It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

£30,000 reward to catch twitter blackmailer!! any ats members up for the challenge?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
just read this about Duncan Bannatyne off dragons den offering a 30k reward to find the twitter user who threatened to hurt his daughter if a £35k ransom is not payed?

i could do with £30k right now so if any ats members wanna join in with the hunt for twitter user Yuri Vasilyev from moscow with me we will split the cash

Dragon’s Den’ star Duncan Bannatyne has offered a £30k reward on Twitter to catch the culprit who has threatened to hurt his daughter.

According to Bannatyne’s Twitter page, the Dragon spent Tuesday afternoon asking his 371, 653 followers to help hunt down blackmailer ‘Yuri Vasilyev’ who demanded £35k in return for not hurting the millionaire’s 25-year-old daughter Hollie.

The original threat from a Pastebin message was reportedly posted on Twitter by the blackmailer yesterday. It read: “Dear Dragon. My name is Yuri Vasilyev and I’m looking for a £35,000 investment to stop us hurting your Hollie Bannatyne.”

“We will bring hurt and pain into your life. We are watching her. She is very attractive. Want photos?”

“Tweet using the #4money to confirm payment will be made.”

Bannatyne is reported to have replied with: “I offer 25,000 pounds reward for the capture of the coward who calls himself @yurivasilyev. Double if his arms are broken first.”

That threatening tweet offering £50k to maim the blackmailer has now been removed. However, he has raised his initial reward to £30k.

The Dragon’s loyal Twitter followers have been quick to help him with providing online information about the blackmailer.

Bannatyne later claimed on Twitter that he had traced the IP address of Vasilyev to an Internet cafe in Moscow, and says his daughter has got police protection.

The £30k offer for the elusive user’s arrest still stands at the time of writing.

link to full story...
uk.news.yahoo.com...

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Sorry i cant help You...I'm out!

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, wait is this real? AHAHAHAHAHAHAH

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   
I wonder what this russian has done in the past to receive such a threat.
I bet he is no innocent one.
Im like Misterlondon, im out of this, especially when it involves crazy russians and vodka

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
I can"t really help much. But I will say this. Any one who threatens another persons child, no matter how old. should just disappear some night never to be heard from again. It could happen. It doesn't matter who or what the parent has done, You don"t visit the sin of the father upon the child

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   
I shall deliver this..

To a certain place...

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by meathed

misterlonder said "im out" because its their catchphrase on the show.
watch dragons den on youtube and see what im on about

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   
See... i reckon this should be relativley ease to track the guy...

i just dont wanna get Russian mafia'ed at the other side... so i would not be doing it through Twitter... you think there is a personal email address to get duncan on??

Also... if i can get him i might need to up the cash offer... he is loaded

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by welshbeliever
just read this about Duncan Bannatyne off dragons den offering a 30k reward to find the twitter user who threatened to hurt his daughter if a £35k ransom is not payed?

It is for this reason I am OUT!

What goes around comes around, this man is incredibly ruthless and does not care about anyone but himself, he would sell his own grandmother to make money. Perhaps with something like this happening it will force him to look deeper in to his soul and see that there is more to life than profiting from exploiting others.

That said I do not wish any harm to his daughter or family.
edit on 3-8-2011 by franspeakfree because: GLITCH IN THE MATRIX

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by welshbeliever
reply to post by meathed

misterlonder said "im out" because its their catchphrase on the show.
watch dragons den on youtube and see what im on about

Well " im out" anyway, as im not chasing after a crazy blackmailer from moscow.
So even if i miss understood the phrase" im out " well,,,,,,,,,, im still out.
And no thanks, i wont watch any youtube footage as i have already wasted enough time on crazy russian want to be kidnappers

edit on 3-8-2011 by meathed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   
nice to see all you americans are still scared of the russians

i wouldnt have a clue how to go about finding who it was that sent those threats but as loads of people jumped on the 8/3/11 creepy website code and dug up so much info on the people that turned out to be a big joke for no gains. i thought some of them COULD probably find out who it was for some cash.

if you dont like it or too scared then dont read or comment

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   
only three people on face-book with that name, not sure how that could help because we dont know if he has a facebook account

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
The emails have been back tracked to an internet cafe.. so first see if there is security in the cafe...second see if there is security outside... totally straight forward....

next whatever the email provider is raise a query with them (being duncan and silly rich) request the user detials of the email user (the details used to create the account)

check with the internet cafe for other usage that day on the same machine, will most likley have logs if not a proxy logging everything, may get more details on the user that way.

ask the local ISP's in moscow to check for usage of that email address through there servers from diffrent IP addresses.

i reckon with a minimum of double whats he's asking i could have him found within 48 hours!! duncan has enough cash to force the hand of authorities/business owners/ isp's would be a walk in the park...

you have an email address and the IP address so a relativley local locataion for the user... you could breeze through this.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
looks like the twitter detectives already got a fair bit of info..
twitter.com...#!/DuncanBannatyne

new topics

top topics

join