It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslims Are Loyal to U.S. And Hopeful, Poll Finds

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by iamnang

Only too well my friend, and its becoming more so every day! You guys sure do know how to breed!

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by lestweforget
reply to post by iamnang

Only too well my friend, and its becoming more so every day! You guys sure do know how to breed!

Catholics are also rather good at it, you forget that. You should have a read of the poll/study, you may learn something NEW

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by lestweforget

Well clearly you don't know all too well as when I suggested you get cultured a bit, you assumed that meant the Middle East, and FYI I'm Christian mate

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by sir_slide

You could not be more wrong, i know only too well the inner workings of catholicism unfortunately!

The real problem with your poll is it lacks credibility, it would be no different than a poll ran by mormons showing how mormonism is the true path.

Stinks of bias!

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by iamnang

Cmon! Do you have trouble with comprehension? I did not assume anything! That is why i wrote specifically "I have never been to the middle east if that is what you mean"!

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   

reply to post by Wyn Hawks

I didnt write that, it was directed at me!

...oh, you're blind too?... well, you poor thang... bless your little pea picker... gosh, thats just so sad!... if only you wouldve told us, i'm sure folks wouldve gone out of their way to be accomdating...

...lemme splain what you cant see, sugar pie honey bunch...

...i was replying to iamnang... that is not you...

...still with me?... good... now, here comes the hard part cuz comprehension is required, so read it real slow and feel free to ask questions...

...you can tell whose post i quoted - because - it says "originally posted by iamnang"...

...then it references you because you were the one iamnang was responding to...

...comprende?...

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   

The poll, which included interviews with 2,482 adults of whom 475 said they were Muslim

I don't think it's bias, I feel they are attempting to shift the image that has been put on them and doing so through actually asking people what they think and reporting the results.

And seriously, you can't say that Catholics don't have very large families, by step mother is catholic and has 8 siblings, that's obscene!

the average family size for Catholics can run between 4 and 7 children. Read more: wiki.answers.com...

edit on 3-8-2011 by sir_slide because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   

As i previously stated, i do have a good understanding of catholocism, my mother is one of ten, 9 brothers!
Catholic irish. For your poll to be truly credible it would have to be conducted by a an unaffiliated source.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   

LMAOOOOOO you just quoted the assumption and told me it wasn't an assumption, sort it out fella! you assumed I was talking about Middle East no?? We're talking about Islam no? I said get cultured did I not? a term used when someone is ignorant to ways of life other than there own, encouraging them to research or learn about said way of life.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   

As i previously stated, i do have a good understanding of catholocism, my mother is one of ten, 9 brothers!
Catholic irish. For your poll to be truly credible it would have to be conducted by a an unaffiliated source.

First it was those who were polled who were "lying" and NOW it's the conductors of the poll who are biased. Pick one man!

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

Thank you for clearing that up for me, to be honest i was struggling a bit, you must admit it is a very indepth discussion. Thank you again you sound like a really nice person and not condescending at all!

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   

The New York Times deem it as credible.

Sorry to have to address it but you actually said I 'could not be more wrong' about Catholics being good at breeding, you have just contradicted yourself. 8 children is an obscene amount.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

Lol...for ANY poll to be credible would it not have to be conducted by an unaffiliated source?

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by sir_slide

The poll, which included interviews with 2,482 adults of whom 475 said they were Muslim

I don't think it's bias, I feel they are attempting to shift the image that has been put on them and doing so through actually asking people what they think and reporting the results.

And seriously, you can't say that Catholics don't have very large families, by step mother is catholic and has 8 siblings, that's obscene!

the average family size for Catholics can run between 4 and 7 children. Read more: wiki.answers.com...

so, they caught apx 20% of the people in the poll "said" they were muslim?

was this a targeted poll or a random poll?

if it was in deerborn MI, maybe they would get that many.

given the % of muslims in the US, it has to be targeted.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine

First it was those who were polled who were "lying" and NOW it's the conductors of the poll who are biased. Pick one man!

ok, i'll pick.

biased!

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

Fooks, glad to have you on board this morning. Hopefully you can help your buddy Lestweforget out, because he needs the help.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

Again if the NY times deem it as credible, that's pretty good for me. Sure it may have been targeted but the results don't lie, and neither do the people. Some find it hard to accept that Islam doesn't want to kill or convert them.

ETA: I'm of the belief that if a Muslim is asked if they are Muslim then it would be a sin to say no, so they must say yes, and if they did say no, they would cease to be a Muslim.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   

If your last post was directed at me specifically, let me just say that i dont think muslims want to convert me, control me? Well thats another story!

I think you would have to go a long way to find someone that dissagrees with your second paragraph.
edit on 3-8-2011 by lestweforget because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

Oozyism is that you?

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Again, get over yourself.

Laa Ikraaha Fid Deen

"There is NO compulsion in religion."

We can't force you to do anything at all. Nor do we have the right to control you. lol

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join