It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are We God?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Are we God? Is it a delusion of grandeur to think that we are?

I am a living, sentient, intelligent, emotional, social being living on a 'giant' rock thriving by a giant ball of highly energetic light. There are many other massive cosmic balls of light out there. And of course many other intelligent civilizations out there as well. Although I have no observational evidence of that claim, its just common sense.

We grow towards the essence of light. We are the observers of this cosmic creation. The most obvious organism that grows towards the light is the plants. But we also grow towards the light in a more subtle way. Subtly because we grow towards the essence of the light.

The light is the giver, and we are the receiver. What are we receiving? Light always, as long as our eyes are open and our skin feels the heat. This cosmic wonder that is light is the life giver. By being alive by this life giver, we owe our existence to it. The light gives us life and everything that life is. Intelligence.

Water, air, and the Earth also give us life, but those are isolated particles. Light is a brilliant wave. So we owe our lives to the most significant life giver. We are a product of it. We are intelligence by it.

Intelligence is the greatest quality of all that is alive imo. So there's got to be like some sort of code or some sort of information in the light for what it creates to become intelligent. We are the receivers of light. The light is the giver of life. The light gives intelligence. The question is, is light itself intelligent?

If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it does it make a sound? Don't answer that. We are the receivers. Without us, the light wouldn't be validated. The light needs us in this way. We validate the light. And as the validaters, we contribute, by the quality of our being, to the essence of the light. That essence is intelligence.

So are we, the cosmic receivers alongside the cosmic giver, God?

What are you?
Are you a monkey, a materialistic human, a random insignificant occurrence, or a cosmic universal being?

Do you know your place as a divine observer? Do you know what that means? Do you feel important and purposeful in your sentient intelligence?

Do you know what it means to be at one with all that is? Have you even looked into someone's eyes and saw the essence of yourself? Have you ever gazed at the natural world around you and seen God? When you look into someone's eyes do they sometimes look back at you like you're an alien and you knew they were thinking it and then they even ask you if you were an alien? haha. I'm serious.

I've heard God is with us, but just how close do you think he really is? Life is beautiful.

edit on 3-8-2011 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
if we look past all the ideas of god we truely are nothing but a cancerous growth on this beautiful earth

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

Perhaps we are just tubes.

Stuff goes in at one end & comes out the other.

edit on 3/8/2011 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Amassuo

I was thinking more like bacteria.

And this is an additional line of text.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Who are we?

We are who we are....

Who am I?

I am.

All is one, one are all.

Hope that helps.

But in all seriousness...

WHO ARE WE?

That is the million dollar question

What do I know....???

Peace

edit on 3-8-2011 by InnerPeace2012 because: *Coughs*...some clarification

edit on 3-8-2011 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Meditate and find your own answers. Far better source than ATS, I assure you.
2nd.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
My friend you are what ever you want to be.
A blight on this earth and its people or?
A shining light for this earth and its people.

But its your choice!

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I really wanted you all to answer some of these questions.

Originally posted by smithjustinb

What are you?
Are you a monkey, a materialistic human, a random insignificant occurrence, or a cosmic universal being?

Do you know your place as a divine observer? Do you know what that means? Do you feel important and purposeful in your sentient intelligence?

Do you know what it means to be at one with all that is? Have you even looked into someone's eyes and saw the essence of yourself? Have you ever gazed at the natural world around you and seen God? When you look into someone's eyes do they sometimes look back at you like you're an alien and you knew they were thinking it and then they even ask you if you were an alien? haha. I'm serious.

I've heard God is with us, but just how close do you think he really is? Life is beautiful.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Alan Watts has something to say about this:
youtu.be...

Namaste.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
we could be "god-like" to some poor bastards somewhere, someday.

but naw, never in a million years. lol.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I am god .... not your god but my own god just as you are your own god ..... you create your own reality and have the ability to create life .... the off spin of this way of thinking has numerous benefits

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   

I really wanted you all to answer some of these questions.

What are you?

Yes, life is beautiful...just know that you exist everything you see, feel and hear is an experience that will come to pass, but you will never cease to exist.

You are the alpha and the omega, the start and the finish...

Just know so...

Peace...

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

Alan Watts has something to say about this:
youtu.be...

Namaste.

At around 34 minutes

"That to know that you are God is another way of saying that you feel completely with this universe. You feel profoundly rooted in it and connected with it."

Everyone everywhere needs to have this experience.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by smith justin

That Alan Watts talk is amazing, as is all his work, i'm glad you have taken the time to watch it. It is blasphemy to think that you are not God. The authorities made sure that no one else was going to come forward and say it (after Jesus) even if they did realize it. They made a religion about Jesus instead of what he was advocating 'Christ' consciousness. Consciousness is what Buddha and Jesus had discovered and they were telling the people that they are in fact god.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   

*grins* I'm not sure about the rest of you... but I am certainly a god! A god that accepts donations, pretty eighteen year old virgins, and tithes of land!

And now.... let the flaming commence!

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Breakdown of logic here.

Light does not need us.

We do not validate the light.

Without us the light would continue regardless.

As the universe would continue regardless.

We are not as important as you think.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknowsplusone

Breakdown of logic here.

Light does not need us.

But the universe would never experience itself as existing. We sentient intelligences are the universe experiencing itself. Our creator is the one who desires experience.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknowsplusone

Breakdown of logic here.

Light does not need us.

a galaxy of stars for that cats!

well said!!

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   

My opinion is that everything is a tiny piece of god. Everything subatomic/micro, cosmic/macro, infinity, and void in its full collective is god. Everything is meant to experience reality subjectively and relatively. Life and existence on every level, both sentient and non-sentient is meant to be the ultimate observer... you, me, animals, plants, inventions, water, the sun, and even the rock.

God is described as Omnipotent, Omnipresent, and Omniscience. All Powerful, Present Everywhere, and All Knowing. To be these things, One must experience them. If not, only guessing, speculation, conjecture, and assumptions exists. In order for god to know all, be everywhere, and have all power, He must actually be all.

I am not god, because I can not create a universe. Even I can not exist 100% independently from the rest of existence, nor did I arise 100% independently from the rest of existence. I can co-create, but I am not god.

To be the ultimate observer is to be fully mindful and consciously aware of each experience of now. To be so without ego, judgement, prejudice, or preconceptions. However, ego and these qualities are needed to maintain the illusion of separation.

I do not feel any more special than the tree, for the purpose of all is to experience from our relative perspectives. It actually helps me to humble myself and love everything, because to hurt or hate anything is to do so to myself; all is One.

We already are one with all that is, we just have to let go and see it. I do see myself in the eyes of others, and also in animals and all else that I observe and experience. Nope, I've never been called an alien.

How close is god? That's up to you to decide.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by smith justin

What you are looking at is the face of God and what sees this face? God does.
God was bored looking at nothing so he put himself in two places at once, the seer and the seen. It is like compassion, he knows how the other feels.
Like quantum physics, i am in two places at the same time, i am here looking and i am the seen. To know this is to realize that it is one 'thing'. When the two become one there will be peace on earth.

new topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join