It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

my dramatic conversion and supernatural experience - real and inspired by Ya'shuah

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Inspired by my colleague King Lizard ( a man who has been blessed above all mortals and has seen heaven )
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I wish to relate to my brothers and sisters here at ATS a true and somehwat unique story of my transition from darkness to light

I guess I have often been reluctant to share this experience simply because one must be humble, and one must be mindful that not all one's fellow man will/can/did have this type of experience

as our saviour remarked, "blessed are those who have not seen and yet believed"

it was christmas 1982 and for me, a quiet non drug and alcohol induiced binge

3am 26 December I woke up
I sat up in bed, and for some reason looked out my window - there was not much to see other than a neighbour's house and a tree in their backyard...

I looked and there, in the tree, on a thick branch, swaying in the wind, was a huge approx 6 foot tall bird/crow/eagle

it was black with intensely glowing green eyes. I looked away and dismissed this as an halucination, then looked again and sure enough it was still there

so I lay back down and thought - this is crazy

in seconds I was confonted by a pair of green eyes hovering about 6 inches from my face
I began to feel afraid - very afraid, like not afraid of dying, but of what would come after that

the fear was paralysing
in fact, I found that I was actually paralysed from the neck down and could not move any limb or muscle

I felt a voice entering my being saying "you have lived in sin and for this you must suffer an eternity in hell"
and I began to see hell, and what it was like, and the fear and paralysis sent me into a totally inhuman asphyxiation of mind and body - hell is like - absolute scary you-dont-wanna-be-within-a-million-miles-of-this-place-because-it-will-eat-you-alive-forever

so here I am , paralysed, alone, without help, lost, afraid, completely out of my depth, and breathless

so I close my eyes, and the grren eyes, are still there. I try to call my parents but my mouth cannot form words. I am lost, afraid, and it would seem, captured in the fate of destruction for all time

lo and behold, I, being brought up as a catholic, try and recite the lords prayer or hail mary, and I cant remember either

then I cry out "God, if you are real, and you can save me from going to hell, then whatever is required of me I will do"

as soon as the words leave my mind the green eyes vanish and I am no longer paralysed

I fall asleep and the next morning I find a new testament I had hidden in my drawers and start reading it

the next day I don't want to go to my bed, so I visit a priest and relay my story - he tells me I should say 20 hail marys and the evil will depart, and as the words leave his mouith I realise I am talking to someone who knows nothing of the things that are happening around me

so I dismiss his ideas and decide to keep reading this bible book.

eventually I met a christian who had enough sense to pray with me to become a believer

but I still kept reading the book
and I believed
when I read about signs and miracles I believed - and my teachers didnt
but I believed

and as I progressed i was honoured to be baptised in water and the spirit, and to lay hands on the sick and see them recover, and lo and behold if I was not seeing the Word fulfilled in my life and all I could touch

I have seen countles folk healed through my touch, using handkerchiefs, whatever gets the result

I have seen visons, dreams, and yet I must say all these are nothing compared to the word and the pictures we see of our heavenly body and the glorious life we shall have with the Father and our redeemer, the Lamb

suffice it to say I have much more to contibute to this topic however time and space proclude me at this moment but as OP I will endeavour to add to this as much as I can

to YHWH ELohim, the Son of man Ya'shuah ha Mashiach, be all the glory for ever and ever amen

me, If I get a job as toilet cleaner in the kingdom, I will be ecstatic

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
I trust this thread will not deteriorate into a theological argument

I have seen the lame, the blind, the deaf, an the measly headache, cured by our Father
I have seen demons and angels
but all this aside, my one abiding vision is to see the kingdom realised

the kingdom of heaven is like a man who found a treasure in a field, and buryijng that treasure, goes and sells all he has and buys that field

edit on 3-8-2011 by Highlander64 because: sp sp sp spelling

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   
good vibes just radiating off this post, i have experienced much similar things, our quests to rebuild the kingdom of god has just begun, brother.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amassuo
good vibes just radiating off this post, i have experienced much similar things, our quests to rebuild the kingdom of god has just begun, brother.

then as a brother, i implore you, share it with us, here and now is as good a time as any

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   
The mind is an amazing thing,

You had an hallucination, heaven and hell are human constructs designed to keep you obedient and in fear.

Free your mind and soul from the constraints of organised fear based religion and have a real relationship with god/the universe.

This will sound patronising but I feel sorry for people like yourself, why are myths, fairy tales and even blatant fabrications needed for people to feel something of the divine???

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
The negative entities (in christian terminology called 'demons'), who are the minions of the pretender-'god' Jahveh, like to pull that stunt to convert people to christianity.

Generally it's nothing to worry about (albeit it can be terribly scary at first); though there are a few of these Jahveh-'demons', which can be really dangerous.

So if anyone feel it necessary to use religion as the cure for the illness called religion (not a generalized statement, only valid in a certain amount of cases), try buddhism.

Personally I try to sort it out without confusing the situation by including theistic postulates.
edit on 3-8-2011 by bogomil because: syntax

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
I forced myself to stay awake for 2 weeks and saw visions that could not have been of my own conscience. i hate trying to explain things that cannot be explained with simple words, ideas and thoughts to complex to jsut word out. but i felt myself a part of the geometrical pattern that is life in such a weird way it felt as though i was in the next dimension, nothing mattered to me within the two weeks but bringing myself closer and closer to god. when i did sleep i saw a brief vision of heaven's peace and atmosphere and that is what has pushed me to be so religious, it was too beautiful, i would bite off my tonuge and bleed to death right now if i were garaunteed this in the afterlife no matter what. ive done drugs before and it was nothing near as euphoric

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff
The mind is an amazing thing,

You had an hallucination, heaven and hell are human constructs designed to keep you obedient and in fear.

Free your mind and soul from the constraints of organised fear based religion and have a real relationship with god/the universe.

This will sound patronising but I feel sorry for people like yourself, why are myths, fairy tales and even blatant fabrications needed for people to feel something of the divine???

a backbone to spirituality, why throw out all religions ideas and teachings just because they are tainted, and you do not either understand what that spirit in our minds that guides us is. Some people call it allah, some people call it god, yahweh, etc. the idea is the same, the negative stigma based around religions is not helping anyone.
edit on 3-8-2011 by Amassuo because: (no reason given)

ETA: true maybe but not helping us as a whole
edit on 3-8-2011 by Amassuo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
The subconscious part of our brain is the one that regulate our behavior and would also fit the omnipotent/omniscient description of God and the visions it brings. Don't misunderstand this statement, that would be the true temple of God.

You can effectively destroy it in 3 days(sleepless/ obsessive behavior) and rebuild it overtime(hell/purgatory part). Because after 3 days, from my point of view, a bridge between the conscious, subconscious, unconscious(evil, sinful?) seem to have been estalished.

Comparisons/metaphors existed long before we learned to write because of a lower vocabulary at the time and I'm trying to see through it if there is not something that has been missed.

All in all to explain that if you read the Bible in search of answers, there are no easy ones. Common knowledge has changed a lot since it was written. If I write the words "cool" or "hot", it can be interpreted as in temperature or used as an expression of approval... today.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Amassuo

Good old Wiki

Generally, lack of sleep may result in:[6][7] aching muscles[8] confusion, memory lapses or loss[9][10] depression[9] hallucinations[9] hand tremors[11] headaches bloodshot eyes periorbital puffiness, commonly known as "bags under eyes" or eye bags increased blood pressure[12][13] increased stress hormone levels[13] increased risk of diabetes[13] increased risk of fibromyalgia[14] irritability[6] nystagmus[disambiguation needed] (rapid involuntary rhythmic eye movement)[15] obesity[13] temper tantrums in children[6] yawning[6] symptoms similar to: Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder(ADHD)[6] Psychosis[16]

You will have difficulty having people believe that after such a time without sleep that anything you experienced wasn't hallucitory in nature.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by goldentorch

no it cmpletely was, i never said god sent me on a vision, i wasnt believing in god at the time of my quest

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Amassuo

My apologies, that's just how I read it.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Amassuo

So you're saying it was a hallucination, a brain-fart, that has led you to believe in a god?

Don't you see the problem with that?

Did you purposely set out to trick yourself with this quest?

Why set out on a quest to deprive yourself of sleep for 2 weeks, in order to convince yourself that there is a god?

And how did you get past knowing those hallucinations were false, and reach the conclusion that it was God?

edit on 3-8-2011 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I believe you. I myself experience the phenomenon of invisible stigmata. I'm afraid that even if God were to make it visible for the world to see, they would still find a way to interpret it so the bible and hell are false.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by 547000
I believe you. I myself experience the phenomenon of invisible stigmata. I'm afraid that even if God were to make it visible for the world to see, they would still find a way to interpret it so the bible and hell are false.

The black/white 'interpretation' attitudes are actually the speciality of theist mindsets, and not so popular amongst those who prefer rational reasoning etc.

In the present context the enquiring mind can question the basics of the experience: "IS there something 'out' there?" or acknowledge, that there may be 'something 'out' there', but that it's misinterpretated by the experiencee's mind; so to speak gestalting the experience prematurely.

Bringing in doctrinal 'explanations' at the end of the day is worthless.

There's a whole and well-considered 'school of weirdology', which has passed the need of predigested answers.
edit on 3-8-2011 by bogomil because: missing word and grammar

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by bogomil

Originally posted by 547000

The black/white 'interpretation' attitudes are actually the speciality of theist mindsets, and not so popular amongst those who prefer rational reasoning etc.

In the present context the enquiring mind can question the basics of the experience: "IS there something 'out' there?" or acknowledge, that there may be 'something 'out' there', but that it's misinterpretated by the experiencee's mind; so to speak gestalting the experience prematurely.

Bringing in doctrinal 'explanations' at the end of the day is worthless.

There's a whole and well-considered 'school of weirdology', which has passed the need of predigested answers.
edit on 3-8-2011 by bogomil because: missing word and grammar

What the deuce are you talking about?

If you saw hell yourself you would believe too. Many people are quick to say hallucinations and imagination, but for those who experienced it, they know it's not so. I also pity the fact that even if the wounds become visible, skeptics will be quick to say it's fake or psychosomatic.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

You wrote:

["What the deuce are you talking about?"]

I'm talking about the human mind's inability to accept the unknown, but instead structuring it into known patterns. It's a well-known phenomenon.

Quote: ["If you saw hell yourself you would believe too."]

No, I wouldn't. And I talk from experience; I've 'seen' quite a few things.

Quote: ["Many people are quick to say hallucinations and imagination, but for those who experienced it, they know it's not so."]

That was however not what my post said.

Quote: ["I also pity the fact that even if the wounds become visible, skeptics will be quick to say it's fake or psychosomatic"]

Then direct your comments on it to those saying that. Not to me.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Uh, if you have no complaints, why'd you even comment at my post?

What is unknown to you is known to me and many others.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

You wrote: ["Uh, if you have no complaints, why'd you even comment at my post?"]

Because you formerly wrote:

Quote: ["I'm afraid that even if God were to make it visible for the world to see, they would still find a way to interpret it so the bible and hell are false."]

Quote: ["What is unknown to you is known to me and many others."]

Ot you just MAKE it 'known' by structuring it into patterns you are familar with. As I said, the phenomenon is well-known.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Highlander64
the kingdom of heaven is like a man who found a treasure in a field, and buryijng that treasure, goes and sells all he has and buys that field

This is a wonderful experience you have shared with us my friend. The hard part is having faith enough in the value of the treasure you have found that you are willing to sell all that you have to buy that field.

Many have seen the treasure, but most value what they have over what they will gain.

21Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.

Now who will do such a thing? Who will follow Christ even onto the cross to gain that treasure?

22But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions.

I tell you the truth, the Kingdom of Heaven is laid out before us, but most just don't see it.

Thank you for sharing my friend, and may Christ guide your steps always.

With Love,

Your Brother
edit on 3-8-2011 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join