It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i've been drinking,,, and thinking.. and i'm not happy about life..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
i'm a little tipsy,,,, dang vodka..

in fact as i write i'm sucking down another... just to help..

this life hurts,, .........................

my mind feels waisted on nothing...................

what is a good man for,, if not to do something USEFUL with my time allotted here..

why does it feel like i'm just a witness to the world,, instead of a partisa-pater

i work,, i save,, i prepare,, i understand,, but so much is byond my control................

what good is having a sharp knife,,,,, if i only cut the cheese.??

why do i have a strong mind,, if i only just need to "get-by:"???

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
You should come to the chatroom darrman, there are plenty of us in there who are just sitting around.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by darrman

you'd be suprised at how many people who are in the same boat as you.
ive got no advice, life is # etc.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by neonitus

I agree, stuff happens. Just gotta deal with it as it comes darrman. Think about it tomorrow when you sober up

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Man, at least you're not 21 about to face the real world after college. Be glad that you got to experience this much. Mourn for me and mine who face a world with little hope.
edit on 2-8-2011 by TheOneElectric because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

"these are the good-old-days"

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
darrmen... I feel for ya. I'm not going to tell you that the bottle aint the answer. *clink*.

I'm not gonna tell you to pray for the answer. (not bashing religion at ALL.. pick one)

I'm not going to tell you to divorce your wife and marry your girlfriend.

I'm not going to tell you to dump your girlfriend and go bowling...Oh..She dumped You?

I'm only going to tell you one thing..You'll find out within the next 20-70years what's on the "other side."

So will all 6 BILLION of us,plus or minus some little kids under 10. OK..51/2 BILLION of us.
Live a little..

I tell my kids this all the time... There's always someone doing better then you,and someone not doing as well as you.
Always.
We're here NOW.

But you mentioned you have a savings account...Wanna go to Vegas and try and double it?

How about investing in a new idea to make the world less depressing and make a few bucks without a pill?

Give me an idea. I love new idea's. I make chit happen sometimes.

An Idea Is a Hallucination Without Execution.
(Thomas Edison,probably one of the biggest engineering thiefs in U.S. History. Ask Tesla)

Sorry your depressed..

Like stupid? Here is stupid at it's finest. Beyond stoopid.
www.youtube.com...

Do you like American History,Rodney DangerField, and Sam Kinnison all in one movie clip?
www.youtube.com...

Just trying to cheer ya up. *Clink*

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
every moment you waste lamenting is a moment you could have not been lamenting.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I don't know what to say because I don't know you, your experience, etc. But I'll just say what comes to mind, being in the same boat as you (it seems) and also drinking! Although beer.

I've had several things going on in my life recently that are tearing me up. I have many friends I can turn to, and have talked with them about it, but they all have the same thing to say. They are probably right, but it's not what I wanted to hear. I already knew what they told me, I just don't want to accept it. So talk with your friends and any close family you have, if there is an answer, someone might lead you down the right path.

Then there are things going on right now that I have no control over, where there is no choices to be made, stuff that I just have to deal with and wait it out, and hope it gets better in the future. There is really no advice to receive, but it still feels good to get things off your chest, and talk about them with those close to you. The idea being, each little chat allows you to get rid of that sick feeling in the pit of your stomach one bit at a time. Might work, might not.

Then there is drugs, alcohol, self destructive behavior, exposing yourself to extreme situations for the distraction that provides. They all work to a certain extent, but also have their own problems that come along, and none of these things is a permanent solution. Kind of like a band-aid on a bullet wound. You may stop the bleeding, but the bullet it still lodged inside you, and you've got to take care of it sooner or later.

In my opinion being around people is the best way to feel better. When I'm alone I drink. Or listen to music so loud my ear drums feel like they're going to explode. Or go for a walk, and usually end up getting into some trouble, or starting something just so I can have some sort of distraction. Going for a drive is nice too, but after 7-8 beers, I'm at least responsible enough to take that option off the table.

I know it's hard to do something when you don't feel interested in anything anymore, but just do something. Something that you've never done, or something that you haven't done in awhile.

It's kind of like the blind leading the blind here, but figured I'd just throw that out there. I hope things get better for ya!

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
you took the words right from my mouth...

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by darrman

ohh
Fudgecicles ..

if anyone has THE annswer... U2U me.. and i will respond..

for now ,, i'm gonna try to tap the wife.. and fall asleep.....

in THAT order...

see you tomorrrow....

zen....... ohwhatagooseiam.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
This is a very dark world i know. I'm sick and tired of being so positive and trying to inform people on stuff and help them out. It makes me sick to know how many people are out there and like arguments, negative thinking patters, im sick of caring, and it seems everyone is too and waiting for the boat to sink. Maybe we need a alien invasion, a few bombs dropped, more radiative power plants leaking, some more severe weather, more earth quakes, more floods and the governments need to strengthen the poison they put in the sky. Its too late now any ways to care and to be healthy and happy. Fore those who care and are positive i give you love and wish you a happy and healthy life.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Guess that makes 3 of us drinking

Don't know what to tell ya man.....feels like we're all in the same boat. I say strap on the protective head gear, grab the duct tape and stock up on dried beans.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Well thank you unknown... I'll take that love and caring.

I didn't know he was ready to go "tap" the wife.

Peace

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Nothing I say here should judge by my intention. Truth judges us regardless of who delivers it. Take it for what it's worth. If we are judged by rightly divided truth, then we must allow its opposite reflection to make room for change in our lives. A person is the result of their own thinking and actions. My words here only have the power to change thinking if they contain truth. Making life better only requires better choices according to the law of returns. Action is required.

The more we open up to opportunity, the more it becomes available to us. Seeking reward leads to suffering. Seeking suffering leads to reward. Herein we find the secret to living. Seeking reward squanders opportunity. Seeking suffering opens up the opportunity that leads to lasting fulfillment and joy in living.

Above is the secret to the Eastern way, the truth of philosophy and the life offered to every man through Christ. Living life under self-pride is a delusion. When we suffer for others by denying ourselves, we open the hidden door to our own happiness. Love others equally and we find the solid foundation of peace and satisfaction. Stealing reward for our own selfish desires is a foundation built on sand. This path of taking to satisfy self can only lead to more suffering. When we harm others, we only harm ourselves. When we help others, we are helping ourselves doubly.

Example: Smoking leads to cancer, loss of income and missed opportunities. This is an example of taking reward leading to suffering. Working for the good our family in a job leads to the rewards of income and the well-being and happiness of those we love. Suffering an education leads to a better job. Suffering work leads to reward without exception.

Can this work for anyone in any economy? Is a person unemployed, under employed or unemployable? How do we determine the difference?

A smooth sea does not make a skilled sailor. A well traveled journey requires previous preparation.

If opportunity knocks with easy reward, run the other direction toward intentional suffering for others. Remember that you are one of the others, equally in need. All problems are then solved by the law of returns. In any economy, under any circumstances, suffering for reward opens the door to opportunity. The more we open ourselves to opportunity, the more it becomes available to us. Life is a temporal journey. Faith, Hope and Love is the answer. Jesus pointed the way by suffering every step for our good. Grace is undeserved, yet He gave it despite our many failings. His message was clear. Love others and consider God one of the others.

Prayer, humility and seeking the good of others opens the door before anyone who knocks. Opportunity follows. Truth sets you free.

edit on 3-8-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by darrman

I'm in the same situation. Things could be worse.. Just be thankful for what you have and try to live life with a positive attitude. If your realy feeling down smoke a bull and things will get better

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Sorry your having some downtime Darrman. It happens to all of us sometime or another.

I drink and scan ATS quite alot, (I'm sure it shows in some of my posts), and it can all get overwelming at times if I allow it to. I look at alot of posts from people who are just as frustrated, angry, sad, and jaded as I. Seeing what they have to say, and in this instance seeing what is being said by other members in this thread, it just seems as if we are all missplaced in time.

It has taken millenia to build the confidence of man up to the point of our accomplishment today, and it seems that all of that self confidence has only taken about a decade to tear down. What was once the land of opportunity is now the land of a thousand no's.

At times, it seems hopeless, but it's not. We have purpose, it may not be the same purpose that we associate with the heros of times past, but it is purpose nonetheless.

We can't let one another lose site of that.

Best wishes to all.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Now I am depressed because I missed out on the drinking.

I hope you are in a better place in your mind and heart.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skorpiogurl
I missed out on the drinking.

I don't know about the OP, but I'll be hitting it up again tonight, you're welcome to join!

new topics

top topics

join