It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Why do you follow a genocidal God?

page: 8
3
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
To reinforce the previous post:


PS 110:4 The LORD has sworn
and will not change his mind:
"You are a priest forever,
in the order of Melchizedek."




posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by XplanetX

Originally posted by bogomil
reply to post by XplanetX
 


You wrote:

["You are correct in saying that they are incompatible. That is why Paul makes the point that our faith is futile if Jesus has not been raised from the dead.

Your point?"]

My point is, that the 'prophecy-branch' of the christianites are trying to score 'points' on something which may or may not happen. In other words: "We make some guesses, which CERTAINLY are going to be true. So we are right already now".

From even a slightly rational position such is non-sense, no matter how smart the semantic wrappings are.



edit on 16-8-2011 by bogomil because: spelling



There are plenty of prophecies that have already been fulfilled without needing the ones yet to be fulfilled to 'score points' as you put it.


Just how self aggrandizing is this God of yours?

He is already guilty of setting the conditions for the murder of his own son for his own glory.
My hero. Not.

How can you follow such a murderer and fool?

Regards
DL



posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greatest I am

Originally posted by XplanetX

Originally posted by bogomil
reply to post by XplanetX
 


You wrote:

["You are correct in saying that they are incompatible. That is why Paul makes the point that our faith is futile if Jesus has not been raised from the dead.

Your point?"]

My point is, that the 'prophecy-branch' of the christianites are trying to score 'points' on something which may or may not happen. In other words: "We make some guesses, which CERTAINLY are going to be true. So we are right already now".

From even a slightly rational position such is non-sense, no matter how smart the semantic wrappings are.



edit on 16-8-2011 by bogomil because: spelling



There are plenty of prophecies that have already been fulfilled without needing the ones yet to be fulfilled to 'score points' as you put it.


Just how self aggrandizing is this God of yours?

He is already guilty of setting the conditions for the murder of his own son for his own glory.
My hero. Not.

How can you follow such a murderer and fool?

Regards
DL



In the grand scheme of things the vessel that we currently inhabit is only mortal..

For those of us that accept Christ as Lord and Saviour will be given imperishable bodies:


1CO 15:50 I declare to you, brothers, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable. Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed-- in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed. For the perishable must clothe itself with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality. When the perishable has been clothed with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality, then the saying that is written will come true: "Death has been swallowed up in victory."



posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by KJV1611
reply to post by Greatest I am
 


God is not nearly genocidal enough if you ask me. Countless millions more people deserve killing off but because of God's long suffering and mercy He lets them live. One day though the day of vengeance will come, just as my sig says ↓ Much more death is just around the corner OP...hope your on the right side of the battle!


I am. I do not hate near as much as you do.
You can tell a follower of a tyrant. You look like your God.
Satan will be pleased that you want God to continue to kill us.
Nice heart.

Regards
DL



posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by XplanetX

Originally posted by Greatest I am

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by Greatest I am
 


He is our creator, and we do not have the right to question why he does the things he does. A tool does not turn to its maker and ask "why have you made me, and why do you do what you do?".

.


I know that your beliefs are based on fantasy, miracles and magic but I have yet to see a tool speak.
Well, you perhaps, but I usually place natures greatest accomplishment above tool grade.

If a clay pot could talk though, it could justifiably ask the potter why it needs to be tortured forever in hell because the potter made it with a hole that leaks.

Regards
DL



God gave us free will and one command, "Don't eat from the tree of knowledge of Good and Evil".
Man's disobedience resulted in a broken vessel.
God has offered to plug the leaks but will you listen?


Sure free will that he threw his sissy fit on the moment A & E did their will and not the will of God.
Quite the free will that.

I will not listen to any God or man who would deny his children essential knowledge for life.
Your God wanted dumb cows instead of thinking people.

Regards
DL



posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Prezbo369

Originally posted by Greatest I am

Strange that a loving Christian like you would hate so much.



Not really...........

Didn't you just tell your 'brother' that hes going to be endlessly tortured by someone you love and worship?


No.
There is nothing I worship.

What does an absentee miracle working super God need with worship?

Regards
DL



posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by XplanetX

Originally posted by novastrike81
reply to post by XplanetX
 


You still seem to be eluding the fact that God anoints himself as High Priest, which is against his own rules. If God is breaking his own rules, then he must not be perfect by his own nature. Especially when he says his laws are eternal.

You still haven't shown scripture of prophecies that point to the fulfilment of Jesus being the true messiah after his second coming.

More Christian logic at it's best.



Show me in scripture where it is against his rules.

Regarding your second question, I think it's time that you did a little digging for yourself.

MT 7:7 "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.

I could easily reference the scripture to answer your question, however I have done enough perusing and referencing for you at this stage. Do a little of your own leg work.





Scripture is clear that God will correct only those he loves.
It is also clear that God will cause men to lie.

Some seekers will then find lies behind the door. God's own words.

Regards
DL



posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by XplanetX
To reinforce the previous post:


PS 110:4 The LORD has sworn
and will not change his mind:
"You are a priest forever,
in the order of Melchizedek."



Yet God does change his mind. Note A & E.
You may eat of the tree of life. Note, he changed his mind and locked it away.
Effectively murdering A & E.

Like a human parent letting their child die by holding back vital medicine.

Nice murdering God you follow.

Regards
DL



posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by XplanetX

Originally posted by Greatest I am

Originally posted by XplanetX

Originally posted by bogomil
reply to post by XplanetX
 


You wrote:

["You are correct in saying that they are incompatible. That is why Paul makes the point that our faith is futile if Jesus has not been raised from the dead.

Your point?"]

My point is, that the 'prophecy-branch' of the christianites are trying to score 'points' on something which may or may not happen. In other words: "We make some guesses, which CERTAINLY are going to be true. So we are right already now".

From even a slightly rational position such is non-sense, no matter how smart the semantic wrappings are.



edit on 16-8-2011 by bogomil because: spelling



There are plenty of prophecies that have already been fulfilled without needing the ones yet to be fulfilled to 'score points' as you put it.


Just how self aggrandizing is this God of yours?

He is already guilty of setting the conditions for the murder of his own son for his own glory.
My hero. Not.

How can you follow such a murderer and fool?

Regards
DL



In the grand scheme of things the vessel that we currently inhabit is only mortal..

For those of us that accept Christ as Lord and Saviour will be given imperishable bodies:


1CO 15:50 I declare to you, brothers, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable. Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed-- in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed. For the perishable must clothe itself with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality. When the perishable has been clothed with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality, then the saying that is written will come true: "Death has been swallowed up in victory."


I see. So you are driven to believe in a genocidal murderer who even murders his own son, and by a fear of death and a promise of good things.

How pathetic.

Regards
DL



posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Greatest I am

Originally posted by XplanetX

Originally posted by Greatest I am

Originally posted by XplanetX

Originally posted by bogomil
reply to post by XplanetX
 


You wrote:

["You are correct in saying that they are incompatible. That is why Paul makes the point that our faith is futile if Jesus has not been raised from the dead.

Your point?"]

My point is, that the 'prophecy-branch' of the christianites are trying to score 'points' on something which may or may not happen. In other words: "We make some guesses, which CERTAINLY are going to be true. So we are right already now".

From even a slightly rational position such is non-sense, no matter how smart the semantic wrappings are.



edit on 16-8-2011 by bogomil because: spelling



There are plenty of prophecies that have already been fulfilled without needing the ones yet to be fulfilled to 'score points' as you put it.


Just how self aggrandizing is this God of yours?

He is already guilty of setting the conditions for the murder of his own son for his own glory.
My hero. Not.

How can you follow such a murderer and fool?

Regards
DL



In the grand scheme of things the vessel that we currently inhabit is only mortal..

For those of us that accept Christ as Lord and Saviour will be given imperishable bodies:


1CO 15:50 I declare to you, brothers, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable. Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed-- in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed. For the perishable must clothe itself with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality. When the perishable has been clothed with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality, then the saying that is written will come true: "Death has been swallowed up in victory."


I see. So you are driven to believe in a genocidal murderer who even murders his own son, and by a fear of death and a promise of good things.

How pathetic.

Regards
DL



I do not fear death.



posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by XplanetX
 


Of course not. You have deluded yourself into being a chosen of God .
Your after death wish list shows your true thoughts.

I noticed you did not acknowledge that you follow a genocidal maniac who planned and executed the murder of his own son.

Good. That is undeniable.

Follow your tyrant God.

I will find a moral God and not an immoral fool.

Regards
DL



posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Greatest I am
 

. . .who even murders his own son. . .
I used to hold a couple opinions about the death of Jesus which I no longer do.
I am close to imagining something like a parody of God was going on.
Think of this saying, As above, so below.
Suppose a very powerful god-like being wanted to do exactly that, create on Earth a simulation of what is in Heaven, and a set of laws that are almost perfect duplicates of the true heavenly laws, but with a twist, in that no one could ever possibly comply with then, so condemning the whole world.
That God, who created himself out to be God just like the Most High God, had it in his heart to kill Jesus to prove his absolute stranglehold over all humanity. Even though Jesus was blameless and without sin, the fake god with his fake law condemned him and this false god proved his authority by killing Jesus anyway.
Jesus accepted his fate knowing he was a mortal man and subject to the whims of higher deity-type personalities. Jesus took his death and the righteous blood that demanded vengeance, to take it up to use as a weapon to eventually kill that false god.
I'm just saying this is another aspect of the death of Jesus which I had not considered in the past but now am, though I have not worked out every detail of this sort of explanation.
In the Old Testament we have this god-like person who advanced with a purpose to have a personal following for himself, and who left heaps of the dead in his wake. The New Testament tells us the true God followed those people who were this person's object of creating worshipers from, in order to take care of them to see that they were provided for and did not perish under this evil influence. The false god had been counting on that all along and took full advantage of it to aggrandize himself and to boast over, as if he had done it himself.
So we live every day, being led by this god of this world and all along, God follows us in a discrete fashion, not making boastful claims but only truly caring.



posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by XplanetX
 


You wrote:

["In the grand scheme of things the vessel that we currently inhabit is only mortal.."]

And the "grand scheme" is.....? Mysterious, ineffable?

And just for the record; parallel or similar claims are made by competing religions and can only end in positions of blind faith, which is OK until some sociopaths decide, that they want monopoly on the faith market. And short of arguments outside the usual Ouroboros-methodology ("....BECAUSE...."), violence is never far away.

The OT character called Jahveh even sanctioning it.



posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60
 


Quite the imagination.
Gods Gods everywhere.
Rather like a Gnostic take.

Regards
DL



posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
It is apparent that many of you live in fear.


1JN 4:13 We know that we live in him and he in us, because he has given us of his Spirit. And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent his Son to be the Savior of the world. If anyone acknowledges that Jesus is the Son of God, God lives in him and he in God. And so we know and rely on the love God has for us.
God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him. In this way, love is made complete among us so that we will have confidence on the day of judgment, because in this world we are like him. There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.



I will not be deceived through hollow philosophy:


COL 2:6 So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness.

COL 2:8 See to it that no one takes you captive through hollow and deceptive philosophy, which depends on human tradition and the basic principles of this world rather than on Christ.



It is strange that you view me as the captive, when the opposite is true:


2TI 2:22 Flee the evil desires of youth, and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, along with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart. Don't have anything to do with foolish and stupid arguments, because you know they produce quarrels. And the Lord's servant must not quarrel; instead, he must be kind to everyone, able to teach, not resentful. Those who oppose him he must gently instruct, in the hope that God will grant them repentance leading them to a knowledge of the truth, and that they will come to their senses and escape from the trap of the devil, who has taken them captive to do his will.



I do not say these things to condemn you, but I say them in the hope that you will come to your senses.



posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by XplanetX
 


You wrote:

["It is apparent that many of you live in fear."]

Where would we be without the good old pop-psychology analyses of non-theists?

Though somehow deflecting the above I can for one give testimony, that I don't sleep under my bed, and that my main worry in this life is, that somebody gets careless and leaves a person from the christian right alone with the big red button.

Quote: ["God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him. In this way, love is made complete among us so that we will have confidence on the day of judgment, because in this world we are like him. There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love."]

As a representative of 'pastafarians against circle-arguments' (TM), I would like to draw attention to this classical example: Many live in fear, because they don't live in 'god's love' so they must live in fear, so they need 'god's love, so they can stop living in fear.

Quote: ["I will not be deceived through hollow philosophy:"]

Clearly not. But neither will 'pastafarians against circle-arguments'.(TM)

Quote: ["I do not say these things to condemn you, but I say them in the hope that you will come to your senses."]

The premises of this whole sentence are debatable, and altogether best forgotten to keep the jolly atmosphere intact.



edit on 30-8-2011 by bogomil because: typo



posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by bogomil
 




I would be well pleased with a more 'Jolly' atmosphere in this thread.



posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by XplanetX
reply to post by bogomil
 




I would be well pleased with a more 'Jolly' atmosphere in this thread.


As I'm moderately mad myself, I'm used to comments of the kind you made in your recent post. But it surprises me, if you aren't aware of the effect of general comments on peoples' mental health/rational attitudes, if they don't follow the premises you have around your 'god'.

For many non-theists your 'god' is deranged and suggestions of using the standards set by/around him as a measure for "coming to your senses" are so outrageous and with an element of megalomania, that it without doubt will bleep off many people. It will definitely NOT bring jollicity a notch up, except for the witticisms sent your way as a result.
edit on 31-8-2011 by bogomil because: spelling



posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by bogomil

Originally posted by XplanetX
reply to post by bogomil
 




I would be well pleased with a more 'Jolly' atmosphere in this thread.


As I'm moderately mad myself, I'm used to comments of the kind you made in your recent post. But it surprises me, if you aren't aware of the effect of general comments on peoples' mental health/rational attitudes, if they don't follow the premises you have around your 'god'.

For many non-theists your 'god' is deranged and suggestions of using the standards set by/around him as a measure for "coming to your senses" are so outrageous and with an element of megalomania, that it without doubt will bleep off many people. It will definitely NOT bring jollicity a notch up, except for the witticisms sent your way as a result.
edit on 31-8-2011 by bogomil because: spelling




I am well aware of how people choose to react I am not at all surprised.


1PE 4:14 If you are insulted because of the name of Christ, you are blessed, for the Spirit of glory and of God rests on you.



I love everyone on this planet including you Bogomil, despite our obvious difference in opinion.


RO 12:14 Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse. Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn. Live in harmony with one another. Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position. Do not be conceited.


I am one of those of low position by the way.



posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by XplanetX

Originally posted by bogomil

Originally posted by XplanetX
reply to post by bogomil
 




I would be well pleased with a more 'Jolly' atmosphere in this thread.


As I'm moderately mad myself, I'm used to comments of the kind you made in your recent post. But it surprises me, if you aren't aware of the effect of general comments on peoples' mental health/rational attitudes, if they don't follow the premises you have around your 'god'.

For many non-theists your 'god' is deranged and suggestions of using the standards set by/around him as a measure for "coming to your senses" are so outrageous and with an element of megalomania, that it without doubt will bleep off many people. It will definitely NOT bring jollicity a notch up, except for the witticisms sent your way as a result.
edit on 31-8-2011 by bogomil because: spelling




I am well aware of how people choose to react I am not at all surprised.


1PE 4:14 If you are insulted because of the name of Christ, you are blessed, for the Spirit of glory and of God rests on you.



I love everyone on this planet including you Bogomil, despite our obvious difference in opinion.


RO 12:14 Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse. Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn. Live in harmony with one another. Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position. Do not be conceited.


I am one of those of low position by the way.


I'm afraid, the love isn't reciprocial. Scratch a bit on the over-demonstrative christian love-veneer and you'll find the pricetag. Scratch deeper and the will for dominance is there, and scratch it away the violence is out in the open.

But with a violent 'god' setting an example, it's not so strange.



new topics

top topics



 
3
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

log in

join