It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worries of Mega-Tsunami! 720 Earthquakes On El Hierro (Canary islands) In One Week!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarkSarcasm
The black and white image is quite disturbing. Does anyone else think that the island may be the southern edge of an enormous caldera. The edge is almost perfectly circular like what would be seen in a crater or well formed caldera, only enormous.

Compare to other Calderadas it is a small one!

But yes, this is a old Vulcano, the Teide in Tenerife is the actual Point of the Hole!
edit on 3-8-2011 by Human0815 because: spell

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon

Nice thread arken, you are correct, this island poses are real danger, especially to the uk. A tsunami generated there would devastate the south coast if England. (among other places)

That kind of s**ks as I live in Brighton, Higher ground anybody? Seems to be quite a high number of Earthquakes recently, the huge one off the coast of Japan, the 7000+ in New Zealand. Not sure if it all means something but defiantly something to keep watching.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arken
No. I don't. I think that prevention is better than cure!

VIVA THE CURE!

sorry - couldnt help it

PS - interesting thread and debate

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
But the earthquakes are occurring at a different volcano than the one McQuire thinks can cause a megatsunami. A volcano 50 miles away from the one McQuire thinks can cause a megatsunami.

edit on 8/3/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

Okey, I'm puzzled by this. So, the earthquakes can't be felt fifty miles away? I mean, if the grounds shaking, seems as though it would still have an effect on the ground of the volcano that will cause the megatsunami It's already slipped once, a few feet if I remember right from the show that talked about this. Doesn't seem that all these quakes even if they are 50 miles away would be helping matters.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Geologists S. Day and S. Ward consider that a megatsunami could be generated during a future eruption involving the Cumbre Vieja on the volcanic ocean island of La Palma, in the Canary Islands, Spain.[13][14] The last Cumbre Vieja eruption occurred in 1971 at the southern end of the sub-aerial section without any movement. The section affected by the 1949 eruption is currently stationary and does not appear to have moved since the initial rupture.[16] Geologists and volcanologists also disagree about whether an eruption on the Cumbre Vieja would cause a single large gravitational landslide or a series of smaller landslides. a Palma is currently the most volcanically active island in the Canary Islands Archipelago. It is likely that several eruptions would be required before failure would occur on Cumbre Vieja.[13][14] However, the western half of the volcano has an approximate volume of 500 cubic kilometres (120 cu mi) and an estimated mass of 1,500,000,000,000 metric tons (1.7×1012 short tons) If it were to catastrophically slide into the ocean, it could generate a wave with an initial height of about 1,000 metres (3,300 ft) at the island, and a likely height of around 50 metres (164 ft) at the Caribbean and the Eastern North American seaboard when it runs ashore eight or more hours later. Tens of millions of lives would be lost as New York, Boston, Baltimore, Washington, D.C., Miami, Havana, and many other cities near the Atlantic coast are leveled. The likelihood of this happening is a matter of vigorous debate.[15]

en.wikipedia.org...

Americas East Coast Mega Tsunami Canary Islands explained

We need eyes open next days at all vulnerable areas ..

Here is some info for present danger in next hours-days ..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 3-8-2011 by Dalke07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I saw this on Youtube the other day regarding warnings about the East Coast. Yes, anecdotal and such, but seemingly relevant if true.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by heineken

mate, you just hit the parts no other poster has reached.....

the chinese can change the weather, they've admitted they would for the Olympics. if they can, we can, you can, I can..

surely one of us could be #'d off enough to randomly swarm 10 pointless bits till we get our real targets.....

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arken

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Arken

Why?

Does McQuire think that El Hierro can produce a megatsunami? Does any geologist?
I know you do but you see disasters behind every corner.

No. I don't. I think that prevention is better than cure!

be carefull with how far you push "prevention" it leads to things like "pre-emptivewar " and "thought crimes" etc...

on topic: this is actually a legitimate threat to several areas...its no Nibiru...HAARP....this is a tickign time bomb much like Yellowstone...
edit on 3-8-2011 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
This sounds like a HOAX!

earthquake.usgs.gov...

I see no earthquakes much less 720 on USGS.

USGS records earthquakes all over the world. Why wouldn't that many be on USGS?

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

The USGS only records earthquakes of 4.5 or less in North America.

These are very minor earthquakes.
www.02.ign.es...

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Psychic/Medium Edgar Cacey said that this would happen. He said that much of the eastern seaboard would be underwater and that NYC would be gone! I have been monitoring the USGS site for about 4 years now and the intensity of earthquakes is amazing....something HUGE is brewing for sure!

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
If I recall years ago about those islands and a volcano thats slowly asorbing water making it heavier and making the soil unstable. scientists said one day it will slip into the ocean creating a tsunami. Guess whats on the other side of the ocean. New york, miami and other low lying port cities.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Alright, one of you boys better PM me if and when you know some ginormous wave is headed towards the east coast. I like to keep up with a few monitoring sites myself, but I am nowhere near your skill levels.

I'll be ready, but you better give me some advanced warning, please. I have two cats I need to bring with....oh and I guess I'll bring the ball and chain too. ; )

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I wonder why USGS.gov has no activity listed in the area or am I missing something? link here earthquake.usgs.gov...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join