It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freedom of Information and Roswell

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 02:55 PM
link   
And in the end, was it worth his time and money to wage a court battle for what is essentially a blank piece of paper? If the gov't is the root of the problem then maybe that route should be abandoned.

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Der Kapitan
And in the end, was it worth his time and money to wage a court battle for what is essentially a blank piece of paper? If the gov't is the root of the problem then maybe that route should be abandoned.

Nope,big waste of time.However-One thing it did prove is that these clandestine,sub-agencies obviously DO have something to hide,which they basically have denied for almost 60 years now.Anyone that thinks otherwise need look no further than the above example.

You have my attention DK-What other route do you think might yield what we're seeking?

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Yeah they exist alright. To cause confusion and delay. I'm sure that anyone who tries to use FIA for any purpose is gettin' a stonewallin'.

Gee, nothing illegal, don't wanna be called a terrorist. Continued observation, maybe some training with cameras for all ufo hunters out there.
I think this needs to be brain stormed a bit. Petitions will only get you the same as a law suit, Cajun blackened papers. Maybe there is an "in" through a foreign gov't? I dunno' I might be grasping at straws here.

[edit on 20-8-2004 by Der Kapitan]

[edit on 20-8-2004 by Der Kapitan]

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Well,no,you certainly are not grasping at straws in regards to the foreign govs,you should read the COMETA report that France's military and government put out.It basically in a roundabout way says that UFO's are real,and at least a portion of them have been concluded to be of non-terrestrial origin based on capabilities.It also goes on to address how the US government has hidden what it knows from not only its own citizens,but literally the rest of the planet.It has almost a chiding type of tone about this,hehheh.The greatest thing about this is this is an official government document,and their top scientists and military leaders were involved,so it's next to impossible to debunk or dismiss what is said.

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 03:34 PM
link   
The U.N. route has it's appeal, but the U.S. gov't has had no problem thumbing it's collective nose at the U.N. in the past. So while not a bad idea, I think we'd still end up with a pile of blacked out papers. Maybe a few pepole in the U.N. would then be privy to the info, but it wouldn't go any further, I suspect. Heck, maybe it's already that way.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 03:56 PM
link   
If the Freedom of Information Act states that "all classified documents will become available after 50 years" but they give them to you with the majority of the text blackened out couldnt you potentially bring the government to court?

Not that you'd win but someone needs to fight this thing because it's obvious the government is blantantly doing something wrong here, unless of course they were smart enough to leave themselves a nice loophole. I'm not familiar with this part of the law but it just seems to me that if they can get away with blackening out the important information in these declassified files this Freedom of Information Act is a fraud.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join