It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Why do you follow a genocidal God?

page: 6
3
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by XplanetX
 


As far as i've seen Bog is not defending his own beliefs... Actually he doesn't ever mix his beliefs in with these discussions. He (unlike most) simply uses standard logic to dispell many if not most of the illogical statements used by christians to "prove" their beliefs do in fact have holes in them.

And as far as i know, he doesn't even know the bible that well...

I think his posts are a breath of fresh air in the religious forums these days.





posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by bogomil
reply to post by XplanetX
 


You wrote:

["I replied to someone else"]

This is a PUBLIC forum.

Quote: ["Do you feel the need to defend someone because you believe they need you?"]

I just like being a busy-body.

Quote: ["Or are you defending them because you need to defend your beliefs in the same way a christian defends theirs?"]

This is a public DISCUSSION forum.







I understand that this is a public discussion forum but you posted as if you were speaking on their behalf.

I notice that the last question was deftly sidestepped.



posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by XplanetX

Originally posted by bogomil
reply to post by XplanetX
 


You wrote:

["I replied to someone else"]

This is a PUBLIC forum.

Quote: ["Do you feel the need to defend someone because you believe they need you?"]

I just like being a busy-body.

Quote: ["Or are you defending them because you need to defend your beliefs in the same way a christian defends theirs?"]

This is a public DISCUSSION forum.







I understand that this is a public discussion forum but you posted as if you were speaking on their behalf.

I notice that the last question was deftly sidestepped.



Let's see.

We came from the topic-relevant subject of 'authority' as it is manifested in OT and amongst some bible-adherers. Can we continue from there, or do we need to discuss my character and forum rules until a moderator steps in and destroys the fun?

PS I'm a deft sidestepper, which you need to be in the presence of self-proclaimed authority.



posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by bogomil

Originally posted by XplanetX

Originally posted by bogomil
reply to post by XplanetX
 


You wrote:

["I replied to someone else"]

This is a PUBLIC forum.

Quote: ["Do you feel the need to defend someone because you believe they need you?"]

I just like being a busy-body.

Quote: ["Or are you defending them because you need to defend your beliefs in the same way a christian defends theirs?"]

This is a public DISCUSSION forum.







I understand that this is a public discussion forum but you posted as if you were speaking on their behalf.

I notice that the last question was deftly sidestepped.



Let's see.

We came from the topic-relevant subject of 'authority' as it is manifested in OT and amongst some bible-adherers. Can we continue from there, or do we need to discuss my character and forum rules until a moderator steps in and destroys the fun?

PS I'm a deft sidestepper, which you need to be in the presence of self-proclaimed authority.




You are your own authority just as I am.

The difference between you and I: I believe Jesus is a greater authority than myself.

Stop blowing the trumpet of 'Self proclaimed authority', it's getting way too old.
edit on 15-8-2011 by XplanetX because: typo



posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by XplanetX
 


Maybe you could explain what makes Jesus the Authority you speak of?

Try doing it without saying "well hes the son of God" ... That explains nothing.




posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by XplanetX
 


Maybe you could explain what makes Jesus the Authority you speak of?

Try doing it without saying "well hes the son of God" ... That explains nothing.




I could give you a very long winded answer but that would take me too long.

I will give you a simplified answer and if you are genuinely interested in checking this out for yourself then I highly reccomend that you waste no time doing it.

The dead sea scrolls found between 1947 and 1956 have an estimated age of 2100 years. Dating more than 130 years before the death of Jesus. They also match the modern day OT ancient Hebrew texts letter for letter, word for word. There are more than 100 prophecies within these scriptures that describe the messiah (Jesus) with stunning accuracy.

Don't take my word for it, check it out yourself.
edit on 15-8-2011 by XplanetX because: typo



posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by XplanetX

Originally posted by bogomil

Originally posted by XplanetX

Originally posted by bogomil
reply to post by XplanetX
 


You wrote:

["I replied to someone else"]

This is a PUBLIC forum.

Quote: ["Do you feel the need to defend someone because you believe they need you?"]

I just like being a busy-body.

Quote: ["Or are you defending them because you need to defend your beliefs in the same way a christian defends theirs?"]

This is a public DISCUSSION forum.







I understand that this is a public discussion forum but you posted as if you were speaking on their behalf.

I notice that the last question was deftly sidestepped.



Let's see.

We came from the topic-relevant subject of 'authority' as it is manifested in OT and amongst some bible-adherers. Can we continue from there, or do we need to discuss my character and forum rules until a moderator steps in and destroys the fun?

PS I'm a deft sidestepper, which you need to be in the presence of self-proclaimed authority.




You are your own authority just as I am.

The difference between you and I: I believe Jesus is a greater authority than myself.

Stop blowing the trumpet of 'Self proclaimed authority', it's getting way too old.
edit on 15-8-2011 by XplanetX because: typo


And if everybody is his/her own authority, from where does such categorical statements come, as in this quote:

["God gave us free will and one command, "Don't eat from the tree of knowledge of Good and Evil".
Man's disobedience resulted in a broken vessel.
God has offered to plug the leaks but will you listen?"]

It appears to be a general, indisputable 'truth'.

"Us"...."man's" (=mankind's?)......"will you listen" is a one-size-fits-all inclusiveness into your mould.

I regret to say, that I'll stop drawing attention to self-proclaimed authority, the day is isn't used anymore. Not earlier. This will probably be around the same time as people stop following genocidal 'gods'.



posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by XplanetX
 


What are the requirements to be the messiah you claim Jesus was? I only ask because most claim Jesus was the prophecized messiah without knowing what he didn't do to fulfill the prophecies while he was alive.



posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by bogomil

Originally posted by XplanetX

Originally posted by bogomil

Originally posted by XplanetX

Originally posted by bogomil
reply to post by XplanetX
 


You wrote:

["I replied to someone else"]

This is a PUBLIC forum.

Quote: ["Do you feel the need to defend someone because you believe they need you?"]

I just like being a busy-body.

Quote: ["Or are you defending them because you need to defend your beliefs in the same way a christian defends theirs?"]

This is a public DISCUSSION forum.







I understand that this is a public discussion forum but you posted as if you were speaking on their behalf.

I notice that the last question was deftly sidestepped.



Let's see.

We came from the topic-relevant subject of 'authority' as it is manifested in OT and amongst some bible-adherers. Can we continue from there, or do we need to discuss my character and forum rules until a moderator steps in and destroys the fun?

PS I'm a deft sidestepper, which you need to be in the presence of self-proclaimed authority.




You are your own authority just as I am.

The difference between you and I: I believe Jesus is a greater authority than myself.

Stop blowing the trumpet of 'Self proclaimed authority', it's getting way too old.
edit on 15-8-2011 by XplanetX because: typo


And if everybody is his/her own authority, from where does such categorical statements come, as in this quote:

["God gave us free will and one command, "Don't eat from the tree of knowledge of Good and Evil".
Man's disobedience resulted in a broken vessel.
God has offered to plug the leaks but will you listen?"]

It appears to be a general, indisputable 'truth'.

"Us"...."man's" (=mankind's?)......"will you listen" is a one-size-fits-all inclusiveness into your mould.

I regret to say, that I'll stop drawing attention to self-proclaimed authority, the day is isn't used anymore. Not earlier. This will probably be around the same time as people stop following genocidal 'gods'.



I believe Jesus has greater authority than myself. This is my opinion and belief.

You believe otherwise and that is your opinion and belief.



posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by novastrike81
reply to post by XplanetX
 


What are the requirements to be the messiah you claim Jesus was? I only ask because most claim Jesus was the prophecized messiah without knowing what he didn't do to fulfill the prophecies while he was alive.



As I have already suggested to a previous poster, if you are genuinely interested in the answer to your question then you will find the requirements for the messiah in the old testament scriptures (vetted by the dead sea scrolls). These requirements (prophecies) are all fulfilled in the new testament scriptures.

There are more than 100 prophecies concerning Jesus in the OT, too many to list here.


AC 17:11 Now the Bereans were of more noble character than the Thessalonians, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true. Many of the Jews believed, as did also a number of prominent Greek women and many Greek men.



posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by XplanetX
 


I'm familiar with the scriptures and they are all quite vague or refer to something that isn't Jesus. Like the prophecy in Isaiah 52 isn't about Jesus but about Israel. Christians jump through hoops to make that be about Jesus.

So, a few questions then:

1) When was Jesus anointed by a high priest or prophet to be King?

2) When did Jesus sit on the throne of David? His second coming does not count as this was meant to be during his lifetime to qualify as Messiah.

3) When did Jesus lead his people in to great compliance with the law?

4) When did Jesus gather the exiles and rule the nations? Again while he was alive as that was when the prophecy was aimed for.



posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by XplanetX

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by XplanetX
 


Maybe you could explain what makes Jesus the Authority you speak of?

Try doing it without saying "well hes the son of God" ... That explains nothing.




I could give you a very long winded answer but that would take me too long.

I will give you a simplified answer and if you are genuinely interested in checking this out for yourself then I highly reccomend that you waste no time doing it.

The dead sea scrolls found between 1947 and 1956 have an estimated age of 2100 years. Dating more than 130 years before the death of Jesus. They also match the modern day OT ancient Hebrew texts letter for letter, word for word. There are more than 100 prophecies within these scriptures that describe the messiah (Jesus) with stunning accuracy.

Don't take my word for it, check it out yourself.
edit on 15-8-2011 by XplanetX because: typo


I've read many translations of the dead sea scrolls... I've also read many many many old scriptures and texts... This is beside the point...

Im looking for "your" answer...




posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Originally posted by XplanetX

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by XplanetX
 


Maybe you could explain what makes Jesus the Authority you speak of?

Try doing it without saying "well hes the son of God" ... That explains nothing.




I could give you a very long winded answer but that would take me too long.

I will give you a simplified answer and if you are genuinely interested in checking this out for yourself then I highly reccomend that you waste no time doing it.

The dead sea scrolls found between 1947 and 1956 have an estimated age of 2100 years. Dating more than 130 years before the death of Jesus. They also match the modern day OT ancient Hebrew texts letter for letter, word for word. There are more than 100 prophecies within these scriptures that describe the messiah (Jesus) with stunning accuracy.

Don't take my word for it, check it out yourself.
edit on 15-8-2011 by XplanetX because: typo


I've read many translations of the dead sea scrolls... I've also read many many many old scriptures and texts... This is beside the point...

Im looking for "your" answer...





Hmmmmm...

I thought I just gave you my answer?

I will delve a little deeper.

I believe the scriptures are the truth as they describe the messiah who was to come (the dead sea scrolls authenticate the old testament and thus validate the new testament as Jesus fulfilled these scriptures) . I believe he is my Lord and saviour, the only one who is able to redeem me from my sins. I recognise that I am an extremely flawed individual, I often repeat the same mistakes over and over again. I am a happily married man with three children and despite this I still struggle with pornography. I love the internet but at times it can be a double edged sword.

I have been searching for answers since I was very young and the search became a little more frantic when I suffered abduction attempts by aliens when I was a teenager. On an emotional level, I was extremely moved in my spirit and in my heart when I first read the sermon on the mount (Chapters 5 through 7 in the gospel according to Matthew). That passage of scripture spoke to me on so many levels, Jesus cut right through me.


A little sample:

MT 5:38 "You have heard that it was said, `Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.' But I tell you, Do not resist an evil person. If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also. And if someone wants to sue you and take your tunic, let him have your cloak as well. If someone forces you to go one mile, go with him two miles. Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you.

MT 5:43 "You have heard that it was said, `Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? And if you greet only your brothers, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

MT 6:1 "Be careful not to do your `acts of righteousness' before men, to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.

MT 6:2 "So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full. But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.



posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by novastrike81
reply to post by XplanetX
 


I'm familiar with the scriptures and they are all quite vague or refer to something that isn't Jesus. Like the prophecy in Isaiah 52 isn't about Jesus but about Israel. Christians jump through hoops to make that be about Jesus.

So, a few questions then:

1) When was Jesus anointed by a high priest or prophet to be King?

2) When did Jesus sit on the throne of David? His second coming does not count as this was meant to be during his lifetime to qualify as Messiah.

3) When did Jesus lead his people in to great compliance with the law?

4) When did Jesus gather the exiles and rule the nations? Again while he was alive as that was when the prophecy was aimed for.



1) There is no priest higher than God, God anointed Jesus to be King of Kings and Lord of Lords.

2, 3,&4) These all refer to future events when Jesus returns as King of Kings and Lord of Lords to rule all the nations. Until that time comes, Satan remains the prince of this world.


JN 14:29 "I have told you now before it happens, so that when it does happen you will believe. I will not speak with you much longer, for the prince of this world is coming. He has no hold on me, but the world must learn that I love the Father and that I do exactly what my Father has commanded me."

JN 16:5 "Now I am going to him who sent me, yet none of you asks me, `Where are you going?' Because I have said these things, you are filled with grief. But I tell you the truth: It is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Counselor will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you. When he comes, he will convict the world of guilt in regard to sin and righteousness and judgment: in regard to sin, because men do not believe in me; in regard to righteousness, because I am going to the Father, where you can see me no longer; and in regard to judgment, because the prince of this world now stands condemned.


Jesus is Prophet, Priest and King. He walked as a prophet and a priest on the earth some 2000 years ago and when he returns, he will return as a mighty King.

REV 19:11 I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True. With justice he judges and makes war. His eyes are like blazing fire, and on his head are many crowns. He has a name written on him that no one knows but he himself. He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God. The armies of heaven were following him, riding on white horses and dressed in fine linen, white and clean. Out of his mouth comes a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations. "He will rule them with an iron scepter." He treads the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God Almighty. On his robe and on his thigh he has this name written:

KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS.

edit on 15-8-2011 by XplanetX because: typo



posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by XplanetX
 


What if Jesus doesn't return?




posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by XplanetX
 


What if Jesus doesn't return?




Then:

1CO 15:12 But if it is preached that Christ has been raised from the dead, how can some of you say that there is no resurrection of the dead? If there is no resurrection of the dead, then not even Christ has been raised. And if Christ has not been raised, our preaching is useless and so is your faith. More than that, we are then found to be false witnesses about God, for we have testified about God that he raised Christ from the dead. But he did not raise him if in fact the dead are not raised. For if the dead are not raised, then Christ has not been raised either. And if Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile; you are still in your sins. Then those also who have fallen asleep in Christ are lost. If only for this life we have hope in Christ, we are to be pitied more than all men.



posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by XplanetX
 


So, you're saying he Must return... or everyone who believe's in Jesus is wasting their time?

Do you think its possible that he won't return, yet his message is still true?

Personally i don't buy into this "free ticket" ideal, but to each his own. Realize people have been waiting for him to return for hundreds of years.

Why not wait a little longer eh




posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by XplanetX
 


So, you're saying he Must return... or everyone who believe's in Jesus is wasting their time?

Do you think its possible that he won't return, yet his message is still true?

Personally i don't buy into this "free ticket" ideal, but to each his own. Realize people have been waiting for him to return for hundreds of years.

Why not wait a little longer eh




For him to be true, the whole message needs to be true. This includes his promise to return.

Free ticket?



posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by XplanetX
 


would you mind showing me where he said that?

Free ticket as in saying " i believe", but im not sure why, or what else is required.

Im not saying this is you....btw


edit on 15-8-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by XplanetX
 


would you mind showing me where he said that?

Free ticket as in saying " i believe", but im not sure why, or what else is required.

Im not saying this is you....btw


edit on 15-8-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)




1PE 2:22 "He committed no sin,
and no deceit was found in his mouth."



MK 14:60 Then the high priest stood up before them and asked Jesus, "Are you not going to answer? What is this testimony that these men are bringing against you?" But Jesus remained silent and gave no answer.
Again the high priest asked him, "Are you the Christ, the Son of the Blessed One?"

MK 14:62 "I am," said Jesus. "And you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Mighty One and coming on the clouds of heaven."



MT 24:29 "Immediately after the distress of those days

" `the sun will be darkened,
and the moon will not give its light;
the stars will fall from the sky,
and the heavenly bodies will be shaken.'

MT 24:30 "At that time the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and all the nations of the earth will mourn. They will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky, with power and great glory. And he will send his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other.




top topics



 
3
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

log in

join