's plenty of churches around Minot for those missileers to go to when they are off duty.

There is no religious decision in launching those nukes. If some other country nukes us, that guy in the missile silo can decide to launch to kill them...and he dies....or he can just sit there and die.

It really doesn't matter. We have more than enough nukes to make up for 1 guy breaking down and crying and refusing to do it.

Besides, they are heavily screened. Only madmen officers who've proved themselves get into USAF missile silos or Special Operations. No pansy nansy girly boys get those jobs. They've already had to step on some Americans neck to get in there...to prove themself.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

And the quotes by Werner Von Braun that they used:

"We knew that we had created a new means of warfare and the question as to what nation, to what victorious nation we were willing to entrust this brainchild of ours was a moral decision [emphasis in document] more than anything else," Von Braun said upon surrendering to American forces in May 1945. "We wanted to see the world spared another conflict such as Germany had just been through and we felt that only by surrendering such a weapon to people who are guided by the Bible could such an assurance to the world be best secured." [emphasis in document]

Wow. Just, wow.

I theorized that the Nazi's actually made the nuclear bomb before us. And that the nuclear bombs dropped on Japan were NAZI captured devices.

Reading that Quote of Von Braun.....sounds like he gave America the nuclear bomb....and thought us being Christians we wouldn't use them.

Boy was he wrong.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Ya tell me about it,, what a shumozal when drivers on Englands m1 ? roadway, caught two of these "super girls"
swedish i believe,, well as luck would have it "It's ALL caught on tape! the BBC were doing a documentary, with the guy in the cop car,, who was first on the scene,,, lol,,, well they just started taping it all,,, what else could they do?
Especially when one of them gets run over by a SEMI and,, the other bounces of off the windshield of a car,,
thats when they get up, and realize there surrounded, and on camera,,, well it takes 12 cops,,, but anyway its on tape and out there in internet world.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

To prove themselves as...what? Psychopathic mass murderers?
Nice.

"Yup, I finished up my transformation. I was just a kid whose girlfriend dumped him, and because she was anti-war I joined the military just to hurt her. But now I'm ready. And how's my M16 look? Yeah, shiny, what!? Can't wait to aim it at someone's head....I'm ready! I'm ready! Put me in coach.....!"

Disgusting.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Video games actually reduce aggressive feelings as the digital opponents become the object of aggression, not the people around them in the offline world. In terms of development, it's beneficial for young people to play video games as the constant tapping and twitching of their thumbs (or if you play Kinect or Wii) helps with hand-eye coordination.

Besides, if video games train soldiers then we're all doomed. Not because everyone is a trained soldier and desensitized to violence, but because there is going to be so much teamkilling going on and plenty of inappropriate jokes.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

Do you have a link? I'm not sure what your point is -- clones trained to kill? In the form of swedish girls?

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Dnevnoi

I learned somewhere in the mist-enveloped past also that it is suspected that video-game training has made little kids better shots....so when they find grandfather's arsenal and aim it at someone, they will surely hit it.

This, however, does not take into account that one must be taught how to use the weapon in hand (from personal experience while in my husband's tutoring).

But yeah, if the military uses video-games to train soldiers, and, as in the supposed Chinese case, for the "video enemy" to look like Americans...um...yikes

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

sorry,, try m1 roadway swedish girls, there is a bbc documentarty as well

one of the girls i think they said they were twins ,,was bought too jail,,,,after they tranq. her ,, but im giving an account from memory,,,

But Its Out There,,, lol

here,,,, gee,,,, that was hard too find???

www.metacafe.com...

ya gotta do some research u know,,, where's your link's,,,,,, nevermind
edit on 3-8-2011 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Entire conferences devoted to military gaming technology...
Gametech!

Excerpt from the site: Team Orlando Capabilities

Team Orlando research psychologists and engineers apply the Science of Learning to develop the most effective warfighter training solutions. The Science of Learning is the body of knowledge about the way people learn, the factors that affect learning, and the ways in which instructional methods and technology can be used to facilitate learning.

Not sure what this company is all about, but I'm sure it's just a speck on the map of the military industrial complex. Rather than employing religion for training, just make it a game, and *voila*. Desensitization, distance, and unreality.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius

Originally posted by wildtimes

And the quotes by Werner Von Braun that they used:

"We knew that we had created a new means of warfare and the question as to what nation, to what victorious nation we were willing to entrust this brainchild of ours was a moral decision [emphasis in document] more than anything else," Von Braun said upon surrendering to American forces in May 1945. "We wanted to see the world spared another conflict such as Germany had just been through and we felt that only by surrendering such a weapon to people who are guided by the Bible could such an assurance to the world be best secured." [emphasis in document]

Wow. Just, wow.

I theorized that the Nazi's actually made the nuclear bomb before us. And that the nuclear bombs dropped on Japan were NAZI captured devices.

Reading that Quote of Von Braun.....sounds like he gave America the nuclear bomb....and thought us being Christians we wouldn't use them.

Boy was he wrong.

This is news to me as I do know that Germans had been working on the Bomb way before the allies. However captured bombs? hmmm.

Any specific links or credible web site supporting this?

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
here is a question if the key/ button was to used, would you have an atheist, a Jew a Christin or a Muslim turn the key?.
Does not matter who launched first, just what type of believer would you feel best with, to be the one to do the deed.
My self a Christian , for he/she can ask for forgiveness.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

That's an interesting question!

I can't answer it.

I don't think the button should be pushed by anyone at all. There is no forgiveness for deliberately massacring thousands of people and leaving a wake of toxic destruction. Not in any universe under any creed would it be okay.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Explanation: S&F!

Ok lets have a look at this ...

1stly W. Von Braun was into rockets not nukes and he is clearly talking about giving the West [usa] a DELIVERY SYSTEM!

2ndly This religous stuff ... was covered BRILLIANTLY by Stanley Kubric in Full Metal Jacket.

And here is why they have to do such things... Its so the enlisted personel STAY ON TARGET!

Guts is ENOUGH!!! [ahhh so the Mary, Jesus and God show is just a test ... I see now
]

Colonel: Marine, what is that button on your body armor?
Private Joker: A peace symbol, sir!
Colonel: Where’d you get it?
Private Joker: I don’t remember, sir!
Colonel: What is that you’ve got written on your helmet?
Private Joker: "Born to kill," sir!
Colonel: You write "Born to kill" on your helmet, and you wear a peace button. What’s that supposed to be, some kind of sick joke?
Private Joker: No, sir!
Colonel: What is it supposed to mean?
Private Joker: I don’t know, sir!
Colonel: You don’t know very much, do you?
Private Joker: No, sir!
Colonel: You better get your head and your ass wired together, or I will take a giant # on you!
Private Joker: Yes, sir!
Colonel: Now answer my question or you’ll be standing tall before the man!
Private Joker: I think I was trying to suggest something about the duality of man, sir!
Colonel: The what?
Private Joker: The duality of man. The Jungian thing, sir!
Colonel: Whose side are you on, son?
Private Joker: Our side, sir!
Colonel: Don’t you love your country?
Colonel: Then how ‘bout getting with the program? Why don’t you jump on the team and come on in for the big win?
Colonel: Son, all I’ve ever asked of my Marines is for them to obey my orders as they would the word of God. We are here to help the Vietnamese, because inside every gook there is an American trying to get out. It’s a hard-ball world, son. We’ve gotta try to keep our heads until this peace craze blows over!
Private Joker: [Salutes] Aye-aye, sir!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training... you will be a weapon, you will be a minister of death, praying for war. But until that day you are pukes! You're the lowest form of life on Earth. You are not even human #ing beings! You are nothing but unorganized grabasstic pieces of amphibian #! Because I am hard, you will not like me. But the more you hate me, the more you will learn: I am hard, but I am fair! There is no racial bigotry here! I do not look down on 'n-word's, kikes, wops, or greasers; here you are all equally worthless! And my orders are to weed out all non-hackers who do not pack the gear to serve in my beloved Corps! Do you maggots understand that?

OL notes that although there WAS some religious bigotry .. it was used to stress test and harden the soldiers resolve.

Here is probably a more APT biblical scripture that would of stated things more clearly...

Ecclesiastes Chapter 3 [blueletterbible.org]

Ecc 3:1 ¶ To every [thing there is] a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:

Ecc 3:2 A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up [that which is] planted;

Ecc 3:3 A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;

Ecc 3:4 A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;

Ecc 3:5 A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;

Ecc 3:6 A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;

Ecc 3:7 A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;

Ecc 3:8 A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.

Ecc 3:9 ¶ What profit hath he that worketh in that wherein he laboureth?

Ecc 3:10 I have seen the travail, which God hath given to the sons of men to be exercised in it.

Ecc 3:11 He hath made every [thing] beautiful in his time: also he hath set the world in their heart, so that no man can find out the work that God maketh from the beginning to the end.

Ecc 3:12 ¶ I know that [there is] no good in them, but for [a man] to rejoice, and to do good in his life.

Ecc 3:13 And also that every man should eat and drink, and enjoy the good of all his labour, it [is] the gift of God.

Ecc 3:14 I know that, whatsoever God doeth, it shall be for ever: nothing can be put to it, nor any thing taken from it: and God doeth [it], that [men] should fear before him.

Ecc 3:15 That which hath been is now; and that which is to be hath already been; and God requireth that which is past.

Ecc 3:16 ¶ And moreover I saw under the sun the place of judgment, [that] wickedness [was] there; and the place of righteousness, [that] iniquity [was] there.

Ecc 3:17 I said in mine heart, God shall judge the righteous and the wicked: for [there is] a time there for every purpose and for every work.

Ecc 3:18 I said in mine heart concerning the estate of the sons of men, that God might manifest them, and that they might see that they themselves are beasts.

Ecc 3:19 For that which befalleth the sons of men befalleth beasts; even one thing befalleth them: as the one dieth, so dieth the other; yea, they have all one breath; so that a man hath no preeminence above a beast: for all [is] vanity.

Ecc 3:20 All go unto one place; all are of the dust, and all turn to dust again.

Ecc 3:21 Who knoweth the spirit of man that goeth upward, and the spirit of the beast that goeth downward to the earth?

Ecc 3:22 Wherefore I perceive that [there is] nothing better, than that a man should rejoice in his own works; for that [is] his portion: for who shall bring him to see what shall be after him?

Personal Disclosure: Do you mago... errh uhm ahhhh ... members understand?

edit on 4-8-2011 by OmegaLogos because: Edited to change utube link to one that works.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

Hey there, how is OL doing today? Taking his meds?
He maketh me to laugh, bros. His style is really something.
Making sense of it is the tricky part.
edit on 4-8-2011 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

That was a very very hilarious movie for the first half an hour or so

We are after all so called civilized mammals. We will react/defend or offend if needed. However the actions need justified to ourselves and to be able to comprehend.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Explanation: Its like what Yoda and Obi-Wan Kenobi told Luke about his dad! That Darth Vader was his DAD was a distraction and could have led to the death of that last Jedi! Luckily for lLuke skywalker that his DAD [Anikin] was around in some form to save him because that Emperor Palpatine was a nasty peice of work.

Was it the truth... as Obi-Wan and Yoda would say .. Yes! From a certain point of view?

Same with The Marines and or the US Airforce etc. They just want the distractions out of the enlisted personels headspace... so that they can get on with the MISSION [which in both the movie and real life was about KILLING the enemy
]!!!

So its not about God because apparently Gods playing their game and we're playing ours!

I was reading up on the OBL [Osama Bin Laden] 'assasination hit' and I found out that some of the devgru [SEAL team] crew who directly entered the compound and assaulted the residence ... were in a state of sensory deprivation DELIBERATELY .. i.e they had noise suppression HEADGEAR that silence everything except their own heartbeat .. so If a mate was blown up behind one and that person is screaming his leg was blown off etc, that they wouldn't hear it and would FOCUS on the mission ... because they had BACKUP in droves .. so casualties or collateral damage was not a consideration [at the time of the assault as everything was done up to that point as regards being very stealthy] and this is the sad by true facts of war .. Its the mission that MUST be completed ... regardless of costs ... because if were going to worry abouyt costs .. well that usually drives the opposition back to the bargaining table. The stealthy helicopter left broken and burned behind on the mission shows exactly what the USA was willing to loose to achiev those ends and they accounted for that and had backup/reserves etc.

The helicopters traversed Mohmand, one of Pakistan’s seven tribal areas, skirted the north of Peshawar, and continued due east. The commander of DEVGRU’s Red Squadron, whom I will call James, sat on the floor, squeezed among ten other SEALs, Ahmed, and Cairo. (The names of all the covert operators mentioned in this story have been changed.) James, a broad-chested man in his late thirties, does not have the lithe swimmer’s frame that one might expect of a SEAL—he is built more like a discus thrower. That night, he wore a shirt and trousers in Desert Digital Camouflage, and carried a silenced Sig Sauer P226 pistol, along with extra ammunition; a CamelBak, for hydration; and gel shots, for endurance. He held a short-barrel, silenced M4 rifle. (Others SEALs had chosen the Heckler & Koch MP7.) A “blowout kit,” for treating field trauma, was tucked into the small of James’s back. Stuffed into one of his pockets was a laminated gridded map of the compound. In another pocket was a booklet with photographs and physical descriptions of the people suspected of being inside. He wore a noise-cancelling headset, which blocked out nearly everything besides his heartbeat.

In the case of Thermo-nuclear war with ICBMs and SLBMs... they run drills often enough that its second nature regardless of what religion one is ..simply because of the constant drilling and not informing it was a drill till afterwards prepares the launch crews mindset ..and thats just it..its SET! And the full metal jacket vids I linked go to show that everything the Drill Sargeant did was to harden those recruits up in both mind and body so they could be set to do the task .. which was to have a hard heart and to kill the enemy by firing a trigger whether that be a trigger on a M-4 or a turning a key to launch Armageddon Direct from some silo somewhere.

Basically after bootcamp ... one should have very few questions to the CO's about things like "what has religion and or God to do with this?" ... because they go over most of that stuff at the bootcamp [which is a filtering mechanism] and if you passed bootcamp the I'm sure everybody who does that knows that the chaplains come and put on a song and dance magic spell show to DISPELL any fear that might be still lingering as doubt in the mind of the recruit.

Personal Disclosure: Please don't make me link and quote the bible where Jesus is talking about coming as a sword to divide etc, because Jesus definately had some mission he was on and he didn't let any potential casualties get in the way of it [even if that ment him being crucified] and I am very sure the bible talks about the WAR IN HEAVEN that happened... is happening... will happen!
The bible .. is a test!

And having some Guts [faith?] is enough as far as a CO [commanding officer] cares .. without the will to do it... there is no wherewithall!

Im very glad they have the will to change it [the chaplains bible thumping drum up some courage in the soldiers talk thingy] as fire and brimstone stuff is more likely to be meet in reality on the battle field and some Chaplains words are going to be soon forgotten and the Drill Sargeants Training will ring through loud and clear!

You will not kill ... You will be killed. God don't care either way since everybody apparently turns up on HIS doorstep eventually and God will get to us all then and there!

Ultimately this is not about religion..becuase if soldiesr wanted to get religious ... then they would of become a chaplain instead of a Nuke silo jockey!

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Not sure if anyone posted this but this is brand new on CNN;

The Air Force has suspended an ethics briefing for new missile launch officers after concerns were raised about the briefing's heavy focus on religion.

religion.blogs.cnn.com...
edit on 4-8-2011 by concernedcitizen519 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-8-2011 by concernedcitizen519 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Hmm, well it definitely goes against the new testament....the old testament approves of war and pillaging and all sorts of nasty things, so it's a toss up when referring to the bible for answers on this one....I choose the new testament though, don't think we should be turning our children into serial killers/mass murderers.......but, of course I don't believe in free will either so it must be written into the fabric of our existence.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join