It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Talk about an angry sun...2 flares now????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Sunspots 1261 and 1263 produce pair of M-Class Flares:
An M1.1 Solar Flare took place around Sunspot 1261 at 03:37 UTC Wednesday morning followed an hour later by a M1.7 flare around Sunspot 1263 at 04:32 UTC. Stay tuned to this website for any further developments.

www.solarham.com...

This thread is related as well

Predictions, in next 48 hrs will hit strong earthquake or volcano event

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Thanks for the info. Should be interesting to see what happens.
Also, might want to check this website - spaceweather.com...

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by dreamfox1

spaceweather.inf.brad.ac.uk... There seems to be a 27% chance of a large flare.... 41 % this flare will be an x class, 51% it will be an m class. But..this changes all the time and they update their percentages evrey two minutes. And a chance of a PROTON EVENT. What is that?

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   
was the second flare earthbound too?

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by madhattress

Proton Event

A Solar proton event occurs when protons emitted by the Sun become accelerated to very high energies either close to the Sun during a solar flare or in interplanetary space by the shocks associated with coronal mass ejections. These high energy protons cause several effects. They can penetrate the Earth's magnetic field and cause ionization in the ionosphere. The effect is similar to auroral events, the difference being that electrons and not protons are involved. Energetic solar protons are also a significant radiation hazard to spacecraft and astronauts.

Regions where deeper penetration can occur includes the north pole, south pole, and South Atlantic magnetic anomaly.

Both quotes from wikipedia as linked above. Sounds like no real danger to us on the Earth's surface.

edit on 3-8-2011 by butcherguy because: To add.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Thanks butcher guy, I will sleep better now. Goodnight angry sun, you good ol loose cannon. May we wake to our electricity towers hanging in there, all intact ...

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Angry sun?

No it's just trying to do what it was meant to do a year ago.

People need to go look at how active the sun was 1999-2004 if they want to see an angry sun...and even then, I'd call it slightly perturbed, so comparing then to now doesn't even register on the angry scale.

It's tickled pink right now.

edit on 3/8/11 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
It's just the sun being a sun, and a not very active one when all things are considered.
Sure it's cool and all that to have 2 flares in a small amount of time but personally I want to see a much more active sun than it is now.

Also, I don't give much credance to that prediction thread. If somebody thinks they can prove the link then by all means do, so far no-one has succeeded.
edit on 3-8-2011 by pazcat because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Are you an astronomer? Because unless you are an Astronomer or someone who has done a lot of research in the field I don't think you are qualified to say whether or not this "angry sun" in fact most scientists who are Astronomers agree that this is about right for this time of year.

Please back up your chicken little statement of the sky is falling with some facts.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
the earthquake you're referring to is already happening. it's the political climate in the U.S. and the global implications. you have to look at things from a grander perspective.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by tonypazzohome

LOL. You would make a great fortune teller.

"when i predicted a larger earthquake i meant the stock market not a real one"
"stocks look fine"
"err i mean i meant an earthquake of awakening...yea that its"

Sun has no correlation to economy. Please see yourself out of this discussion in the fragile earth forum and head over to skunk works.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
soo... much... ignorance.

people. please consider what you are actually observing., I know it looks really cool and this is the first time throughout human progress we have been able to watch our sun do its thing, yet you must consider;

The sun has been acting like this for a very very long time.

Does a star flare, even if there is no STEREO to view it?

Yes.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

There is no correlation between solar flares and earthquakes. Please provide legitimate sources fo information to back up your claims. I have decided to try and do that for you but I can't find any credible sites to back up your beliefs and predictions.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
According to Spaceweather there was another flare, an M6 that was propelled in Earths general direction with an ETA of August 5th. Should make a nice light show

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
With all the recent solar flares that have been generated, I often wonder if these solar flares have increased earth's surface temperatures significantly like the reports of the heat wave that we are seeing in Iran, Iraq, across the USA and other places around the world?

Super heated atmospheres would get very warm and if this is indeed one of the possible effects, then why has no one mapped the areas on earth where these solar flares will impact in the future and then report on such data?

Anyway, just wanted to throw super heated atmospheres into the solar flare discussion, because when you talk massive solar flares, these other anomalies come into play and I think super heated atmosphere is one of them.

I only mention this because I feel we should better understand why the weather is somewhat odd lately and what a super heated atmosphere would be like to exist in. Thanks again.

new topics

top topics

join