It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good UFO debate taking place on BBC radio 5 live

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by uforadio

It was interesting to hear Tony Robinson and ....

You're joking, surely.

urgh

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Ok here it is:

Download link for Audio:
www.adrive.com...

--- snip ---

So far those additional audio bits were located for August 3:

BBC Cambridgeshire
BBC Newcastle
BBC Three Counties
BBC Wales
BBC Leeds (this one also has UFO bits but still have to check is it actualy connected with the story in this thread)

After I extract the files will send on the thread as before.

Best Wishes.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by uforadio

You're a good man G.

Incidentally, did you catch the Mark Rodeghier interview? It's not the greatest interview in the world...Clever Apes: Studying UFOs

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by welshbeliever

Speaking as a person who was born and raised in Essex, but has deep and respected welsh roots sir, I would say yes, and keep up the good work. Its always refreshing to hear an accent that hasnt been utterly ruined by the Roman influence!

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky

You're a good man G.

Incidentally, did you catch the Mark Rodeghier interview? It's not the greatest interview in the world...Clever Apes: Studying UFOs

Thanks so much Kandinsky for the link. Great lead, especialy because Mark is rarely interviewed. I have added podcast feed of that show to my huge list for weekly checking. I also downloaded previous episode about Hynek.

About thread topic:
I was curious to notice that Nicky Campbell already had recorded audio statements from Mike Sewell (on the beginning of the show) which means that there must be somewhere previous, original interview. I just done some hunting to confirm that theory and just located that previous, original interview that started the stir in the first place. Will add it on the future list after I extract all the other bits. Stay tuned.

edit on 4-8-2011 by uforadio because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Hi Kandinsky,

Thanks for that link.

Why do you say that Mark's interview isn't the greatest interview in the world? I thought he sounded much more sensible and honest than many UFO researchers and preferred listening to his interview to, say, Tim Good on the show that is the subject of this thread (just to connect the interview at your link to the current thread...).

All the best,

Isaac

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

It was more a comment on the brevity. 9 minutes!

I'd like Mark Rodeghier and Mike Swords to agree to an interview with Tim Binnall. It could be something like the Ann Druffel mini-series that covered several hours.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   

reply to post by IsaacKoi

It was more a comment on the brevity. 9 minutes!

Oh, I see! When I listened to it, at first I thought the end was a break for adverts or music or something...

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Just returned from the city walk with my mp3 player and prepared set of audios for this tour.

Same reaction from my side too
What a shocker...9 minutes only

I just checked audio archive and I can't find even a single interview with Mark except this one (at least not the one that was taged). I have him on video and documentaries section...I do remember him in a scene talking near the desk - but can't remember which documentary is that - I tried to consider once to tag documentaries with list of guests in each one but figured out that it would take me years to finish it. I still haven't finished with the basic excel list.

About Swords he was on David Cherniak's documentary "UFOs - THE Secret History" and I do recall him from Peter Jennings documentary and he was from time to time in others.

Extended version of those interviews is available here - Kandinsky, this will be probably preety much on the avenue that you are searching for (in case you haven't seen it so far - Jerome Clark, Mark, Swords, Wendy plus special bonus - William Hartman before he died (he analysed Trent pictures in Condon report):

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

Also I do recommend uncut transcripts:
www.allinonefilms.com...
Unfortunately Hartmann is not added

Some Cherniak's interviews are available on Erol Bruce Knapp's show - STRANGE DAYS INDEED. There you can still find some good gems too - for example, interview with James Smith, son of Wilbert Smith, etc.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

I tried to consider once to tag documentaries with list of guests in each one but figured out that it would take me years to finish it. I still haven't finished with the basic excel list.

Hi

Can you expand on your teasing reference to a basic excel list?

You may be interested in my thread www.abovetopsecret.com..., particularly (in case you are not already aware of it) Arthur Engh’s website, which provides a long list of UFO documentaries with some details – e.g. the individuals interviewed in each documentary (and thereby gives a limited indirect indication of the UFO events that they cover).

As indicated in that thread, I've started doing some work on this topic myself - but (as your comment suggests) it is a rather daunting task. I've been surprised by the limited amount of material available relating to UFO documentaries.

All the best,

Isaac

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Yes, that's about the limit to the interviews I've been able to find too. I do know that Mike Swords and others have recorded interviews for the oral history archives of Project 47. Unfortunately for us, they're not for public access. I hinted to Mike Swords that an interview with Tim Binnall could be a great record of his research, but he wouldn't bite. That's fair enough although he's one of the unsung greats in the field imo.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by IsaacKoi

I tried to consider once to tag documentaries with list of guests in each one but figured out that it would take me years to finish it. I still haven't finished with the basic excel list.

Hi

Can you expand on your teasing reference to a basic excel list?

You may be interested in my thread www.abovetopsecret.com..., particularly (in case you are not already aware of it) Arthur Engh’s website, which provides a long list of UFO documentaries with some details – e.g. the individuals interviewed in each documentary (and thereby gives a limited indirect indication of the UFO events that they cover).

As indicated in that thread, I've started doing some work on this topic myself - but (as your comment suggests) it is a rather daunting task. I've been surprised by the limited amount of material available relating to UFO documentaries.

All the best,

Isaac

Hi Isaac.
Let me just to say at the beginning that I greatly respect your work and I am aware of your many threads. We do share same mailing list altough I am mostly behind the scenes on that one.

About videos and audios. I am currently in the process to transfer most of my archives (that was previously on hundreds of DVD's) to external hard drives in this stage. I started the process somewhere year and half ago. Naturaly I have finaly decided to make some kind of index of available files as I figured out few things. Once, I will be never able to watch fully videos and audios that I collected in this lifetime with great detail. So for now I have started only with basic columns - year, title, production. Maybe I will later made list of priorities to expand the list for some items. Same problem is with audios...I am still considering how to solve that problem. For now WHEREITIS catalog serves its purposes as most of files are taged (but not with great detail that I would want). Anyway, 2-3 lives wouldn't be enough, Consider the possibility, for example, to have all Coast to Coast shows taged with great detail, with all callers and the subjects that are discussing (This is just an example - I am not here considering the quality of shows - every archive should be unbiased because what ever the data is, interpreation can be possible only because the data is existant). Of course for now it is only a dream. Whole army of people would be needed for that.

I am aware of Arthur Engh’s web site and I do have plans to contact him in future and exchange some items as he has some stuff that I don't (especialy rare documentary Searching for UFOs). There are other sites like Arthur's.

About my list so far - please not it is far, far, far from over. This is just a beginning. Just for you I have now uploaded my old website with limited sections-some sublinks mayble will not work (I have taken down my site almost year ago and still updating it offline for now - I think that Dimitirs still have link to my old video list on my site).

Anyway you can check my list here:
uforadio.infiniteserve.com...

You can choose it by theme - of course ufology is the prirority list.
Excel version - with enabled filter:

But as I said it will be a long, long run.
I do intend to make sure that my archives will be there long after I am gone.

Books and magazines are also story itself. That will be maybe done in my second life

When I look Rodegheir's files in his basement, it almost bring tears as how easy it is for all of those materials to simply gone (for example if we see what happened with APRO files). And a thought without a Wendy Connors work is a scary one. And unfortunately Wendy's work was also been far from over
And it is a big question will it be ever finished as her last posts on UFO Updates dates 2-3 years ago

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
By the way guys...what do you say about those - ultra mega holy grail - archives

www.wolfvideo.net...

I do have a contact name at the University of Arizona who is responsible to give permission for any kind of request about this collection. I do remember that I tried to contact him few years ago but I was never been able to get through. Left few messages, called over phone, sent emails, altough I haven't pushed too strong.

Maybe new refreshing start would be a good idea
Is anyone else interested to independently try

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Let me just to say at the beginning that I greatly respect your work and I am aware of your many threads. We do share same mailing list altough I am mostly behind the scenes on that one.

Thanks for the kind words. I've noticed, and been impressed by, your contributions on several threads and forums. (I'm mostly behind the scenes on many of them myself for various reasons, e.g. UFO Updates due to my difficulty in getting Gmail to comply with Errol's formatting standards...).

About videos and audios. I am currently in the process to transfer most of my archives (that was previously on hundreds of DVD's) to external hard drives in this stage. I started the process somewhere year and half ago. Naturaly I have finaly decided to make some kind of index of available files as I figured out few things.

I certainly hope you share that index. While I've placed a strong emphasis on obtaining books (and, more recently, official UFO documents) because I can read fairly quickly compared to the time taken to watch documentaries, I've already got to the point that I can't remember the details of all the UFO documentaries that I've collected.

As indicated by the thread I mentioned above about getting to grips with UFO documentaries, I've started my own collection of relevant notes (in a Microsoft Word document, since I'm more comfortable with that software than Excel etc).

About my list so far - please note it is far, far, far from over. This is just a beginning.

Noted. I feel the same way about the material I've started uploading to my draft website. The problem is finding the time to do such things properly, given work and family...

Just for you I have now uploaded my old website with limited sections

Many thanks. That is very kind. Your list includes a few documentaries I haven't heard of, while my list includes several not on your list.

Books and magazines are also story itself. That will be maybe done in my second life

I've had a fair stab at cross-referencing the content of books. I shared a 2,000 page document of those references online a few years ago and those references provide the bones of my draft website. Magazines are another story altogether, but since they can be relatively hard to obtain I've not considered this a priority (although scanned copies of several key journals have become available online and on CDs in the last few years, so someone else may want to create indexes of them...)

If you start a thread about your work (whether your methods behind your impressive ability to obtain contemporary audio material or your index challenge), I'd be more than happy to contribute - or we can continue some of these points at some stage by email or U2U. I have your email address from UFO Updates. (I've avoided using your name on here, since I'm not sure you use it on ATS),

All the best,

Isaac
edit on 4-8-2011 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by IsaacKoi

I certainly hope you share that index. While I've placed a strong emphasis on obtaining books (and, more recently, official UFO documents) because I can read fairly quickly compared to the time taken to watch documentaries, I've already got to the point that I can't remember the details of all the UFO documentaries that I've collected.

I think the best thing what I can do in this stage is to send a list of complete tree from hard disc and DVD's as a WHEREITIS file (that I already have). Do you maybe have WHEREITIS software? In that way you will be able to see about 70 % of the complete audio-video-ebooks archives by file names (not perfect but it gives good insight). Other 30% I still haven't scanned with software (every tree of DVD or drive has to be scanned manualy). Also DVD discs (DVD VOB/mpg2 format) with menus that have many different videos are harder to include because DVD files have their own formated names (VIDEO_TSx*.vob) and of course real names of vides should be added manualy.

My list on the web site is very limited as my manual update is progressing very slow for the same reasons you mentioned.

Will contact you also in the next few days for other details, your list, etc I also have your email from ufologyinuk.

Best wishes

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Do you maybe have WHEREITIS software?

No, but I'll look into it.

All the best,

Isaac

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Eye-opening. The main early debunker (other than Tony Robinson, probably about 20-25 mins in) used the same logic that a lot of religious believers use, but in reverse. Blind faith, it's simply not possible for him to even begin to entertain the idea. 'It can't be possible because I can't believe it.' He provided no evidence or explanation as to why this couldn't be, just stated that it's the truth because it's the truth.

Tony Robinson was rude and confrontational, but at least he tried to at least provide a reason for why this phenomena might be reported.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Download link for audios - click and download here:
www.adrive.com...(261 mb)

After 3 weeks of intensive work, new media pressclipping project is
completed. This media wave happened on August 3rd, 2011 on different BBC
radio stations. Shows were aired in connection with alleged UFO sighting by
BBC sport reporter Mike Sewell. Audios are now preserved for historical
record and research purposes. Approximately 30 hours of audios were
processed and approximately 44 men hours were invested in this project. I
had to process manually every show and to edit and extract audios with UFO
references. Every audio file is nicely tagged. You can import all audio
files at once as a playlist in Windows Media Player if you start the
playlist file in root folder named:
Play.All.Tracks.wpl

This is the guide for the shows and folders that you will get after download
(you can find additional info in the text after this guide):

ARTICLES
- Compiled PDF of published articles about Mike Sewell's sighting

BBC Radio 5 Live - Breakfast Show - August 03, 2011 / 06:00-09:00 h
- Interview with BBC sport reporter Mike Sewell
- Interview with Timothy Good
- Interview with Tony Robinson (aka Boldrick from Black Adder)
- Listeners call and text in with their stories

BBC Radio 5 Live - Your Call - UFO Debate - August 03, 2011 / 09:00-10:00 h
- Interview with BBC sport reporter Mike Sewell
- Interview with Tony Robinson (aka Boldrick from Black Adder)
- Interview with John Challis (aka Boycie from Only Fools & Horses)
- Interview with Nick Pope

BBC Radio 5 Live - Adil Ray Show - August 3, 2011 / 22:30 - 01:00 h

BBC Radio 5 Live - All Night Up - August 4, 2011 / 01:00-05:00 h

BBC Three Counties - Jonathan Vernon Show - August 3, 2011 - 09:00-12:00 h -
Interview with BBC sport reporter Mike Sewell
- Interview with John Wickham, ex chairman of BUFORA
- Listener call in

BBC Leeds - Liz Green Show - August 3, 2011 / 12:00-14:00 h
- Interview with Richard Lawrence

BBC Leeds - Jonathan I'Anson Show - August 3, 2011 / 15:00 h
- Only intro of the show was preserved. The rest is lost.

BBC Wales - Mai Davies Phone In - August 3, 2011 / 12:00 - 14:00
- Interview with Reverend Robert Lionel Fanthorpe
- Interview with Margaret Fry, co-founder of the Welsh Federation of
Independent Ufologists
- Listeners call in with their stories

BBC New Castle - John Harle & Anne Leuchars - August 3, 2011 / 16:00-17:30 h

BBC Cambridgeshire - Andy Burrows Show - August 3, 2011 / 17:00-19:00 h
- Interview with Sarah Cockings, designer of Flying Island

AUDIO BITS of UFO REPORTS from 1957 to 2011
- Mike Sewell's usual reporting
- First interviews with Mike Sewell & Timothy Good that caused media wave
- Humanoids from Peter Johnson Files
- April 1957 - Radar UFO incident
- 1965 or 1966 - Large Circular Object
- 1967 - Flying Saucer Landed
- 1969 - Fast UFO
- January 1973 or 1974 - Saucer Flying Whole Night
- October 1982 - Lights of High Strangeness
- 1986 & 2010 - Disc & Orange Ball
- 1986 - Bright White Light
- 1996 - Fast Light
- 2005 - Three bright lights forming a triangle
- April 2010 - Light over Head
- Summer 2010 - Two spheres
- October 2010 - Orange Egg Shaped Object Landed
- July 2, 2011 - Bright Lights
- August 2, 2011 - Red Light

AUDIO BITS of UFO REPORTS for AUGUST 02-03, 2011
- 7 UFO reports plus helicopter suggestion as a possible explanation for
Mike's sighting

BONUS AUDIOS
- Ian Skye show on BBC Derby - UFO's in Derbyshire
- Gary Fildes on Kielder Observatory projects
- The Hawking Paradox
- DEFCON Hacker Conference - Las Vegas, 2011 - interview with Kevin Mitnick

--- end of guide -

Some audio pieces have references that are not always directly connected
with UFOs but they are preserved in the sake of continuity (for example you
can listen Mike Sewell's original sport report from the beginning that lead
to his UFO story).

What is new in this package? One good novelty is better research support.
For example, in this package I have also separately extracted audio bits
with important and interesting statements (audio bits of UFO sightings could
be of interest for UFO podcasters too). There are 26 tracks of audio bits.

During extractions and monitoring of endless hours of different media
stories for the purpose to extract UFO references, there are many
interesting media reports that are not directly related to UFOs. It would be
a loss not to save them too as a small record of time period when media wave
happened. This time I have even preserved some of those and you can find
them in folder BONUS AUDIO (I am especially recommending interview with
Kevin Mitnick about Hacker conference in Las Vegas).

The whole package of audio files is now available in one RAR file (link at
the top of this post - use Winrar to extract audios after download).

COMING SOON:
MEDIA WAVE ON RENDLESHAM AND COL. TED Conrad's STATEMENTS

OTHER RELEASES IN THE FUTURE:
MEDIA WAVE ON 8th Set of UFO UK Documents

Stay Tuned.

Best Wishes.

Some of my previous releases:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 27-8-2011 by uforadio because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join