It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iron Maiden vs Metallica....Which Do You Like Better?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by blocula
popularity doesnt equal talent...i wont even type in his name ,but that little puke boy from canada that all the prepubescent tenny bopper chicks love so much,his popularity is huge, but is completely talentless, so the fact that metallica was or is really big does not translate into talent....look up the lyrics to "strange world" by iron maiden...[i dont know if its okay to link published lyrics] they are awesome...metallicas lyrics are on the same banal level as ac/dc,drinking and sex ect,ect...but iron maiden writes about war,history,science fiction,fantasy ect,ect,really deep stuff not shallow and mundane like metallica

Whatever you are obviously an Iron Maiden fan boy. How can you say that Metallica is lyrically equivalent to AC/DC? Have you ever listened to Kill em All, Ride the Lightning, Master of Puppets,and ...and Justice for All start to finish? I bet you haven't. I cant think of a song that they wrote in those 4 albums that had anything to do with sex or drinking.

You should try listening to the song and reading the lyrics at the same time. You might find out what you have been missing while you worship your "Eddie".

...because this song is so shallow and mundane.

...this could have numerous meanings.
Heres Encyclopedia Metallicas interpretation.

Its a pretty ignorant statement to make that one of the most influential bands of all time writes music that is cookie-cutter, mundane, and shallow. And to say they got where they got without any talent is pretty moronic. Kirk Hammett is a god. Every see him live? I bet you haven't.

Where is Iron Maiden now? How many albums have they sold worldwide?

Metallica wins.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by olliemc84

Originally posted by Dr Cosma
reply to post by samstone

Indeed I am a grumpy one.

You are forgiven.

Im glad you enjoyed the concert

But....

You know what I was gona say

I dont dislike Metallica but Hatfield cant sing!!!!!!!!! Now Steve Perry, he can sing.

Roger Daltrey, he can sing.

But......

Hatfield....damn

Dude its Hetfield not Hatfield.

This is a crazy argument. Metallica was the largest band in the world during the mid to late 80s and into the mid 90s. No other band from the 80s aside from U2 has stood the test of time. Lyrically Metallica crushes Maiden and when you have one of the best guitar players ever in the history of the world it makes Metallica hard to beat.

You are going to compare Roger Daltrey and Steve Perry to James Hetfield? It isn't even a fair comparison. Journey was a band that you played when you were trying to nail your high school sweetheart in the front seat of your Z28 and The Who is also in a different league. Thrash metal and heavy metal in general isn't about how well your lead vocalist sounds. They aren't supposed to sound pretty. They aren't supposed to have golden pipes. They are supposed to get on stage have attitude and kick your ass!!!

And sure those guys may sing better then JH but all those guys didn't play rhythm guitar as well as lead vocals.

Dickenson and Di'Anno didn't pick up instruments. Neither did Perry and Daltrey very rarely picked up a guitar.

edit on 4-8-2011 by olliemc84 because: (no reason given)

Dont make it sound like your a badman cos you listen to Metallica cos I listen to rap mostly Too Short.
Roger Daltrey is the lead of THE WHO!!

How old are you?

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Cosma

When did I say Roger Daltrey wasn't the lead singer for The Who?

My birthday is in my profile.

And I don't think I am a badass for listening to Metallica I just really don't see the argument put forward. Metallica is the #1 selling heavy metal band of all time.
edit on 5-8-2011 by olliemc84 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   

this is a fair comparison and one that i have always enjoyed discussing with people...i have seen both these bands in concert back in the mid eighties and they both were very intense and awesome to see and listen to in person.metallicas first album came out in 1983. i saw metallica with cliff burton,their earlier bass player three months before he was killed and their first three albums with him playing bass are to me easily their best with songs like,[master of puppets,fade to black,for whom the bell tolls and seek and destroy] among many others...metallica has said "iron maiden have been the blueprint for everything that we have ever wanted to do" and even lady gaga says that iron maiden are her favorite band...iron maidens first album came out in late 1979,three years before metallica and in my opinion iron maiden are the originators of this kind of rock/metal music with songs like [running free,phantom of the opera,number of the beast,revelations,where eagles dare] and many more, they get my vote...iron maiden is number one!
did you read the above^^^ quote from metallica and what they said about iron maiden!?

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
metallicas world wide sales are around 100 million units sold....i have seen them live twice,i even saw them with cliff burton! two months before he was killed and they were better with him,no doubt about it,my favorite song is "seek and destroy"....iron maidens world wide sales are around 85 million with no publicity campaign and their latest studio album released last year "the final fronteir" was number one in 40 countries! their biggest seller ever and this was accomplished with "little or no radio or television support" when do you hear an iron maiden song on the radio?...next to never!....their music does the talking...

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Any band that can make a song that fits with Erol Flynn rocks a little better than the others, imho...

CJ

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
after cliff burton died,metallica and megadeth i would say are musically equal and tied for second behind iron maiden ,who vocally ,lyrically and especially instrumentally blow away metallica...listen to "number of the beast" and "hallowed be thy name"....no comparison, its iron maiden all the way

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
denim vs spandex.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by neonitus
denim vs spandex.
i dont care if they wore chicken costumes on stage,its the music that matters,but today its all image image image and the vast majority of groups now arent very good at all,they arent real singer songwriters who could play instruments as well ...when iron maiden started in late 1979 with their best singer from their first two albums,paul dianno, he back then went on stage with studded leather and no shirt,as did other members of the band did ,the spandex is the bruce dickinson era and i could care less what he or they are wearing...doesnt mean anything at all...

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Iron Maiden, no question. Better lyrics, better musicians, way better vocals. I actually like Metallica songs, as long as they are not being played by Metallica. Die Krupps did a great tribute album. So much better than the originals. If Hetfield and Co. simply wrote for other bands, I would appreciate them.

To re-address the OP, this is one of the best songs I have ever heard.

edit on 5-8-2011 by InvisibleAlbatross because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by neonitus
denim vs spandex.
thanx very much!...i saw iron maiden in the providence,rhode island. civic center in 1987 and they tore the place up with an incredible assault of music...
edit on 5-8-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

Nice. Hallowed kicks. May I add what I think is their best live version?

Love Bruce Monkeying around - full on neandrathal look when it really get's kicking. Awesome voice, even if not compared to their 1st.

CJ

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by neonitus

Was there ever any effort to mix the two? Dendex? Spanim? That would have rocked.

CJ

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens
reply to post by neonitus

Was there ever any effort to mix the two? Dendex? Spanim? That would have rocked.

CJ
yeah...madonna, when she use to wear jeans with spandex shorts pulled over on top of them...

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Dear God why did you put that image in my head. You are correct. There are many more examples, it was the 80's...maybe Bananaramma? Huey Luis?

CJ
edit on 5-8-2011 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
what would iron maidens "number of the beast" album sound like with paul dianno singing instead of bruce ?!?! if anyone thinks that paul dianno back then wasnt capable of it...could someone please get a video up with paul dianno singing "remember tomorrow" with iron maiden from 81 or 82...you'll hear how good he actually was

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   

what would iron maidens "number of the beast" album sound like with paul dianno singing instead of bruce ?!?! if anyone thinks that paul dianno back then wasnt capable of it...could someone please get a video up with paul dianno singing "remember tomorrow" with iron maiden from 81 or 82...you'll hear how good he actually was
www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens
reply to post by blocula

Dear God why did you put that image in my head. You are correct. There are many more examples, it was the 80's...maybe Bananaramma? Huey Luis?

CJ
edit on 5-8-2011 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)
huey lewis in jeans and spandex shorts hahahahahahahahah that is sooooo funny....when hot women dress like that its a okay with me,,,,,,,,please check out the paul dianno/iron maiden video i linked its from 1980 and its the iron maiden that i easily like the most.....god i wish he and their old drummer clive burr had stayed in the band!!!

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

www.youtube.com...

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join