It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SOLD OUT AGAIN !! that's my opinion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I am willing to openly admit this is my opinion and worth all the space it takes to say so !
I am speaking about the new deal worked out by the Republicans and the "neo-republican" president.

REPORT: Debt Ceiling Deal Will Cost 1.8 Million Jobs In 2012

thinkprogress.org...

The agreement would reduce spending by at least $1 trillion over 10 years, but even the near-term cuts could shrink already sluggish GDP growth by 0.3% in 2012. According to EPI, the plan “not only erodes funding for public investments and safety-net spending, but also misses an important opportunity to address the lack of jobs.” In particular, the immediate spending cuts and the “failure to continue two key supports to the economy (the payroll tax holiday and emergency unemployment benefits for the long term unemployed) could lead to roughly 1.8 million fewer jobs in 2012.”

It is just beyond me how anyone could call this a "debt reduction deal".

The only way to reduce any debt is to pay it off.! You can't make payments if you don't have money coming into the treasury. You can't bring money into the treasury without people working and paying taxes. If jobs had been as much a priority as the politicians have lied about, I mean, said they were for the last two years, we would not have a debt to worry about.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
You have clearly never read 1984. To "cut spending" is a newspeak term.

Let me break it down for you. If they have a program that is projected to increase spending 10% but by the end of the year they only increase spending 8% BOOM they just cut spending.

This debt ceiling raise did nothing but allow us to spend more. This was in no way put into place to make more jobs or give money to the people that need it.

The collapse is coming and yet people saw the debt ceiling raise as a victory. YAY we kept our AAA credit rating so we can borrow even more money, we so smart.

Keep your eyes on the market, thats where the real economy is. S&P has already lost all profits it made this year and DOW took an 800 point loss. Good job government keep it up.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Sold out or bought out? Have you considered that there may be the ultimate price one would sell out his country for?

Blackmail has always been used to get votes in Congress. But there are those who are so influential that they may have sold their vote(s) and not for monetary gains.

This is not my theory by any means and I have yet to see it discussed here on ATS………….

The Lego pieces are all on the table now………………..We discuss these topics on ATS daily…………..

What would make a congressman or senator vote for a bill like the Patriot Act, Tarp, and Debt Ceiling, bills that are dismantling the US and creating what looks to be an economic collapse that would move us into a military state?

What is the ultimate gift you could give your family?

I would say this opportunity has only been offered to those senior members who could sway votes one way or another. Maybe 20 to 30 members over the past ten years.

What is worth selling a vote for knowing that it could cause political unrest with his or her constitutes?

Just food for thought………

edit on 3-8-2011 by Cloudsinthesky because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

"Sold out or bought out? Have you considered that there may be the ultimate price one would sell out his country for?
Blackmail has always been used to get votes in Congress. But there are those who are so influential that they may have sold their vote(s) and not for monetary gains.
This is not my theory by any means and I have yet to see it discussed here on ATS…………. "

When I read this part of your reply I could not help but smile.

I know you, nor anyone else here, could be making the slighhtest reference to the "Franklin Affair".

This topic has long since fallen off the radar.
edit on 3-8-2011 by hdutton because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by hdutton

When I stated blackmail, that included the Franklin Affair……………….

I am referring to closed room deals made to individual members (theory) that can persuade votes and help pass legislation which has occurred over the past ten years for a “spot”.

What is that spot you ask? A spot for you and your family in one of the many underground bunkers………………..

You think the Franklin Affair was a blackmail tool? Try using the safety for your family.

There are those out there that believe this is occurring.

Knowing what I have learned over the years I cannot question that it’s not happening.

I don’t want to derail your thoughts on your thread……….but I feel there is something pushing these votes which passes these destructive legislative bills that have been passed over the years.

You really have to think outside the box on this one and it raises many questions as to why. But these are the topics that are discussed everyday here on ATS………

new topics

top topics

join