It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Why do you follow a genocidal God?

page: 5
3
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by XplanetX
 


You wrote:

["I disagree.

The topic is "Why do you follow a genocidal God?"

This question is obviously directed at christians and jews who believe the bible to be true and follow God.

I have answered this question using the bible as the foundation for the answer.

If you wish to start a new topic where there is a common basis, go right ahead."]

It may have escaped your attention, but there are several 'god' interpretations even amongst christians, bible-relating individuals, the Jesus-movement, NT as opposed to OT etc. This is once more an effort to direct the thread to be conducted on your self-proclaimed premises.

Examplified.....

Quote: ["I have answered this question using the bible as the foundation for the answer"]

You have used YOUR bible-interpretation. Back to square one, self-proclaimed authority.




posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by XplanetX
You must realise that you are referring to the God described in the bible? Or do you deliberately ignore that?


I smell a troll. Yes, I'm referring to the god of the bible. All we're asking is for your personal reason why you choose to follow him. We are NOT asking for your self-proclaimed authority and bible quotes.

You're making this harder than it needs to be.
edit on 10-8-2011 by novastrike81 because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by XplanetX

Originally posted by jmdewey60

Originally posted by XplanetX

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by XplanetX
 

Saint Jude certainly believed that the Book of Enoch was scripture as he reference's a passage from the book of Enoch in his letter.
How do you know that there wasn't another document that they both quoted or borrowed from? That sort of thing happened all the time. There was hardly anything original.

The dead sea scrolls prove otherwise.
And how is that?

Due to their age (through carbon dating) and consistency with all modern day scripture.
But don't take my word for it, check it out for yourself.
A consistency of writing style?
So, the same school of scribes wrote out a bunch of different documents? So?
Quoting from a book, a single line, does not endorse the whole book as being authoritative for founding a religion on.



posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by novastrike81

Originally posted by XplanetX
You must realise that you are referring to the God described in the bible? Or do you deliberately ignore that?


I smell a troll. Yes, I'm referring to the god of the bible. All we're asking is for your personal reason why you choose to follow him. We are NOT asking for your self-proclaimed authority and bible quotes.

You're making this harder than it needs to be.
edit on 10-8-2011 by novastrike81 because: (no reason given)



I follow the the God described in the bible as I believe that Jesus speaks the truth.

The bible is either:

A collection of myths
An exaggeration of certain events
The truth

I believe it is the latter.

I am no troll, I think that you are upset with my simplistic answers.



posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

Originally posted by XplanetX

Originally posted by jmdewey60

Originally posted by XplanetX

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by XplanetX
 

Saint Jude certainly believed that the Book of Enoch was scripture as he reference's a passage from the book of Enoch in his letter.
How do you know that there wasn't another document that they both quoted or borrowed from? That sort of thing happened all the time. There was hardly anything original.

The dead sea scrolls prove otherwise.
And how is that?

Due to their age (through carbon dating) and consistency with all modern day scripture.
But don't take my word for it, check it out for yourself.
A consistency of writing style?
So, the same school of scribes wrote out a bunch of different documents? So?
Quoting from a book, a single line, does not endorse the whole book as being authoritative for founding a religion on.



The consistency I am referring to, is the exact representation of the ancient Greek and ancient Hebrew writings, letter for letter, word for word.



posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by XplanetX
 

The consistency I am referring to, is the exact representation of the ancient Greek and ancient Hebrew writings, letter for letter, word for word.
That's not even a complete sentence.



posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Greatest I am
 


He is our creator, and we do not have the right to question why he does the things he does. A tool does not turn to its maker and ask "why have you made me, and why do you do what you do?".

He is known by those whom he chooses to reveal himself to, he is not unknowable, but He makes Himself known to a select few, those who love Him and will be His Prophets and servants. He knows no immorality, and to say he is immoral is blasphemy, he said "I create life, and bring destruction".

Yeshua Christ was God in the flesh, whom preached to love your enemies as well as your neighbors, to "let him amoung you who has no sin, cast the first stone" He alone was the only one that could save mankind from damnation and a life of hopelessness. He died on the cross his own people nailed him to, and rose on the third day, he took the keys of death from Satan and freed the believers who died before he was born into this world from Abrahams Bosom. He bore mankinds sins on that cross, became the sin offering for us, because only He could take sin onto himself and purge himself clean and restore our link to God the Father.



posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000
 

He bore mankinds sins on that cross, became the sin offering for us, because only He could take sin onto himself and purge himself clean and restore our link to God the Father.
Jesus did not become a sin offering.
Jesus took the judgement that said we had no part in God's reward, and killed that proclamation.
Jesus never became sinful in order to ever need be purged.
Our link is what we need to create, by way of the righteousness of Jesus, who is worthy to abide with God, we in the manner of being so highly represented, are allowed to share in the same spirit from God that he had.
We then can make ourselves worthy to truly abide with God, and not just by proxy.

edit on 10-8-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
He bore mankinds sins on that cross, became the sin offering for us, because only He could take sin onto himself and purge himself clean and restore our link to God the Father.


Jesus was not a sin sacrifice, only animal sacrifices were allowed. If Jesus was really God, then he would know that sacrificing himself would have broken one of his own laws.


Unless you can somehow validate this thru Levitical law.



posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000
 


You wrote:

["He is our creator, and we do not have the right to question why he does the things he does."]

This constant returning to self-proclaimed authority doesn't become more valid through repetition.

These are YOUR premises and yours to follow. Many of us have some unprintable opinions of your premises, which politely can be expressed as: "We don't give a bleep for them".

You can continue what's basically preaching, or you can try to communicate on equal terms with common reference-points outside your ideological bubble (I have elsewhere defined 'bubble' as not necessarily an offensive expression. Just in case).

You don't really want to get to the level of spaghetti monster or napkin'ism debate, do you?



posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
logic fail

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by Greatest I am
 


He is our creator, and we do not have the right to question why he does the things he does. A tool does not turn to its maker and ask "why have you made me, and why do you do what you do?".



I thought I was a rock solid part of christian dogma that man has free will and is self aware (or that bit in the bible with the talking snake/magic knowledge fruit thing makes no sense)

free will and being self aware are not quality’s found in tools - or are you saying bible god didn't know that?

you do realise if we do it your way then bible god would be indistinguishable from a small boy playing with toy soldiers and nothing more



posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by racasan
 


You wrote:

["I thought I was a rock solid part of christian dogma that man has free will and is self aware (or that bit in the bible with the talking snake/magic knowledge fruit thing makes no sense)"]

It changes according to what's most convenient in the present situation. 'Angels' are also victims of such ideological 'free will' fluctuations.



posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by bogomil
 


Yes I was laughing when I wrote that bit

Rock solid (depending on what day of the week and which way the wind is blowing)



posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by KJV1611
reply to post by Greatest I am
 


God is not nearly genocidal enough if you ask me. Countless millions more people deserve killing off but because of God's long suffering and mercy He lets them live. One day though the day of vengeance will come, just as my sig says ↓ Much more death is just around the corner OP...hope your on the right side of the battle!


Absolutely.
Trust that unlike you, I will not he clicking my heels and giving a heart felt Heil.

I see that you are not cut from the same cloth as Jesus. I cannot see him waiting with such anticipation to murder those he loves. Strange that a loving Christian like you would hate so much.

As he is shown to do in the past, you wait for him to kill when he can just as easily cure.
Go to the moral low ground with him. Ready yourself for the flames of hell, hater.

Regards
DL



posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by Greatest I am
 


He is our creator, and we do not have the right to question why he does the things he does. A tool does not turn to its maker and ask "why have you made me, and why do you do what you do?".

.


I know that your beliefs are based on fantasy, miracles and magic but I have yet to see a tool speak.
Well, you perhaps, but I usually place natures greatest accomplishment above tool grade.

If a clay pot could talk though, it could justifiably ask the potter why it needs to be tortured forever in hell because the potter made it with a hole that leaks.

Regards
DL



posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greatest I am

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by Greatest I am
 


He is our creator, and we do not have the right to question why he does the things he does. A tool does not turn to its maker and ask "why have you made me, and why do you do what you do?".

.


I know that your beliefs are based on fantasy, miracles and magic but I have yet to see a tool speak.
Well, you perhaps, but I usually place natures greatest accomplishment above tool grade.

If a clay pot could talk though, it could justifiably ask the potter why it needs to be tortured forever in hell because the potter made it with a hole that leaks.

Regards
DL



God gave us free will and one command, "Don't eat from the tree of knowledge of Good and Evil".
Man's disobedience resulted in a broken vessel.
God has offered to plug the leaks but will you listen?



posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greatest I am

Strange that a loving Christian like you would hate so much.



Not really...........

Didn't you just tell your 'brother' that hes going to be endlessly tortured by someone you love and worship?



posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by XplanetX
 


You wrote:

["Man's disobedience resulted in a broken vessel."]

And once more, as you seem to carry a singleminded direction, disregarding any counter-arguments, this is about AUTHORITY.

Quote: ["God has offered to plug the leaks but will you listen?"]

YOU follow YOUR direction. Leave it to the rest of us finding/following ours.



posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by bogomil
reply to post by XplanetX
 


You wrote:

["Man's disobedience resulted in a broken vessel."]

And once more, as you seem to carry a singleminded direction, disregarding any counter-arguments, this is about AUTHORITY.

Quote: ["God has offered to plug the leaks but will you listen?"]

YOU follow YOUR direction. Leave it to the rest of us finding/following ours.






I replied to someone else.

Do you feel the need to defend someone because you believe they need you? Or are you defending them because you need to defend your beliefs in the same way a christian defends theirs?



posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by XplanetX
 


You wrote:

["I replied to someone else"]

This is a PUBLIC forum.

Quote: ["Do you feel the need to defend someone because you believe they need you?"]

I just like being a busy-body.

Quote: ["Or are you defending them because you need to defend your beliefs in the same way a christian defends theirs?"]

This is a public DISCUSSION forum.




top topics



 
3
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

log in

join