It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are We God?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by pepsi78

But we are a representational image of God, yes? And we can be united with him, no? God is sovereign and so are we, so is our sovereignty part of the image of God?

Yes but making a small replica like a little bug does not make the bug god, I take it that we are not in the physical image of god and that is only a metaphor. God is not a gigantic human the size of the universe.
It is more of a metaphor as in what god stands for, the ideas and concepts.

The dualistic nature of nature is physical manifestation of God. If you look at the top of page 4 of this thread there is a quote from the bible that said he made man in the likeness of his image, male and female. It is both physical and non physical image. Check out this awesome link: Geometry of the universe. Not that God is human in appearance, but our geometry is derived from his infiniteness. And it is also an allusion to the non-physical qualities such as intelligence and emotion.

Would you say we are the universe but the universe isn't god? We are universal intelligence. We are of the universe and intelligent. Is the quality of our intelligence and sentience collectively God?

You don;t know if the universe is god, it may be made by god, but god may reside somewhere else, above the universe. The universe implies something else
god made the universe, I don't know if god is the universe, he may interact with the universe, connect with it. If god is sovreign then he must exist outside of all of this, independent but also with the ability to connect.

Yeah I believe he does exist outside of our 3 dimensional universe. I believe you are likely to find God in the 0 dimension and the last dimension (whichever one that is). But they are dimensions that give way to the rest of them, just beyond our perception. Our 3 dimensional perspective is finite. God is infinite. 0 dimension is infinity.
edit on 3-8-2011 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

The dualistic nature of nature is physical manifestation of God. If you look at the top of page 4 of this thread there is a quote from the bible that said he made man in the likeness of his image, male and female. It is both physical and non physical image. Check out this awesome link: Geometry of the universe. Not that God is human in appearance, but our geometry is derived from his infiniteness. And it is also an allusion to the non-physical qualities such as intelligence and emotion.

I can't picture a perfect entity dualistic. It can only be one.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by pepsi78

I can't picture a perfect entity dualistic. It can only be one.

Well, I have a theory.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I would appreciate your opinion.
edit on 3-8-2011 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   

You don;t know if the universe is god, it may be made by god, but god may reside somewhere else, above the universe. The universe implies something else
god made the universe, I don't know if god is the universe, he may interact with the universe, connect with it. If god is sovreign then he must exist outside of all of this, independent but also with the ability to connect.

You're flawed in thinking that something can be made which is somehow not apart of the source of its creation. This fallacy is a reflection of the dualistic ego/separation illusion.

Go meditate, think by non-thinking, and the 10,000 things shall become One.
edit on 3-8-2011 by Fizix because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
reply to post by smith justin

That Alan Watts talk is amazing, as is all his work, i'm glad you have taken the time to watch it. It is blasphemy to think that you are not God. The authorities made sure that no one else was going to come forward and say it (after Jesus) even if they did realize it. They made a religion about Jesus instead of what he was advocating 'Christ' consciousness. Consciousness is what Buddha and Jesus had discovered and they were telling the people that they are in fact god.

I have no idea who Alan Watts is, but I have to agree with the idea of us being God and Christ Consciousness.

For the simple fact that, we have the capability of creating anything we can imagine possible.

This brings me back to the thread Anything you can imagine exist..

If it makes perfect sense, then you be sure there is something to it.

Simply amazing the thought of all this.

Peace
edit on 4-8-2011 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Inner Peace 2012

Did you listen to the whole talk?
Alan Watts is brilliant at dispelling assumptions, false beliefs, he was a philosopher and Buddhist. He is great to listen to (on youtube) with his lovely British accent and he is very amusing too.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

Just listening to the fella right now. And man is he putting it out nicely with that scenery and the voice.

This is like the conglomerate summary of world philosophy and religions. The kinda stuff "they" don't want you to know.

Thanks so much for sharing...

edit on 4-8-2011 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by InnerPeace2012

Yes, he wrote a book called 'The Taboo against knowing who you are', it is a secret, hidden knowledge that 'they' don't want you to know.
I'm glad you are enjoying it.
And you are very welcome, it is always my pleasure.

Namaste.
edit on 4-8-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb
lol. Have you ever had telepathic communication?

Siddhis (spiritual powers) have no inherent value. They're like parlor tricks.

So you're saying we're not God, but within us is the 0 dimension and that makes us partly ineffable and infinite?

Part of the Infinite, yes, obviously. That doesn't make us God. That makes us a piece of God like everything else.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by TravelerintheDark

What does that mean? If they occur, aren't they valuable?

Do you believe in faith based healing? What about faith based manifestation?

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

I don't believe they have value in that they are too easy to get caught up in. They are potentially ego traps and can inhibit spiritual progress in that sense and so I try to disregard them. That doesn't mean they can't be utilized, but that will tend to generate karmic attachments which then need to be dealt with unless one is advanced enough to be able to see another person's karma and so perform only right action.

I do. And if I take your meaning correctly, yes I believe we can to a generally to a small degree influence the outcome of a situation though this seems to work best when the outcome isn't supposed and with a large group of people. Such as the New York lottery coming up 911 on the anniversary of 9/11. I don't believe that was pure coincidence but was also not intentional.

I believe I see where you are going with this. If we can influence reality then we must be God, right? I don't believe so, no. Any influence we exert is over an outcome doesn't exclude the existence of any other possible outcome. In other words it doesn't mean we actually created reality as much as we influenced the course. If that makes sense.

Like I said, we are within the whole of infinity but that doesn't make us infinite. It just makes us a very small piece of a very large puzzle.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   

I don't believe they have value in that they are too easy to get caught up in. They are potentially ego traps and can inhibit spiritual progress in that sense and so I try to disregard them. That doesn't mean they can't be utilized, but that will tend to generate karmic attachments which then need to be dealt with unless one is advanced enough to be able to see another person's karma and so perform only right action.

Oh, I got ya. I wholly agree.

I do. And if I take your meaning correctly, yes I believe we can to a generally to a small degree influence the outcome of a situation though this seems to work best when the outcome isn't supposed and with a large group of people. Such as the New York lottery coming up 911 on the anniversary of 9/11. I don't believe that was pure coincidence but was also not intentional.

I believe I see where you are going with this. If we can influence reality then we must be God, right? I don't believe so, no. Any influence we exert is over an outcome doesn't exclude the existence of any other possible outcome. In other words it doesn't mean we actually created reality as much as we influenced the course. If that makes sense.

Like I said, we are within the whole of infinity but that doesn't make us infinite. It just makes us a very small piece of a very large puzzle.

But we are a part of the essence of infinity, yes?

I'm not trying to support my theory when I speak of faith based healing and manifestation, I'm just trying to support faith based healing and manifestation at that point. I myself have had several occurrences of manifestation and one of healing. I won $100 in the lottery when I don't even play. I just knew I was going to win. It is an odd feeling. Knowing something is going to happen before it does. That's just one of several instances. Its hard to do this regularly, because I think there are some rules that apply. For one, if the manifestation would drastically alter the life course of another being, then it wouldn't be allowed. If it were allowed, your Karma would be too great to handle. I think that's the main barrier.

I think faith based manifestation and healing is supported by quantum mechanics. Collapsing a possibility into a probability by being aware of the possibility. You just adjust your view on what you think is probable from what is possible, and you get a different outcome.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

Yes, we are part of the essence of the infinite and in ways a reflection of that. But we aren't the mirror just a fragment of something that includes not only every thing but every possible thing. I do understand your viewpoint in the OP but I do disagree on the basis that such suppositions are just another ego game and the Self is beyond all ego. But yes we are very much a part of it.

I agree that siddhis are quite fascinating when they manifest but that makes them all the more dangerous. The one thing I see as their value is as a sort of marker about where we are but nothing more. And they are controllable with enough awareness and progress but like you said the potential karmic repercussions are very heavy.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Yes, we are part of the essence of the infinite and in ways a reflection of that. But we aren't the mirror just a fragment of something that includes not only every thing but every possible thing. I do understand your viewpoint in the OP but I do disagree on the basis that such suppositions are just another ego game and the Self is beyond all ego. But yes we are very much a part of it.

I agree that siddhis are quite fascinating when they manifest but that makes them all the more dangerous. The one thing I see as their value is as a sort of marker about where we are but nothing more. And they are controllable with enough awareness and progress but like you said the potential karmic repercussions are very heavy.

I don't think they're dangerous. I think everything in the universe is intelligently interactive in some way. If you were to try to manifest something that would have heavy karmic repercussions, it simply would not be allowed and would be prevented by some intelligent force.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
We are not God. Not by a long shot.

It's just your ego talking.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
The best most brilliant explanation of whether we are God or not was written by a teacher of mine, in 1960's.
His name is William Samuel, he has passed on since then, but his work is still being discovered and read by many people from all over the world--- Here is a little excerpt from his little booklet that you can get for free here:

www.williamsamuel.com...

top of that page it says Two Plus Two Equals Reality

Free gift to you from William Samuel--- written 1960's and still holds totally true---

Excerpt:

"This similarity aids in understanding more clearly who and what God actually is. It paints a picture considerably more accurate than humanity's anthropomorphic concept. Reader, the arithmetic illustration will help you understand Absolute Reality in such a manner as to free you from all your troubles which are the seeming consequence of ignorance concerning Reality, God.

Examine these parallels. God is spiritual and not material. The principle of arithmetic is not material either. It cannot be seen or weighed on a scale. It cannot be felt or picked up by the hand.

God is omnipresent. You can understand the all-presence of God by contemplating the omnipresence of arithmetic. The principle of arithmetic is everywhere, isn't it? Two plus two is four right where you are this minute. So is everything concerning the principle of arithmetic. It is all at the top of Mount Everest and under the waters of the sea. If one were on the moon or at the bottom of a well, the principle of arithmetic would be there too. There is no place in the universe one can go to escape the principle. It is everywhere, every bit, perfectly present; nowhere is it the least bit absent.

I am sure you cannot imagine a place where addition is present but subtraction is absent or where everything is present except the number five or where two plus two is four and a half. Just as one can easily understand that the entire principle of arithmetic is perfectly present everywhere, so can one comprehend the omnipresent perfection of God.

Can you imagine a personal situation so frustrating that two plus two is four would not be present there? God, Reality, Fact, Principle is present too, no matter where you are nor how terrible the seeming situation.

“Whither shall I go from thy spirit? Or wither shall I flee from thy presence? If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there; if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there. If I take the wings of the morning and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea; even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.” (Psalms 139:7-10).

The arithmetic illustration is a means by which one is able to comprehend the continuing PRSENCE OF PERFECTION everywhere."-------

He goes on to explain all this with wonderful analogies that you can relate to--

Go get the free pdf 2+2=Reality

you will love this! www.williamsamuel.com...

SweetM

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I was meditating just now, and this thought crossed my mind and I had to come here and write it down for everyone else to see as quickly as possible before I forgot about it and no one else could benefit from this knowledge.

Many of you have heard the expression, "love is all there is". You may have heard that, "we are love".

I have been highly skeptical about being able to be love, but just now I realized that love is so powerful and so much more than we are that by possessing it, the love in us is more than we are.

Our physical being is just what meets the eye. But that doesn't neccessarily make us what we are. Love with us casts a shadow over our physical body that our physical body disappears in the presence of it.

I just learned that all that matters here on this planet and all that we can be is love. You can be a physical body, but that is essentially nothing. Love is all there really 'IS'.
edit on 4-8-2011 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Why do most people assume god has to have a conscious like us. Its something way beyond comprehension. It doesn't have to be a conscious, It just has to be something that works. The universe works and it is unknowable, its infinite, It created us. Thats a logical explanation of god to me. There cannot be one almighty God, because infinite is unknowable even given all eternity you still cannot find everywhere there is and be everywhere there is.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

I believe you are on the right track to me the universe is God and all things in it we are individual pieces of a much greater whole unaware and unable to fathom how truly small a scale we actually exist

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Are you a monkey

I prefer ape or primate but yeah essentially we're all monkeys more or less. And no we're not God. This has been man's problem for ages, imagining himself as a god, as having some divine dominion over the planet to do with it whatever we want. Truth is we're barely out of the jungle on this planet, and while our species shows promise it also is still petty, greedy and wicked.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join