It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC News: Disc shaped craft is spotted circling near Stansted!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by meathed

Hey believe it or not there are still people on this planet who do not have a cell/mobile phone. Others who have old phones that do not take pictures. ( me
).

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr. Strange
Are we still arguing about whether or not aliens exist? God damn that was so 2005, err 2003, err 2001, err SINCE THE BEGINNING OF THE INTERNET.

Wow. Relax. Nobody's arguing about anything. The OP was simply providing another example of a flying object that has yet to be identified.

I personally believe that undeniably aliens exist. Yes the government knows about it (refer to the hottel files recently released by the CIA). There has been proof all around us starting with ancient sculptures and paintings. Yes people still see them from time to time, and yes occasionally a newspaper picks up the story as a fluff piece.

Your personal belief has been taken into consideration. Just remember, that's all it is. The hottel files have been talked over several times on this website, and honestly are not relevant to this post. As far as "proof?" Absolutely not. If we had "proof," this post wouldn't exist in it's current connotation.

If put the link here to just spread the word about the article that's cool, but if you are hoping that you will change any minds, trust me you won't. The people that believe will always believe and the people that don't won't.

And there lies the problem. The people who "believe," already have their minds set. The people who don't believe are awaiting that same proof you tried to falsely identify earlier, yet it doesn't exist.

Be prepared to encounter these people as you will soon see they will flood this thread with their own personal opinions about how there was a training exercise near there or clearly it was a new aircraft. Better yet they will call the reporter a drunk or say he is unreliable.

Be "prepared?" What does that mean? "Flood the thread with personal opinions?" Like you just did? You act as if people who do not "believe" have some sort of malicious intent. They're just simply searching for evidence. I would almost suggest that they prepare for posts like yours, where people aimlessly bash "non-believers," without a shred of valuable information.

Haters gonna hate.

No hatred, just honesty. I'll gladly admit that I have no idea what goes on in our skies. I wish more people would be willing to do the same. However, chasing blurry information will never get us any further. Running around claiming you have "proof" of something you obviously do not have isn't helping your case either.

Cheers,
Strype
edit on 4-8-2011 by Strype because: Sp

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Johnze
Someone OBVIOUSLY tied 10,000 chinese lanterns together.

Makes sense.

he clearly said disc shaped. It was not your classic light in the sky as it had a visible shape other than that of a glowing ball.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by kindred

Interesting.
Are there photos of any of these craft available yet? That would explain this.

I do however think it's possible there are off world vehicles up there too.
Where do you think the idea of a circular craft came from in the first place???

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by OwenGP185

I don't know how much of a risk something like this is today. People are open to the idea and are willing to debate the issue. His position, in radio, an entertainment field, would not be as risky as say a school teacher or the Mayor saying this, but even those people don't run the risk that used to prevail on this subject. People in general are more open minded to new ideas these days. What was once lunatic fringe is now fashionable. ( the fringe just moved even further out, like near nibiru
)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
the guy who runs ATs should host a march. all ATs members shall march on secret bases and free the aliens. They can shoot a thousand of us but they can't arrest all 10 thousand or whoever turns up.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrKipling

Originally posted by SKUNK2

I think if I saw this at the same angle hovering over a field I'd be convinced it was something extra terrestrial myself...
Yes but if you used logic you would understand that this would be extremely loud and easily identified as a craft powered by a jet engine...

What if I was driving in a car quite some distance away and unable to hear the sound?

You probably wouldn't notice it then, since it's not too big of a UAV.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   

I think if I saw this at the same angle hovering over a field I'd be convinced it was something extra terrestrial myself...

Luke Skywalker NEVER had anything that cool looking ! Humans are awesome!

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Hilltaker

It may be plain but its a real plane LOL.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Falsetruths

Makes sense.

he clearly said disc shaped. It was not your classic light in the sky as it had a visible shape other than that of a glowing ball.

You clearly didn't get the joke.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by kindred

Well, they gotta use it sometime don't they? How does it go from design to obsolete without passing through the using it stage?

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by br0ker

This is why ALL eyewitness accounts are BS.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

another interisting vid about sightings 2011
srry if it is off top
and if someone could embed, that would be great

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by MrKipling

This is true. I saw one of those very large transport craft here at Langley, I dont know what they're called, the big fat ones they can put tanks and large equipment into, anyway, it was approaching me head on, low in the sky because it was coming in for a landing, and the sound must have been behind it because I could not hear it, from the front it looked otherworldly. I was driving on a busy road in Hampton Va and I could only glance up at it a second or two at a time as I needed to watch the traffic. It made my stomach jump for a second when I first spotted it. However as soon as the road I was on turned just a bit I caught the side view and it was obviously a plane. It was after it had passed me that I finally heard the engines.
edit on 4-8-2011 by karen61057 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bridge_Boy

Originally posted by Falsetruths

Makes sense.

You clearly didn't get the joke.

i forgot to turn my joke detector on. How can you tell when so many people are serious about saying these sort of things? atleast add smileys lol

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

His description is the exsact the same as what i saw last years over Bergen Norway. Always this feeling of being a bit more normal when i hear other people come out with same experiences

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Falsetruths

Or we could start a peaceful internet campaign where no one gets shot.

www.faxonwashington.org...

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057
reply to post by Falsetruths

Or we could start a peaceful internet campaign where no one gets shot.

www.faxonwashington.org...

These things don't work. Sometimes force is necessary if you want to oust something out. Take note from the east! if we had say, a million people we could find all these things out simply by walking on military installations. Nobody wants to be on the front getting shot at though

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057
reply to post by MrKipling

This is true. I saw one of those very large transport craft here at Langley, I dont know what they're called, the big fat ones they can put tanks and large equipment into, anyway, it was approaching me head on, low in the sky because it was coming in for a landing, and the sound must have been behind it because I could not hear it, from the front it looked otherworldly. I was driving on a busy road in Hampton Va and I could only glance up at it a second or two at a time as I needed to watch the traffic. It made my stomach jump for a second when I first spotted it. However as soon as the road I was on turned just a bit I caught the side view and it was obviously a plane. It was after it had passed me that I finally heard the engines.
edit on 4-8-2011 by karen61057 because: (no reason given)

Galaxy C-5?

www.richard-seaman.com...

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by SevenStarrz
This is really interesting. Especially makes it more credible that Mike Sewell was asking for additional witnesses.

Also, the commentary from Timothy Good was especially intrigiung. Back-engineered alien technology? I mean, obviously, I've read about that before, but particularly interesting to see it reported on the BBC.

DO you think maybe its because this sports guy is ENGLISH and BBC is ENGLISH ? I think we are all trying,,,,well you guys are trying(I"m not), so hard to believe a very lonely eye witness account. We can't even see his face while he is saying the this crap... Why isn't anyone in england interviewing him again?

If a sports guy(redneck) from Jackson,Mississippi saw a UFO would you believe him.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join