It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Truck Nuts: Do You Hold These Truths to be Self Evident?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
So, seems truck nuts are all the rage these days. After reading the article, I am better informed on the number and nature of truck nut-lovers out there who seem raging to display their rubberized ballsacks from their bumpers. I always thought there was a certain charm to the vulgar Yosemite Sam tire guards and when you see this dangling from a truck, to me it always simply said, STAY AWAY I AM INSANE. No harm there. What do you friendly people think? First amendment case or what?

“He is nuts,” says Jay Bender, a lawyer and professor at the University of South Carolina, referring to Fuda and his interpretation of the law. Bender says although tasteless and stupid, they are not illegal, and adds, “Chief Fuda is abusing his arrest powers.” He says the statute is very clear about what material is obscene and “it doesn’t have anything to do with artificial bull testicles.”

I suppose he knows what constitutes rubber bull testicles...couldn't they be hippo nuts?

Trick Trucks, a truck accessory chain, has been selling them for years and has had customers question whether they are illegal. Keith Dillard says sales at his Lanham, Md., store are hit and miss, but “when people talk about outlawing or banning them, they come in to buy them up.”

Hey, where can I get a pair?

ColoradoJens

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Technically it should be protected under first amendment rights
but they're still hideous and make people look like jack-asses

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrianC
Technically it should be protected under first amendment rights
but they're still hideous and make people look like jack-asses

Who is it hurting? I agree on the tasteless issue, but seriously, the music I hear being pounded out of cars next to me is worse than the mega-sak on the obvious tool infront of me...more laughs than anything.

CJ

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I dunno, I guess it won't be a big issue until people get hood scoops in the shape of vaginas, and have boobs as door handles.

I love the concept of freedom of speech, but it's a double edged sword and the sooner people realize that, the sooner we can focus on other things. Freedom of speech allows westboro to be stupid, then it should allow truck nuts. Nuff said.
edit on 3-8-2011 by My.mind.is.mine because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

Exactly, I completely agree with you.
In cases like this, I really wish this stuff (loud bass, truck nuts, etc) was illegal because it would make my day to day a little less annoying but I would surely have less rights if the first amendment wasn't enforced. I'll keep driving naked in my car that has no air conditioning, because its a death trap in Florida, and they can keep their truck nuts. Driving naked is first amendment stuff, right?

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
i nearly puke from laughter when i see a pair

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
The one ton company truck I drive at work has a pair of large steel nuts tied together with a small chain attached under the bumper...
That big Ford has balls of steel.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
i had a set on a van once , did not know it till some one said "you need to listen this" www.last.fm... the next day i got a set for the rear of the van. That was then this is now, now it is a sign of the times, every one should have balls. as seen here pooltoy.com...

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

Truth be told there. Truck nuts are just another way of saying, "hey, I am on the level of showing you fake plastic testicles, what are you going to do about it?"

CJ

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Imho, everyone should have two sets...

CJ

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by granpabobby
The one ton company truck I drive at work has a pair of large steel nuts tied together with a small chain attached under the bumper...
That big Ford has balls of steel.

Exactly. I for one am pulling for the ball lovers on this one. Who gives a hoot if you want to show your affection for some veiny nuts? Display as needed to make one's point.

CJ

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

I'm as libertarian as you can get. However, I don't see how hanging a representation of genitalia where all can see should be any more protected by the first amendment than displaying the actual member in public. I highly doubt that that's what our sexually repressed forefathers had in mind when they penned the bill of rights. People trying to stretch the bill of rights to include such ridiculous matters only demean the sanctity of the document.
That being said, I think those things are funny as hell and even if they offend most people and therefore are illegal, I think that the jerks who hang 'em to begin with should display them proudly whether or not they are allowed to by law. Piss on the "good sensibilities" of the Victorian remnant, and do whatever you want. Just don't bring the constitution into it.
edit on 3-8-2011 by Q:1984A:1776 because: typo

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by BrianC

Keep on keeping on there BrianC - just don't get out the car to pay a meter or something. As long as you are locked in your blacked-out window van, you are cool. Get out, beatins apply.

CJ

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Q:1984A:1776

"Sexually repressed" forefathers? Guys were nailing their field hands in the middle of no where...I guess, but those dudes had their issues too...

CJ

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by POPtheKlEEN89

I know. It is like a beacon of stupidity.

CJ

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Cant we just stumble onward with the people who get a baang out of nuts laaughing their faces off, and those who are offended pretending they arent there....?
It would be ever so much less sstressful than having a law about it.......I think this whole damn world needs to grow a paair anyways.....
We need to concentrate on the essentials and not waste our energies with this trivial #...go catch bank robbers rather than ticket someone with balls.....

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Agreed. Have you seen the latest soft velveteen skin ripples on these sacks of nuts?

Ghads. More Balls.

CJ

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
...in protest of narrow-minded prudes...

...i LOVE bu'bawls!... especially the real ones cuz they're yummy... i like mine with smashed taters and milk gravy... they even make cute little purses out of bu'bawls... yep, they singe the hair off and tan em up real nice... i always carry two at a time cuz, yanno, hate to break up a purty pair...

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

Wyn Hawks, you made me spill my drink laughing. Stop it.

Edit to add: A Place here in CO called "The Fort" serves up some mean Oysters, if you know what I am saying. Almost like a colorado calamari ball!

CJ
edit on 3-8-2011 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
If they were only seen by adults then I wouldn't have a problem with them, no matter how tasteless I find it. My problem is when you are driving down the road, there are children in other vehicles, and personally I don't think children need to be exposed to them.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join