It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are We God?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhoKnows100
I am a child of God.
He is therefore my Father.
And I owe him everything.
I therefore choose to follow His Word through his son, Jesus Christ.

Believing yourself to be a God is therefore a direct denial of our Almighty Father, God.
And therefore He will deny you.

Genesis 1:27 (New King James Version)
27 So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.

1 Corinthians 6:17
New International Version (NIV)
17 But whoever is united with the Lord is one with him in spirit.

John 14: 8 Philip said, “Lord, show us the Father and that will be enough for us.” 9 Jesus answered: “Don’t you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? 10 Don’t you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you I do not speak on my own authority. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work. 11 Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the works themselves. 12 Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father.

Become united with God in spirit (love) and do what Jesus did. Do greater things than what Jesus did. We are all one with him. We too are in the father and the father is in us it should be evident in the works we do. Or at least that's what Jesus said.

All is one.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
If someone, someday, reach the same status as the absolute (e.g.: everything that has to be known is known), what would happen? Wouldn't that be boring? Just a thought...

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by D1ss1dent
If someone, someday, reach the same status as the absolute (e.g.: everything that has to be known is known), what would happen? Wouldn't that be boring? Just a thought...

I think they'd start over again.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
We are all love. God is love. We are manifestations of a greater love that permeates all. Through our lives we raise the whole, and move our way forward.

Love is all encompassing. It is in all things. In the sense we have the love of the creator in us we are gods. We can choose to express that love, or not. It is our path to grace, and we have our own way to find.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by stephinrazin
We are all love. God is love. We are manifestations of a greater love that permeates all. Through our lives we raise the whole, and move our way forward.

Love is the spirit. But I think it is more appropriate to use it as a verb rather than the traditional view of spirit as being a noun.

spir·it/ˈspɪrɪt/ Show Spelled[spir-it] Show IPA
verb (used with object)
28. to animate with fresh ardor or courage; inspirit.
29. to encourage; urge on or stir up, as to action.

Then spirit is the driving force behind all of life. For someone to love, they are accepting their place in the world and going with the flow. They enjoy it. It's smooth. It is the path of least resistance. So love is the avenue by which creation flows smoothly.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb
reply to post by Sahabi

Well said Sahabi. I'm glad that you are awakened. I wish others could reach the same stage of development. I see myself in animals as well. It's sometimes almost telepathic.

If you believe we are all God you might think to be more respectful to individual viewpoints and positions. If the whole is divine it is because the divine is whole. Understand? Each piece is afforded its place.

To answer your questions... All of the above, yes, maybe, lol... Yes, yes, yes, uhm...

As to the question in the title of this thread, no, we are not God. That is just an ego identification and is about as relevant as me saying "I'm a cat!" or "We are (insert random object of identification here)". We are not without God as we are within God. And in every thing is a fragment of the Universal Self, the Self that is beyond ego identification. And beyond that there is not even Self but simply the Infinite and Ineffable. That is God.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

To answer your question, no we are not.
Some discover some form of spirituality that makes them feel like a god, they think they are gods or god, that can't be further from the truth, god is sovereign, we may be connected some time to god but that does not make us god.

I was thinking about this today, how to avoid such things and don't get to a point where I think of my self as a supreme ruler of the universe no matter how successfull I may be.

In fact we as a creation are very very small, tiny, so small we are.

edit on 3-8-2011 by pepsi78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by juveous

however, given the characteristics we give God, there is no other known chracteristics in the universe that resemble even those ideas of him other than capabilities of the imaginable, aka, the minds of man.

edit on 3-8-2011 by juveous because: ineffable

Assuming E.T.s don't exist.

And do you think there is something E.T's can present to us that is beyond our imagination?

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

however, given the characteristics we give God, there is no other known chracteristics in the universe that resemble even those ideas of him other than capabilities of the imaginable, aka, the minds of man.

edit on 3-8-2011 by juveous because: ineffable

Assuming E.T.s don't exist.

And do you think there is something E.T's can present to us that is beyond our imagination?

Absolutely.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
reply to post by WhiskyKisses

You know the saying:
The devil has all the fun.

Namaste.

I can live with that. Following that logic I'm both god AND the devil! Extra points for multi tasking!

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by TravelerintheDark

reply to post by Sahabi

Well said Sahabi. I'm glad that you are awakened. I wish others could reach the same stage of development. I see myself in animals as well. It's sometimes almost telepathic.

If you believe we are all God you might think to be more respectful to individual viewpoints and positions. If the whole is divine it is because the divine is whole. Understand? Each piece is afforded its place.

To answer your questions... All of the above, yes, maybe, lol... Yes, yes, yes, uhm...

lol. Have you ever had telepathic communication?

As to the question in the title of this thread, no, we are not God. That is just an ego identification and is about as relevant as me saying "I'm a cat!" or "We are (insert random object of identification here)". We are not without God as we are within God. And in every thing is a fragment of the Universal Self, the Self that is beyond ego identification. And beyond that there is not even Self but simply the Infinite and Ineffable. That is God.

So you're saying we're not God, but within us is the 0 dimension and that makes us partly ineffable and infinite?

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by pepsi78

To answer your question, no we are not.
Some discover some form of spirituality that makes them feel like a god, they think they are gods or god, that can't be further from the truth, god is sovereign, we may be connected some time to god but that does not make us god.

But we are a representational image of God, yes? And we can be united with him, no? God is sovereign and so are we, so is our sovereignty part of the image of God?

Would you say we are the universe but the universe isn't god? We are universal intelligence. We are of the universe and intelligent. Is the quality of our intelligence and sentience collectively God?

edit on 3-8-2011 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-8-2011 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by coolnet12see

lmao. That's philosophical comedy at its finest.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Somewhere in the beginning of this interview this former atheist College Professor answers the questions of whether we humans are God.

I was an arrogant son of a gun, to put it mildly, and brothers and sisters I am here to tell you that if you don't believe in God, that doesn't mean you don't have a God, you've got a God. Your God is you, and you've got the puniest worthless God there is,yourself brother, and it's about time you got straightened out!!! There is a higher power.

Your Kidding Yourself People. You are not match for the Mighty God.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
God is the peaceful Leader of a big place in the universe. He sends spaceships towards places where 'intelligent life' does exist. On each place, a random woman is being inseminated with 'alien' seeds. That woman will bear a child, which has 'paranormal forces'. Forces to 'heal' people. On Earth the child was named Jesus. He proclaimed the words of his Leader God. Words of peace and love. Every single being on Earth praised and still praises Jesus.

That's what the Bible is all about, I guess. A highly spiritual meeting between the nation of a planet and God's Missionaries from Outer Space.
edit on 3-8-2011 by wamocha because: grammar

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by wamocha
God is the peaceful Leader of a big place in the universe. He sends spaceships towards places where 'intelligent life' does exist. On each place, a random woman is being inseminated with 'alien' seeds. That woman will bear a child, which has 'paranormal forces'. Forces to 'heal' people. On Earth the child was named Jesus. He proclaimed the words of his Leader God. Words of peace and love. Every single being on Earth praised and still praises Jesus.

That's what the Bible is all about, I guess. A highly spiritual meeting between the nation of a planet and God's Missionaries from Outer Space.
edit on 3-8-2011 by wamocha because: grammar

This is exactly my version of the, and all other, miraculous conceptions.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

My head is hurting from these infinite number of perspectives but i THINK we're all wrong (lol). Maybe we'll know the truth someday and what a day that will be. The fact of not knowing is killing me but if we don't get any closer to the truth in our lifetime I'm gonna be pissed drawing my last breathe. Then again if truth really does lie on the other side or we cease to exist it's not gonna matter anyway. Everything or Nothing awaits.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Insearch89

My head is hurting from these infinite number of perspectives but i THINK we're all wrong (lol). Maybe we'll know the truth someday and what a day that will be. The fact of not knowing is killing me but if we don't get any closer to the truth in our lifetime I'm gonna be pissed drawing my last breathe. Then again if truth really does lie on the other side or we cease to exist it's not gonna matter anyway. Everything or Nothing awaits.

Relax. Knowledge isn't all its cracked up to be. Just let go of your desire to know (thoughts are knowledge) and just have experience. Life will be much more enjoyable.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

But we are a representational image of God, yes? And we can be united with him, no? God is sovereign and so are we, so is our sovereignty part of the image of God?

Yes but making a small replica like a little bug does not make the bug god, I take it that we are not in the physical image of god and that is only a metaphor. God is not a gigantic human the size of the universe.
It is more of a metaphor as in what god stands for, the ideas and concepts.

Would you say we are the universe but the universe isn't god? We are universal intelligence. We are of the universe and intelligent. Is the quality of our intelligence and sentience collectively God?

You don;t know if the universe is god, it may be made by god, but god may reside somewhere else, above the universe. The universe implies something else
god made the universe, I don't know if god is the universe, he may interact with the universe, connect with it. If god is sovreign then he must exist outside of all of this, independent but also with the ability to connect.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join