It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslims Are Loyal to U.S. And Hopeful, Poll Finds

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by sir_slide

The poll, which included interviews with 2,482 adults of whom 475 said they were Muslim

I don't think it's bias

...the nytimes is biased, therefore not credible... been that way for a long time... they're not the only ones but lets not get into that right now... i have a point to make here, so bear with me for a minute or two...

...the first thing i do when i read an article about a poll is search for the actual number of people polled and their demographics... what i've found, over 40+ years of reading poll statistics and the reporting of those statistics, is that the reporting of the statistics is sensationalized almost always...

...let me show you what i mean using excerpts from the article below...

www.nytimes.com...

the vast majority of Muslim Americans say

Nine out of 10 Muslim Americans said

...that is disingenous... a journalist with integrity would have reported the statistics honestly, like this: "of the 475 muslim americans polled, the vast majority say"... another example: "of the 475 muslim americans polled, nine out of ten said"... see the difference?...

...i can only presume why the disingenous do it that way - and - my presumptions are:

...1 - if questioned about why, they'll say it should be obvious to the reader that they were only referencing those polled... however, they know damned well that the majority of readers will not notice the actual number of people polled and will presume the stats apply nationwide... they also know that radio and tv news will follow suit and present the stats as if they are nationwide...

...2 - they want to paint a false picture or they want those who will disagree with the poll to easily find a way to discredit it... more often than not, i believe the reason is company policy...

I feel they are attempting to shift the image that has been put on them and doing so through actually asking people what they think and reporting the results.

...how those stats were reported (nytimes) is where i have serious doubts because they are intentionally not honest and that, imo, was intentionally done to fuel the fear toward muslim americans...

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

I think most MSM is biased, I just don't see how it could serve their purpose (if they have one). I can understand what you mean about presenting something that can be challenged which in this case probably will be, therefore subverting peoples opinions. Good point about the way in which it was reported, I just don't see any reason why the Ny times would do this, and I'm interested in what bias you believe they hold, if any. Thanks for the on topic response, I'm just not making sense out of this, are you suggesting that they are presenting a poll that can quite easily be undermined therefore angering Americans towards the Islamic manipulation of their media or....? I dont seem to follow you here

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Right now there are some bible bashers at my door trying to brainwash my brother

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by NadaCambia
Right now there are some bible bashers at my door trying to brainwash my brother

Brilliant!

They stay out of my neighborhood because it's in the ghetto, usually they get yelled at or beaten up.

Thanks for the great replies man

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by NadaCambia

Brilliant!

They stay out of my neighborhood because it's in the ghetto, usually they get yelled at or beaten up.

Thanks for the great replies man

It's amazing the amount of propaganda and rubbish they cram into those mini-books they hand out. All aimed at children through stories, music, comics, all with other political agendas crammed in. This book has something about the state of Israel and whether God was violent.

I'll give it a closer read later but looks like some Zionist crap on face-value

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Pollster to Muslim

......and finally do you regard yourself as being part of a stealth jihad 'to collapse the miserable infidel's house from within'

.............why - no mam I don't.

Well there you go - nothing to worry about!, it was only those evil Republicans hate and fear mongering again.

Which is why if you want to know the true intent of muslim organisations and what the common understanding is: you need to find out what they are thinking and saying when they think no-one else is paying attention.

Besides the US doesn't need to worry too much about Muslims taking over - the Hispanics and La Raza are allready well on their way to that. Then once you have collapsed into anarchy the Chinese will claim their new territory.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by JohhnyBGood

I find posts like yours very troubling. What do you base this on? It's hardly fear mongering....I mean really, you can say what you'd like but I feel it is the opposite of fear mongering, it's challenging a flawed perception of human beings who happen to be of a certain faith, that is all.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by sir_slide

I simply base my views on what people say and do, and what their general mindset and cultural millieux is all about.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   

It doesn't seem to me that this :'being part of a stealth jihad 'to collapse the miserable infidel's house from within' is what people people really say or do, unless you have some personal experience to share what you have said is absolutely irrelevant and meaningless, utterly meaningless unless this is what 'people say and do', which in your case is 100 per cent speculation, so please, come with something other than YOUR bias

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   

I find your paranoia slightly entertaining as well as informative.

Why is it that SOMEBODY is trying to take over the US? Is it because in your spirit you understand that Europeans took this land by force from the natives, and so you anticipate karma to show her face?

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   

It doesn't seem to me that this :'being part of a stealth jihad 'to collapse the miserable infidel's house from within' is what people people really say or do, unless you have some personal experience to share what you have said is absolutely irrelevant and meaningless, utterly meaningless unless this is what 'people say and do', which in your case is 100 per cent speculation, so please, come with something other than YOUR bias

Perhaps you should expand your information sources - because that is exactly what the Muslim Brotherhood for instance has 'said and done'.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   

And how many people are in the Muslim Brotherhood? What's that? Nowhere NEAR a single percentage of 1.7 billion??? Oh alright...
edit on 3-8-2011 by My.mind.is.mine because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine

I find your paranoia slightly entertaining as well as informative.

Why is it that SOMEBODY is trying to take over the US? Is it because in your spirit you understand that Europeans took this land by force from the natives, and so you anticipate karma to show her face?

That is what 'cultures' do - they are not individuals and they operate much like say bacterial colonies - invade colonise, exploit, kill off, supress any competition if they can.

The Western way of life is simply incompatible with Islam just as much as say Communism is.
Just as it was incompatible with the native indians way of life.

These are just the facts of life - and PC multiculturalism has been foisted on us as a means of paralysing our response until it is too late to prevent a collapse.

The NWO is simply using this to collapse the Western world.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   

I find your post really confusing, it seems very obvious that you are prejudiced. I mean really, you're bringing up the 'muslim brotherhood'? getting a little desperate no?

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   

And how many people are in the Muslim Brotherhood? What's that? Nowhere NEAR a single percentage of 1.7 billion??? Oh alright...
edit on 3-8-2011 by My.mind.is.mine because: (no reason given)

This is a great speech that everyone should hear. Tarek Fatah is a Canadian-Pakistani Muslim writer who recently beat cancer. Says he: "In the closing time that I have, I want you to focus - and I hope you can talk to your families and your friends and your neighbors - that when someone says that there is a penetration of jihadi Islamists within Canadian society, do not dismiss it as some right-wing, xenophobic, racist rant."

"Today, in the White House there are three members of the Muslim Brotherhood that influence Obama's policy." What's the problem with the Muslim Brotherhood?

In their own words: "The Ikhwan [Brotherhood] must understand that their work in America is a kind of grand Jihad in eliminating and destroying the Western civilization from within and 'sabotaging' its miserable house by their hands and the hands of the believers so that it is eliminated and God's religion is made victorious over all other religions." (Source: An Explanatory Memorandum on the General Strategic Goal for the Brotherhood in North America)

freethoughtnation.com...

Oh - and of course they are poised to take over Egypt as well - turn it into an Islamic state and resurrect the Caliphate.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   

FYI, I'm an American Muslim. Sounds like islam + west to me, how about you?

Maybe you should ask a black or white American Muslim if they feel their culture and faith are compatible instead of making yourself sound completely stupid!

We're doing just fine, for some odd reason it's people who AREN'T Muslim who say MY LIFESTYLE isn't possible...

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   

FYI, I'm an American Muslim. Sounds like islam + west to me, how about you?

Maybe you should ask a black or white American Muslim if they feel their culture and faith are compatible instead of making yourself sound completely stupid!

We're doing just fine, for some odd reason it's people who AREN'T Muslim who say MY LIFESTYLE isn't possible...

Well you describe yourself as an American Muslim with the monica 'my mind is my mind'

But that is not what Islam decrees at all is it now!?

Your mind is Islam's mind - you were born a muslim automatically unless you were a convert - you children will be muslims.

Islam means 'submission' - it means you simply accept whatever your cultural Islamic millieu imposes on you without question or criticism. - ie you are part of the hive.

Since you are living amongst the Kaffirs somewhat you may be able to take liberties - but in a majority Islamic society you would comply or be killed.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
One word will tell you the truth about muslims who have taken part in this survey-''al-Taqiyya is with the tongue only; he who has been coerced into saying that which angers
Allah, and his heart is comfortable (i.e., his true faith has not been shaken.), then (saying
that which he has been coerced to say) will not harm him (at all); (because) al-Taqiyya is
with the tongue only, (not the heart)."Go on all the muslim appologists debunk that.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
I had to laugh when the OP kept saying ''but it's in the New York Times'' ha ha ha.Doesn't Rupert Murdoch own that.If The Sun is anything to go by I am mortified that anyone would believe a word of it!Type A traitor all the way-I bet that Johnny B Good knows what I mean.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
There is no compulsion in Islam .

Why are all these non muslims are worried ?

No one can force anyone to submit to Allah .

Poll results seem normal to me but I am immune to anti-muslim msm brainwashing .

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join