It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exquisite odor while performing sadhana

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Since approximately three days, while performing my habitual sadhana, there's a very pleasant odor of sandalwood filling my room. This odor appears when a high state of well-being is reached. What does that mean and why this particular odor?

edit on 3-8-2011 by D1ss1dent because: typo

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by D1ss1dent
Since approximately three days, while performing my habitual sadhana, there's a very pleasant odor of sandalwood filling my room. This odor appears when a high state of well-being is reached. What does that mean and why this particular odor?

edit on 3-8-2011 by D1ss1dent because: typo

That you have reached some form of spiritual high and that pleasantness has attached itself to an earlier memory, perhaps where sandalwood incense was burning? Perhaps the western way of understanding it would be a recovered memory of some sort.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
You have a spirit guide who becomes aware of your elevated consciousness whilst in meditation and leaves the scent as a kind of calling card to let you know that he or she was around.

Search the topic of spiritual aromas on the internet. It is a well-known phenomenon. The fact that it is sandalwood suggests (although only tentatively) that the guide's nationality may be Chinese or Japanese.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by micpsi

I think he may be Hindi so you may just be a tad out on that one.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
It is just one aspect of psychic abiliity.
I detect smells that people around me don't, and for which there is no explanation, and I'm not meditating when they happen.

It is clairsentience.
Some people are clairvoyant - seeing
some people are clairaudiant - hearing

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by micpsi

That is a possibility. I've recently had vivid visions of an Extreme Orient guy performing strange poses.

top topics

join