It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MasterCard profit jumps 33 percent

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by haarvik

As for a mortgage, why should I have to repay double what is borrowed? It amounts to legal loan sharking. I have a mortgage because I have to. But I do pay extra on principal so I can limit how much they are bleeding from me. If you really want to bring the financial system to it's knees, every US citizen should file for bankruptcy on the same day. Completely wipe out all debt. Now we the people would be in charge, not them!

That's what I've been saying for some time now (to those who will listen to my opinion about the mess of the fiat currency system). SO NICE to see someone else agrees with the idea!!

Wipe out all debt, and start over. Everyone with the same amount of money, and begin again from a level playing field. It's really nothing more than a game of Monopoly anyway. Being played in the same room as a game of Risk.

I'ma have to go and read all your posts, and def going to friend you!
--WT

@GeorgiaGirl

Sigh. My turn to sigh. Apparently the system works just fine for you. Lucky, lucky you.

I wholeheartedly agree with the concept that banks are loan sharks. And you have not really addressed the gamblers on Wall Street and the "fake" wealth that is called a "bottom line". It's all a bunch of IOUs. Freely ignored when things get bad. "Woops! Yeah, I thought Milton's peach crop would be bigger this year. Thanks for paying for the fertilizer, but, um, dang it you know what? No peaches for you. But here's the stem of the one I ate! Bwahaaaaahahaha!! Oh, you'd like the pit? Sorry, but I've already planted it. Where, you ask? Don't recall. But it was mine anyway. So, I'll give you a call when I need some fertilizer. See ya!"

You do understand how it works, right? It's not real. It's imaginary. It's mathematics, it's not actual physical wealth (unless it gets spent on jets and yachts and small islands and jewels and mansions, obtained with loans, which make the bankers have bigger numbers on the "bottom line" too.) They're in bed with each other, dear.

Yes, I think I should pay back the money that was fronted to me for my house. But FIVE TIMES the amount? What? How about I'll pay back the amount. Period.

edit on 6-8-2011 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by GeorgiaGirl

Either the whole system is going to come crashing down, or it's not. However, it's not because the banks and credit card companies are making a profit that we are in trouble. No, we are in trouble because our country is on a wild spending spree that we can't afford.

Right!

And what does one do when one can't afford the lifestyle they'd like? They BORROW MONEY. And the banks and credit card companies MAKE A PROFIT. I'm sorry, but your message is mixed. The banks (who ARE the credit card companies) DID come crashing down, remember? And they got bailed out. Remember that? Is anyone going to bail me out if my household comes crashing down? Oh, no. Nonono. Instead they'll take everything I have (or they'll try).

Perhaps China should call in its notes right now, the way the banks do -- "if you don't pay the payments on time, we reserve the right to demand the whole amount immediately". S&P knocked the USA credit rating down?
Good!

Businesses that fail should be allowed to fail. Period.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by GeorgiaGirl

You miss my point entirely. When a business accepts CC, they have to recover the fees these companies charge, hence higher prices. You feel wonderful that you got something for "free" when in all actuality, you helped pay for it as well as the business you bought from. As for the mortgage, my point was having to repay more than double what was borrowed. If they did this on cars, no one would be able to afford one. That's how they keep you a slave to the system. You do also understand that a financial and government system like we have is designed to keep the common man in debt so he continues to have to work so tax revenue can continue to flow in, right? Why do you think government backed loans are 30 year mortgages? Now they are even talking about (may have already done it) 40 year mortgages.

My point about bankruptcy was to address those that want our financial system to crash so we can get rid of the fed and the banker elite. After all, if you have an enemy, you do what you have to to bring them to they're knees and beat them.

<< 1  2   >>

join