It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good UFO debate taking place on BBC radio 5 live

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
A BBC sports journalist reported seeing a UFO this morning. They are now talking about UFO's and have some good debate going on,

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
sky channel 0105
lol at the guy from bargoed here in wales.
do we really all sound that valleys welsh when we talk haha

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
who let the crazy welsh guy on! lol

the guy on before him made a fair point about astronomers not seeing things they cant explain

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by welshbeliever
sky channel 0105
lol at the guy from bargoed here in wales.
do we really all sound that valleys welsh when we talk haha

"you gotta believe me boyo"

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

It's been okay so far. I was laughing at the worst debunker ever talking about 'upside down rainbows' ie sundogs. The guy he was telling had seen a low-flying object pass above him at midnight and he's talking BS about sundogs...at midnight lol!

The Welsh guy's story is pretty weird, sounds honest, but very odd account.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by kamatty
the guy on before him made a fair point about astronomers not seeing things they cant explain

But they do... I'll be writing a thread about that point soon.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   

edit on 3-8-2011 by jonco6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by jonco6

Hopefully someone's recorded it and will upload it. There's a member, UFOradio, who archives UFO-related audio and there's a good chance he's on the case.

In England we can't South Parks online; P2P or wait for the shows to hit this side of the Atlantic.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
reply to post by jonco6

Hopefully someone's recorded it and will upload it. There's a member, UFOradio, who archives UFO-related audio and there's a good chance he's on the case.

In England we can't South Parks online; P2P or wait for the shows to hit this side of the Atlantic.

You will be able to hear it again on bbc iplayer.www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   

I'll probably rip a copy and upload it somewhere

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   
I heard it just after 8am - he said he was travelling towards Stansted airport, at about 4am, and a bright light was in front and above them, he remarked to his son that it seemed a bit early for a plane to be landing. as they got nearer, and it went over them, it hovered over a field, it was circular shaped, and had two rectangular light panels on the underside.
Quite a good account I thought.
Then they had some chap on, who is an expert on UFOs, and he said that it could have been extra-terrestrial, or could have been 'one of ours' - he then said that we've had the technology since 1993, we can send men to the stars. when asked how we created these machines he said that we back engineered them from alien technology, and help from aliens. He sounded quite sane.

I was amazed to hear all this on Radio 5 breakfast show.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by CrastneyJPR

I was amazed to hear all this on Radio 5 breakfast show.

It was good for BBC standards. The skeptics managed to make themselves sound quite silly , when they were talking about upside down rainbows and other natural phenomena. I felt a little sorry for the Sports Journalist, when Tony Robinson was trying to rubbish his claims

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Thanks for the heads up.

Will listen to the podcast of the show later.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Tis online now.

Christ, I can't stand Nicki Campbell.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
This is very interesting little snip-it

What I find really interesting is the bit other guy has to say....

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by doubledutch

Thanks for posting that snippet. The "other guy" is Tim Good, author of various UFO books (including one called "Above Top Secret"...).

All the best,

Isaac

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
tony robinson...what a fool...

im shocked at the stupidity and arrogance of some of my fellow men.:

'its impossible so it cant be happening'..?!?!?

whats that guy on?
edit on 3-8-2011 by alienesque because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Good on the BBC journalist to put his sighting in the MSM - not many would have.

Tony Robinson should stick to digging holes in fields....
Nicky Campbell, although somewhat irritating at times, does at least have a general interest in the UFO subject.
Not a bad little discussion

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by doubledutch

Sounds like Nick Pope

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Thanks for posting that. I think it's interesting that the story got featured on the show. Could it be that as the witness is someone they know and trust who works with them they are more inclined to believe him? As everyone knows only cranks and weirdos see UFOs (thanks prof. Hawking)

There is still the predictable statements delivered with derisory laughter such as 'why would they travel all this way', and why would they have landing lights. Yawwn, do some research Campell! Nicky Campbell also says emphatically "they're not aliens, despite what Tim Good thinks' ! ....Ok how many books full of evidential documents have you written Nicky? I have to give him credit for mentioning the inter-dimensional hypothesis though.

As I said interesting that they had the debate at all but evidential of the stance taken by most in the media, they can't admit that there's anything to UFO's until they are given some kind of official consensus. It wouldn't do for them to think for themselves and run the risk of looking silly.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join