It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Internet Explorer story was bogus - BBC

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by TXRabbit

Originally posted by revmoofoo
reply to post by IsaacKoi

People who use Internet Explorer not only have a lower IQ than other computer users, but they also feel that their internet experience should be as slow and painful as possible.

Rev

You know what! I think you just might be on to something here! When I viewed this thread in Internet Explorer, your post came out a little different:

Peoble who use Innernet Exploreh not on habe a lowebuhr IQ dan odeh c'pootr usehs, duuhhhh, but dey also feel dat deir innernet expehiess shudd be as slow 'n painful as posstiggle.

Reb

(and Thanks to The Dialectizer for the assist)

That was beautiful. Thanks for that and thanks for the "dialectizer"; simply brilliant.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I had my suspicions when I first read the story - it just didn't sound right. I Googled the company and looked for their website, but found nothing except MSM article after article relating the story. When you see it repeated again and again by the MSM outlets, you figure it's legit. Man, doesn't the media check their sources anymore when they run stories? How ridiculous!

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
New story

ATS Members who fail to use a search function (Present OP excluded) may not be as smart as those who do.

No offense Dave

I'm so sick of this topic.

I am smart.
I choose IE.

IT IS ALL ABOUT PREFERENCE

the only thing I can agree with is "if you're not so smart, perhaps you SHOULDN'T use IE"

P.S. theRhenn - I love you! ♥
edit on 3-8-2011 by Forevever because: cause you said what I've been saying all along

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by TXRabbit

Originally posted by revmoofoo
reply to post by IsaacKoi

People who use Internet Explorer not only have a lower IQ than other computer users, but they also feel that their internet experience should be as slow and painful as possible.

Rev

You know what! I think you just might be on to something here! When I viewed this thread in Internet Explorer, your post came out a little different:

Peoble who use Innernet Exploreh not on habe a lowebuhr IQ dan odeh c'pootr usehs, duuhhhh, but dey also feel dat deir innernet expehiess shudd be as slow 'n painful as posstiggle.

Reb

(and Thanks to The Dialectizer for the assist)

That made me "LOL" for the first time in ages! Star for you.

Rev

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I'm going to post this here since it seems to be more active than the b/s crappola forum or where ever I posted this originally.

I don't understand where the slow IE comes in. I have found the opposite to be true, myself - especially on startup. And how is it more exploitable from malicious attacks? Are you sure you're not going by outdated information?

What, exactly, are the cons with IE? What is so good about the others? I have Chrome & Firefox installed, but use IE almost exclusively. Only if I am messing around with some html5 or using the firefox youtube download plugin will I switch over - and then it is a crapshot whether Chrome, Firefox or neither has the appropriate HTML5 functions implemented. Last time I tried them out Firefox was incredibly slow to start up (and I don't care for or have not taken the time to learn how to configure the download manager) and Chrome could not display certain things correctly or at all besides a host of other errors/ bugs that did not seem like they were being addressed or even acknowledged by the Google team despite months and months of people filing and confirming error reports.

Sell me (and Forever, since nobody has actually responded to his requests for specific pros & cons as of yet) on it all of you vastly more intelligent l337 browser people.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by polit

Agree, no ones sold me on ditching IE yet either.

Runs fast for me - never had a virus (that wasn't my own fault) - never been hacked.

I've only once or twice come across pages that didn't load properly in IE and worked fine in Chrome or Firefox - interestingly enough when I returned to those sites at a later date, IE had no problem reading them.... guessing it was a temporary glitch of some kind...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join