It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are We God?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Good thread under "Philosophy" - I do understand where you are coming from.

There is no way that we can begin to comprehend the reason and the method of existence. One can talk philosophy for hours on end and eventually suffer brain-meltdown just from the sheer vastness of possibilities... and then arrive at the one unanswerable question - "the chicken versus the egg situation" - but who made God?

Many have stated the theorem that originally the Nothingness became so great that it became a Somethingness. Even so - there must have been a spark, something that triggered the event of unfolding consciousness - the call to action.

I believe that the one goal of existence is to gain experience. Experience = knowledge = growth. The-Source-Of-All-Things' greatest goal would be to grow - the goal of all life would mirror the goal of The Source. There may be many Sources - but that is a topic of discussion for another day.

Light is information. Darkness is the utter lack of information. I do believe that we are plugged into this vast energy matrix - the proverbial "Tree of Life". And all of life is a manifestation of this energy. However small and insignificant our existences are, I do believe that it has been engineered for a purpose. We as humans are capable of so much - whether our ideal state of functioning has been corrupted or whether we are still busy with a standard evolutionary path - all our experiences, suffering, happiness, humour, artistry, compassion and beauty adds to the great universal "melting pot" of experience.

I also experience recognition at times when looking into the eyes of other beings. One only has to sit on a beautiful grassy river bank, listen to the bird song and the wind rustling through the leaves, watch the little ants run around on their business, and the dragonflies touching the water surface, to experience that incredible feeling of (I know it sounds clichè but it is my reality) - Oneness with all of creation.

Star to you.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Your on the right path.

We are all "the one" so to speak.

4:44

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   
William Samuel says it beautifully:
youtu.be...
youtu.be...

Namaste.
edit on 3-8-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
I am a child of God.
He is therefore my Father.
And I owe him everything.
I therefore choose to follow His Word through his son, Jesus Christ.

Believing yourself to be a God is therefore a direct denial of our Almighty Father, God.
And therefore He will deny you.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by WhoKnows100

It is the other way around you are denying God.
You are indeed the child of God. God is a childlike entity.
Jesus said become as a child again.

Please take a look at this:
youtu.be...

Namaste.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   
i believe a thread on ats not too long about dimensions said something pretty nice, said god was the being who lay in the uttermost last dimension, which technically could 0 but i believe the guy said 8. maybe he didnt, i think i skewered it a bit but that is how i see it. try dividing by zero on a calculator, and understanding why, it helps build a foundation for the potential of what god is

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

The people that disagree with this notion do so because their association with God is the all powerful entity external to yourself that is unparallelled, especially to his own creation.

Your pantheistic position on God being the universe itself is uncommon for a lot of people because they dont look at the stars or the grass as having any answers to any of their questions, and when you look at people on the large scale they seem mostly ungrateful and ignorant. So rationale suggests people are just a bunch of carbon based lifeforms with an extremely short lifespan of intelligence per individual.

however, given the characteristics we give God, there is no other known chracteristics in the universe that resemble even those ideas of him other than capabilities of the imaginable, aka, the minds of man.

As far as existence is concerned and the poster who mentioned where did God come from, I say there comes a point in comprehesion that is ineffable.

edit on 3-8-2011 by juveous because: ineffable

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by etherical waterwave

I represent the light and the gate. I guess I am the light and the gate. Are you not the light and the gate as well as me? If not, then what has made you GOD before me. '

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I think we are both, creator and created.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Many describe God as omniscient. Are we?

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

The answer to the question asked in the thread title from My perspective: in a word, yes.

Consciousness is "God" creating the Now, all things are conscious (and Consciousness) on some level, We as Consciousness have been striving for comfort, pride in accomplishment, and also thwarting Ourself with Consciousness against Consciousness. In a game, more than anything else.

Taking this view, One sees that everyOne is equal in Consciousness if not in other, lesser measures. No conscious Being is above One. No conscious Being is below One. And behavior is the measure of a Being's quality as Consciousness.

As I see it, the goal of the Game is to afford comfort for the greatest number of Consciousness nodes. Or, if One is not so aware of Our connection - Our One-ness - One might work against this goal.

From My humble perspective.
edit on 8/3/2011 by Amaterasu because: add skipped word

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Amassuo

i like the phrase parasite

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Amassuo

quantum physics dictates that when we look at any particle closely(small) enough,it is made up of waves of light. we are all made up of the same stuff as the planets and stars,therefore we are all connected to every thing and god!
quantum physics also dictates that an atom doesn't exist UNTIL we observe it!!! THEN it exists! what this means is WE don't really exist,only if we think we do! so,the saying-'i think,therefore i am' is a beautiful truth.
we are all part of god. love is the law.
peace&repect

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Are we God? Is it a delusion of grandeur to think that we are?

Perhaps "God" (Single Universal Consciousness) has created all of these illusions, artificial extensions, unfolding dramas, chemical reactions, etc. as a test of integrity - to see if "creation" is even worth having around.

Or... maybe being God is totally boring unless there's something "to do", and all of this means nothing to God.

We are all of the same source no matter what the reasoning, so I would venture to say that it would more delusional to think that we are not God.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
reply to post by smith justin

That Alan Watts talk is amazing, as is all his work, i'm glad you have taken the time to watch it. It is blasphemy to think that you are not God. The authorities made sure that no one else was going to come forward and say it (after Jesus) even if they did realize it. They made a religion about Jesus instead of what he was advocating 'Christ' consciousness. Consciousness is what Buddha and Jesus had discovered and they were telling the people that they are in fact god.

This is the answer that I would subscribe to given my own personal mediation experiences. However, every experience to every person is intensely personally unique. Our own words are inadequate to describe the ineffable feeling you will experience when you realize this for yourself on your own path if you choose to seek it. Our thoughts are powerful things, everything that is and was part of this human construct of society (technology, progress, innovation) were driven by the catalyst of an idea and transmuted to it's physical equivalent through action. The act of observing something at all changes it, because you observed it (Double-slit experiment). If you really break down what reality is (in my opinion), is an inspiring and never-ending interaction of beautifully orchestrated possibilities being drawn to the single point of "now" through yours and everyone else's thoughts and actions. If you can create anything at all, does that not make you a creator by definition?

To say that "god" is a separate sacred entity means that he is apart from the universe, and you. But this can't really be done. Red is only red because it is not yellow or blue. But they are all part of a whole of the color spectrum. Nothing in the universe has any existence apart from anything else.

Lastly, think to yourself, when was the last time you put an image in your mind (very specifically) and held onto it and adapted plans on the way but certainly did not give up... Hopefully you achieved exactly what you envisioned, or it put you in a better place anyway.

A vengeful god is not one I wish to worship, and a truly superior being needs no worship. The world is yours....
Just my .02

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhiskyKisses

Perhaps not, we however have chosen to get a giggle or two from a subject that has the potential to erupt into yet another explosion of "I'm right and you're going to hell" comments.

I'm trying to avoid this. I see it happen too much. You can't change someone else's beliefs.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by juveous

however, given the characteristics we give God, there is no other known chracteristics in the universe that resemble even those ideas of him other than capabilities of the imaginable, aka, the minds of man.

edit on 3-8-2011 by juveous because: ineffable

Assuming E.T.s don't exist.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Are we God?

Collectively, yes.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Warpthal

Many describe God as omniscient. Are we?

Collectively. I am not God in his entirety. Rather I am A God like an angel or like Jesus. I represent God's glory by my existence. Albeit, a very small portion. Together, we make up a more precise image of what He is, and further represent his glory and his totality. But that doesn't even come close to his omnipotence and omniscience.

You take the Universe in its entirety, and you have the closest representation of what God is, but even that is incomplete. We are the body.
edit on 3-8-2011 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I had an epiphany last night while lying in bed.

I realized that we're not here to know. We are here to experience. Knowing subtracts from our experience. Thoughts are knowledge.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join