It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man, Shark Week began this past Sunday and I forgot all about it.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
And a new episode begins right now on Discovery. Hopefully I can catch the other episodes online

"Killer Sharks" airs tonight: dsc.discovery.com...

Killer Sharks is a recreation of the world-famous attacks along the coast of Durbin, South Africa, during the summer of 1957/1958. Called "Black December," these attacks partly inspired Peter Benchley's Jaws.

It's funny because all the actors have American accents

"It's the ocean Mayor, not a swimming pool, nowhere is safe"

edit on 2-8-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
no forgetting allowed!!! and check out the live webcam in the shark tank
:::digs up that thread for passersby:::

Watch the World's Largest Shark Tank LIVE! only there till August 7th, its VERY cool ♥

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Forevever

Whoa, that's awesome

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

I know right!!! I've been watching it for like 2 weeks

I haven't caught anyone feeding them yet but I hear its awesome for size comparison

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Don't worry I'm sure they will play everything plus more next year. Just don't miss it!

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Pretty much a lot of the same recycled year after year... Still interesting though. It was about the only thing on in my hotel last week. (I had a conference I was traveling for).

Wait for the Shark horror movie (can't recall the title) coming out in Sept. Basically looks like they did Pirahna 3D, but with a Shark instead...
It looks to be (like the other movie), an homage to the campy 80's horror monster flicks. (and that's a good thing). Girls in bikinis....getting bitten in half by something with nasty teeth...that kind of thing.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

That's for sure. I got that same old feeling watching the great whites in South Africa jumping for seals
it was cool though and it looks great in High Def. I love sharks though, so I'll watch whatever they put on. And I just saw a trailer for that movie. I might just have to check it out in 3D

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Forevever

That shark cam should be up 24/7 streaming live as far as I'm concerned. Why not? It's awesome and how much money could it really cost? Just think of the Ad revenue!

I'm pissed I can't watch the tank anymore

new topics

top topics

join