It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is this sound in the sky?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I am in Central Virginia, and have heard this sound as well. I live out in the country, a ways away from any airports, factories, and main road ways. My kids and I spend a lot of time out side and I have lived here for two years and never heard it before.I noticed it about a week ago, and have heard it every day since. I am going to record a video of what I hear also.

I think a lot of people are just so ingrossed in their lives and such that they heard it, they just didn't notice it, or think anything of it. Same goes for a lot of things, UFOs and such, if people would stop staring at their phones and TVs and looked UP every now and then, I think a lot more people would be seeing and hearing these things.

Your video sounds exactly like what I hear, so you're not nuts, or if you are, you're not alone!

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Outrageo
reply to post by Silend

Hey, Silend; a few quick questions:

Do you notice any OTHER anomalies that occur at the same time, or even just before you hear the sound?

For example, does it suddenly get eerily quiet in the neighborhood just before the sound?

Are you aware of any strange animal behavior, such as birds that suddenly stop chirping, or dogs starting to bark?

How long does the sound last? is it consistent or of various durations?

Does the sound appear to be coming from the same point in the sky or does it seem to be coming from a wide area all at once?

Can you give us some idea of the frequency of the sound (not audio frequency, rather how often the sound occurs), e.g., daily, weekly - or completely random or intermittent?

Have your neighbors or others in your household mentioned the sound to you? Do they hear and describe it the same way you do? If widespread, had the sound been reported in the local news? What is said about it?

And finally - if you were afforded a wild guess - what would YOU say it might be? What does it sound most like to YOU?

Thanks - and good luck!
edit on 8/3/2011 by Outrageo because: ?s

1 - I don't think so, but i didn't really pay attention to it, next time i hear it i will.

2 - When the sound begins, i think i dont hear any birds but the dogs do not start to bark, i'll pay more attention next time.

3 - the sound last for a few minutes.

4 - It sounds like it comes from various places.

5 - it happens atleast once 1 weeks sometimes daily.

6 - the sound has not been reported in the local news, and i don't now about my neighbours.

7 - I have no idea, thats why i asked it here.

edit on 3-8-2011 by Silend because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Do you hear how the sound starts to fade toward the end of the video. That is the same way I hear it here in Nashville, TN. It looks like it is or was cloudy on that day so, no chance in seeing what is beyond the clouds.

Next time you hear it you should be a detective so to speak and write down everything. Time of day, what the weather was like, the noises you heard before and after, record it again if possible, be aware of any planes flying around before you heard the sound and after. I cant think of anything else to help out, but I hope that helps.
edit on 8/3/2011 by mustangill because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Silend

Ok, thanks. Just curious - trying to match your phenomena with similar events elsewhere is all.

From the video clip, the sound, to me at least, resembles that of a powerful ramjet engine, though I don't detect any doppler shift and you said you saw nothing, just heard the sound, so...?

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
That is the sound of a jet engine(s). And judging by the particulars of that sound, it sounds more like jet engines on military fighter aircraft. That's why it got quieter near the end of the video because the jet was getting farther away.

I'm very surprised at the answers that have been given in this thread. But I can tell you that if you go to airshows where military fighter aircraft are being demonstrated in the air, you will hear that same exact sound. Had those clouds not been there, you would've seen the aircraft for yourself.

In the following video at about 1:15 and again at 2:20, you will hear the same exact sound coming from these military fighter jets that you recorded in your video:

Hopefully, the above video will put to rest your questions concerning the "sound" you recorded.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Last week I and my 2 kids and my sister went camping in Suffolk, England. We were staying at an old WWII airfield, with a wheat field on two sides.
On Wednesday 27th July 2011 we were waiting for the sun to set, drinking tea in our awning looking out towards the west.
I suddenly felt a 'bubble' in my dodgy ankle as if a bubble of energy was coming up from the earth. I have 'felt' earthquakes in that ankle, like when people 'feel' storms coming in their knees, but this time it felt exactly like a bubble.
In about half an hour we heard what sounded like a thunderstorm. So we went out of the tent and looked to where the sound was coming from; west and the setting sun. It was a cloudless sky.
It went on for 2-3 mins and then stopped, then about a couple of minutes later it started again. This went on for about half an hour. It was amazing and awe-inspiring.

My sister thought it was an airplane at first. I've heard airplanes all my life and it did not sound like an airplane.

I believe it was a 'sound-quake' or a 'Thunder bird'. The trouble it's frequency is like an airplane and confusing people.
I have never heard this sound at home, as I have an organite City buster and I believe this syphons off the spare energy from the Earth, so the sound-quake doesn't need to occur.

How about doing an experiment; make an organite and see if those who hear it regularly, stop hearing it after they install one. Just a thought.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

Bonez, there is only one little problem with your explanation; for me, and several others, it lasted, at a constant,thrumming feel it in our chest level for over an hour, for my episode the sky was blue,cloudless, and no way that I am aware of that it could be a jet overhead;

I helped build the mid-field terminal and 2 runways at Hartsfield in Atlanta, have worked on several different air bases including Dobbins NAS, Robbins AF base, and Moody AF base, so I am quite familiar with civvy and a few military craft and how they sound, just haven't encountered any that can hold position sight unseen for an hour.

seeker

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by the seeker_713g
for my episode the sky was blue,cloudless, and no way that I am aware of that it could be a jet overhead; just haven't encountered any that can hold position sight unseen for an hour.

Jets don't have to be overhead to be heard. Jets that are circling an airport in a holding pattern waiting for clearance to land can circle for up to an hour or more. And if you live within 10-15 miles of a major airport, there can be constant jet sounds of one jet after another taking off. Some of the larger jets can even be felt in your chest at that distance.

But without audio, it is difficult to discern what sound it is you are hearing.

However, I can say with a 100% certainty that the sound in the OP's video is definitely from jet engines, and very likely military fighter jet engines.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

Perhaps it is; but I am 40 miles from the nearest airport, and the point I wish to convey is that this sound is very loud, is omni-directional(appears to be coming from 12 o'clock high no matter which way you turn), and does not rise or fall in intensity or audio level...

actually reminds me of a couple of C-130's on the flight line preparing to taxi... but from my vantage point on top of the mountain I live on I can see clear line of sight for a very long way in all directions...nothing to see ...

seeker

edit on 8/4/2011 by the seeker_713g because: typo

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by RecentlyAwakenI can hear this in England as does my neighbour, it is strange Ive not once seen a plane, for a few mths thias has happened. Must be the Planet X or the outer outmosphere, or aliens.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join