It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Conspiracy Involving Anonymous Posting on most Forums

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Just a thought outside the square perhaps?
Why are members of forums allowed to post under anonymous psuedosynim layers?
Ok the Authourities can trace IP addresses ect, but what Iam asking is "why are we allowed to hide behind user names?
Think of all the and baiting and hate posts we all are subjest to...the inane threads that are plainly based on zero fact, the whole idea that individuals can for example deny the holocaust and get stars and flags.
Surely living and learning is about realising that every action has consequences?
Some are good , some are bad, but allowing millions of forum members across thousands of forum sites to hide under the blanket of anonyimity, what credibility does this give to any of us?

The question has to be asked does anonymous posting ethos allow the automatic devaluing of all our credibility to occur?

We may be reading David Bowie posting about Gary Numans Pointy ears" but if he has a username of "Little Wonder" how does that promote truth?
Should we all not grow balls? and lets put our real names and addresses and phone numbers on evry post we emit into the universe?
There are too many games on forums ?
People want to deny ignorance , not be subject to ignorance?
We cannot drink and drive , nor drink and operate, nor drink and work, yet how many members here on ATS as an example drink and post?
I think we would all drink less if our identity was displayed to the world?
Yes ok then maybe a lot more people would post less, but perhaps the validity and truthfulness of the posts would increase?

For forums to thrive with integrity ...full identity posting should be mandatory?

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   
It gives us the opportunity to discuss topics that could be viewed as taboo or topics that could tarnish a persons reputation In the real world. Without anonymity the conversations and true beliefs of a person would not be said thereby reducing and sometimes even hindering societal and cultural progression. Tolerance should exist but most tend to not truely understand its meaning.

Eta: I don't see any personal info posted by Dr. Expired. Might I detect a bit of hypocrisy.
edit on 3-8-2011 by DarkSarcasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Expired

I agree with the member that had the first post.

Ever been to 4chan? You'll see how humanity acts when it believes it's anonymous.

We're not all trying to hide though. I stand strong in my own skin and present my face plain as day. I present facts and don't venture off into the supernatural. All me. I suffer no delusion of anonymity on here. I hoped it would lend me some credibility although I get the feeling it invites personal attacks.

The illusion of anonymity provides people an outlet to speak on how they really feel. Free of ridicule (mostly), and free from identification or biased impressions based on their appearance.
edit on 3-8-2011 by SpringHeeledJack because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Who cares it's fun. Why did you find it beneficial to make your name Dr Expired? Figure that out and you will have your answer.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by SpringHeeledJack

4chan in its early days was organized fun, hilarious, and a great place. if you go to 4chan now youre either 15 or youre 14.
anonymity has its pros and cons, on a cinspiracy forum it has more cons. there is no anonymity here, we all post with the names we create that are different, we dont need real names. this is not anonymity

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Amassuo

There is anonymity here. Even though we amass a lot of material that is attributed to our user names and we develop a presence we still mask our real life identity as we develop a dual identity (or multiple). The safety we obtain from screen names and not having our picture up allows us to be more comfortable in ways we aren't in real life therefore who we appear to be is obscured by who we actually are in our minds which would be enough to throw even our family members off our trail. ; )

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Expired
Should we all not grow balls? and lets put our real names and addresses and phone numbers on evry post we emit into the universe?
There are too many games on forums ?
People want to deny ignorance , not be subject to ignorance?
We cannot drink and drive , nor drink and operate, nor drink and work, yet how many members here on ATS as an example drink and post?
I think we would all drink less if our identity was displayed to the world?
Yes ok then maybe a lot more people would post less, but perhaps the validity and truthfulness of the posts would increase?

For forums to thrive with integrity ...full identity posting should be mandatory?

After so passionate and eloquent rhetoric PRO mandatory-full-identity policy on the internet, I think you deserve at least a bigger office with a hot secretary in Langley...

edit on 8/3/2011 by 1AnunnakiBastard because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   

In my belief if you take trolls out of the picture, people are actually more likely to act their-self when under a anonymity.

Basically what GogoVicMorrow said
edit on 3-8-2011 by Nobama because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Let's get philosophical and spin your post for fun:

We only have anonymity in day-to-day life.

It's only on here that we are our true selves.

*except me* I'm special

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   
You are at your doctor's office and they ask you fill out a questionnaire about their service. If you are required to put your name on the document..are more honest? Less honest..Or choose not fill it out?

Keep in mind that you will be back there again.

Don't worry they just passed a bill that requires our ISP's to keep track of us...Keeps us all nice and safe..thank you government. Oh Mighty government that protects me from myself.

Peace

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nobama

In my belief if you take trolls out of the picture, people are actually more likely to act their-self when under a anonymity.

Your post is brilliant in my humble opinion in thta it is superbly insightful in one part, but not quite on the money in another part.
Perhaps in a way Trolls (who is 100% a troll) and who is(100% not a troll) are the most honest under anonymous posting?
Personally I sense a lot of gamesmanship with internet forums, its almost a new 21st century mexican standoff at times, as members bite their tongues, leat they be erased by the sheriifs?

I for one believe in earnesty, but have played a few games for fun.

Inside what are we?
Outside on forums , we can be many things.
Its like ten people in a room but 1000 spirits.
And who knows perhaps we are taken over by spirits as we type?

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Because it rhymed.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by spav5

Like I said.
Suffer no delusion.

en.wikipedia.org...

www.narus.com...

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   
every members posts are counted and archived here, this is not anonymity, who you are in real life makes no difference to how your beliefs translate. any other anonymous sight youre posts are not tracked and you can pretend to be anyone in every different post, while here you must work to maintain whatever persona you wish to create (if you arent a truthful person). Also Trolls here for the most part non-existant compared to anonymous websites.
edit on 3-8-2011 by Amassuo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Well the odd thing is I found this on the beeb website, that well know television broadcaster & it would appear that you are not alone in thinking that. However their view goes a touch deeper than yours..

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Yes, Dr Expired, please be the example setter here by posting your picture, social sec #, birthday, address...

Cyber security agents are aware of all of this info anyway, so what would be the point?

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

so what you saying is Dr expired is your real name?..... what i get about posting online under the cloak of anonymity is that its none of you business who i am, simply what my opinion is. you mention the holocaust what if my last name or even my first displayed my race or religion. there is room for discrimination. Because even if i knew who you were why would i care?

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Think of it this way.

If you were an ordinary guy with an intelligence level that is above the norm, wouldn't you feel a little intimidated if you were posting your own knowledge, opinion and ideas when people know you're nothing special career wise and yet you can see that there are professors and others in the science and medical fields even if their knowledge or ideas are lacking somewhat compared to your own?

Anonymity is a right that does get abused at times but other times it's invariably good for everybody.

new topics

top topics

join