It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hate to break it to you, the world won't be ending soon.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnotherYOU
Reply to post by CeeRZ

you just want to bait christians into an argument, bad op.

but i agree somewhat, once something is predicted, it wont happen.

thank you

Not necessarily, I predict the world didn't end yesterday. See! I'm a prophet now!

edit on 3-8-2011 by mossme89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

See?! It's such a good feeling to be a self-proclaimed prophet of times. No wonder so many people do it!

Ransom? HA! Those pictures are pretty public. No conspiracy here!

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Not to rain on your parade here but there is a little detail in Matthew 24 you need to consider. Everyone likes to quote this verse.

36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

But you also need to read the warning of the verses ahead of it.

32 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh:
33 So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.
34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

So what is the event talked about in verse 36? This one.

14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

Also if you consider the rebirth of a nation called Israel in 1948 is a predicted end time event then based on Matthew 24 you have this problem.

The generation of verse 34 appears to be running. And it's at least 63 years old. The end could be closer than you think.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
not to rain on your parade here but

1 Thessalonians 5
The Day of the Lord

1 Now, brothers and sisters, about times and dates we do not need to write to you, 2 for you know very well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. 3 While people are saying, “Peace and safety,” destruction will come on them suddenly, as labor pains on a pregnant woman, and they will not escape.
4 But you, brothers and sisters, are not in darkness so that this day should surprise you like a thief. 5 You are all children of the light and children of the day. We do not belong to the night or to the darkness.

Take that Matthew!!!

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ntech

Good work. For this verse:

14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

There is something that missionaries commonly refer to called the "ten forty window". It is based off of that verse. It's a geographical layout of different areas all over the world which have or haven't been reached and told about the gospel. Once it's full, we can sort of speculate that our time here is being cut short from that point on. So that's really all that we have to go by when it comes to speculating the end.

Thread about it here.
edit on 4-8-2011 by RightInTwo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I swear people on here are gonna have multiple nervous breakdowns!! How can you take something that was quite obviously a bit of fun and make it so serious, gosh!! some of you would give an aspirin a headache

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by RightInTwo

Interesting thread. But I would pose this detail. Matthew 24-14 is already fulfilled. To put it simply here's why.

No specification on the number of actual people required. Only that the gospel gets to the nations/tribes/ethnic groups of the world. So I would pose the Occam's razor explanation to the verse. Only one person per nation is required to complete the prophecy. The rest are gravy. And here's the proof for the theory.

There is prophesies in the bible that predict the return of a nation of Israel. And a nation of Israel now exists. Since 1948. Therefore that event appears to be a fig leaf of Matthew 24-32. And that would mean the event of 24-14 occurred on or before May 15 1948.

And for the other direction verse 6 states the end would not come during a war. And WW2 officially ended on Aug 2 1945. So I would pose the timeframe of 24-14 was between Aug 2 1945 to May 15 1948. A period of 3 years and 3 months approximately for the start of the lifetime of the generation.

Then that would put the start of the reign of the saints of Revelation 20 no later than the timeframe of 2025 to May of 2028. And the window of time for the 7 year agreement of Daniel 9 at 2018 to 2021. 7 to 10 years to go.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join