It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"I'm as mad as hell" - Great Speech from years ago, Perhaps It kind of relates to current events?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Edit: It didn't work. Set it to go to one minute in. That's when the speech starts.

I was wondering if this relates to current events at all. I know our recession isn't the same as the depression but it's damn close. It's just the standards of living have changed. I don't know if this belongs in this forum but it certainly has to do with politics.

What do you guys think?
edit on 8/2/2011 by drew1749 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/2/2011 by drew1749 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by drew1749

he be called a right wing loon teapartier who hates obama

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

You really think so? I don't think it seems too right wing.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by drew1749

now you got me thinking in this poltical climate it could be spun either way

one group will think obama and the other group will thinks its all still bushs and the republicans and teaparties fault.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
That movie...Network ..was one of my favs back in the 70's.

Don't think it was much about political parties ,as it was about the powers behind politics.

That movie showed how the media was used to manipulate the public , and to what extremes the networks would go to for ratings. The scene in the boardroom about who was really in control behind the scenes was powerful.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Doesn't matter which side of the aisle one thinks.

That clip is a must-see for all the Lady Gaga, American Idol, Royal Wedding types that just don't seem to understand that this sh#t is serious. It seems no one mainstream, whether political or media, is listening to the everyday person. It's getting quite infuriating to say the least.

Climbing off of my soapbox now.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Beale's next speech in the film is my favorite, probably not something you want to have the volume high on if there's children about..

www.youtube.com...

top topics

join