It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what was the last original song/band that you remember?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by xM0J0xJ0J0x
Animals As Leaders

This is a purely instrumental band consisting of 2 8-string guitar players and a drummer. The lead guitar player Tosin Abasi is the next Jimi Hendrix in my opinion, honestly he has nothing on this guy. If this music doesn't excite you then your intelligence and appreciation for music must not be an adequate level. If only i knew how to post a video... but seriously check it out.

Tosin Abasi truly is something.

Personally, I still think there are many (from what I've heard) original groups out there. But every musician has an influence and as time moves forward, it becomes more difficult to create something original. Those that continue to be original in modern times are what will influence future musicians. Some groups that I'm currently into: Radiohead, The Mars Volta, Opeth, Porcupine Tree, Dream Theater, Riverside and An Endless Sporadic.

The Mars Volta is a very unique band and have put out some psycho melodies and odd time signatures. The vocals tend to be consistently high, but they are suited to this style of music.

And why not throw in some progressive death metal; Opeth.

I'll also include Ewan Dobson - exceptional acoustic guitarist. Very original.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by schitzoandro

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Well, it is largely an issue of personal perspective but I think you just need to know where to look.. Also keeping in mind that nothing is ever truly original.. it had to be inspired from some existing project or piece of work.

Don't know where you're based but here in Australia we have a particularly great alternative radio station Triple J which plays a lot of fantastic (as well as sh!t) music, of all genres.

For example, some of the stuff I'm listening to at the moment includes:
Architecture in Helsinki
Bag Raiders
Art Vs. Science
End of Fashion
Silversun Pickups
The Bedroom Philosopher
Foster the People
Pnau
The Holidays
Best Coast
The Boat People
Neon Indian
Boy and Bear
Oh Mercy
Young the Giant
Tame Impala

The list could go on.

I actually believe that there is some amazing music out on the market at the moment, particularly what is coming out of Australia...

edit on 4/8/11 by pretty_vacant because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by HenryTwoTimes

yes, ween is awesome, baby b@#ch is my favorite song by them, closely followed by buenas tardes amigo, again, nice to bring this band back to my attention, appreciate that! i have their albums pure guava and chocolate and cheesecake, very much enjoyed them... push the little daisies and make em come up

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join