It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Im Really worried now!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bobaganoosh
I know what I am going to do. I know voting is pointless.

So when all of the political advertising starts piling up in the streets in 2012, I'm going to fill my yard with anti-political advertising, urging people not to vote.

Can I ask a serious question?
What will that accomplish?

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ClamChowder
reply to post by Sorayugiman

I'll tell you what you can do -- wait a little bit until you turn 18. Once you do, then go get yourself a 30-06, a shotgun, and a some other high powered rifles -- before they pass another anti-second-amendment bill, hidden deep inside some other bill, and try and sneak it in under the radar.

.300 H&H Magnum, 8mm Magnum and the like can be very effective against ballistic vests and such.

When you turn 21, save up and buy a new handgun every month. Or as many as you can per month. I would say, get a 10mm, .357 SIG, .357 Magnum, or something packing this level of power or equivalent. If you live outside California, then you have more choices available for handguns (CA has an "approved list" of handguns).

Keep at least 1000 rounds (bare minimum) of solid core, or hollow point ammunition for each firearm in your arsenal.

Be ready to protect your family and property when they finally succeed at destroying this country.

I would also suggest keeping an off road motorcycle, preferably the street legal 4-stroke kind (Honda DualSport, BMW R1200GS Adventure, Kawasaki KLR650, KTM 990 Adventure R, Yamaha Super Ténéré, and Triumph Tiger 800XC), and 5 gallons of fuel on hand.

Just in case there is some kind of evacuation, it's the only way you'll be able to successfully evacuate from a densely populated area (freeways will be parking lots, and people will be acting insane).
edit on 2-8-2011 by ClamChowder because: Spelling correction.

Buy a new handgun every month? Where do you get new hands? I have never been able to shoot more than two guns at a time. That seems like strange advice to me.

I do want to ask something. In all this gun and ammo stockpiling, who is it you are suggesting our terrified young OP arm himself against?

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain

Why do you think Obama is becoming a dictator? Would a dictator require congress and senate to come to a majority decision?

I don't like the guy either, but what's with the ludicrous hyperbole?

To have a dictatorial government it does not need to be only one person in control of everything, it can be a group of people. Look at what is happening around you, is your view really being represented, probably not unless you are brainwashed enough to play along. Playing along is what got us into this mess.

We are living in a dictatorial government realistically speaking because its a government that does not consider the voice of the people to be legitimate so they "take matters into their own hands". Elections are not based on merit or what needs to be done or what a parties platform is, they are popularity contests between morons.

I'll reiterate, a dictatorial government can have more than one person in control. Just because they "vote" doesn't mean that my views are being represented. With police brutality and surveillance on the rise its seeming more like a tyrannical dictatorship. I implore everyone to reevaluate the word dictate.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarkSarcasm

Originally posted by spinalremain

Why do you think Obama is becoming a dictator? Would a dictator require congress and senate to come to a majority decision?

I don't like the guy either, but what's with the ludicrous hyperbole?

To have a dictatorial government it does not need to be only one person in control of everything, it can be a group of people. Look at what is happening around you, is your view really being represented, probably not unless you are brainwashed enough to play along. Playing along is what got us into this mess.

We are living in a dictatorial government realistically speaking because its a government that does not consider the voice of the people to be legitimate so they "take matters into their own hands". Elections are not based on merit or what needs to be done or what a parties platform is, they are popularity contests between morons.

I'll reiterate, a dictatorial government can have more than one person in control. Just because they "vote" doesn't mean that my views are being represented. With police brutality and surveillance on the rise its seeming more like a tyrannical dictatorship. I implore everyone to reevaluate the word dictate.

What thread are you reading? Spinalremain specifically asked about Obama being a dictator for the same reason that I did.

Originally posted by Sorayugiman

Obama slowly becoming a dictator,

It does not say anything about congress.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by lestweforget

Dear lestweforget,

While paranoia may have it's place, the world is still here and will continue to be. Everybody in power is not evil, everyone with money doesn't hate those without and nothing that is going on is in secret. There is no such thing as a secret that is known by a million people or ever ten thousand. Being aware of how the world works (waking up) doesn't require fear, sheep fear. Gird up your loins and be an adult not a reactionary.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Undertough

Exactly what I was thinking...

It's not hard to be a part of the 70% of citizens that don't vote. Politicians do not want you to vote. the less you vote, the more power they have...

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Undertough

It would accomplish the line just below it.....

Vent. Its all broken, the entire system. We can do nothing to change that. Might as well just say what you have to say, maybe piss a few people off, and go to bed feeling a bit better because you got it off your chest that this is all a joke and nothing can actually be done about it.

Every couple of years we all have to endure the pseudo-smiling faces and empty slogans of some parasite running for some office. I'm disgusted with it, nothing changes.

I've voted for the last 5 years, and everybody I have voted for has let me down.

It is time to ruin the political advertising. It is money they waste in hopes of having a bigger piggy bank to waste. I just intend to make it all look as ignorant as it is.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Any American that cares about their life and their family should be very worried - You are not alone.

All you can do is be prepared for whatever. Spend some time in the Survival Forum, amazing info there...

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Signals

Any American that cares about their life and their family should be very worried - You are not alone.

All you can do is be prepared for whatever. Spend some time in the Survival Forum, amazing info there...

I'm not even an American and I'm bit worried myself...I kinda have a fair idea about America going bankrupt and the implications world wide.

This whole system should be changed for the better. I don't wanna see people hungry, people killing each other, people crying anymore.

I really wish for a better world, a world of Peace and Love.

Peace

edit on 4-8-2011 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sorayugiman
This debt ceiling, council of 13, the tea party being made out as terrorists because most voted against the bill.
Obama slowly becoming a dictator, Absolute gun control.
Im really worried guys and i cant hide it anymore. If any of you feel worried as well please share with me cuz i dont feel like i can do much of anything im only 17 and the only thing i can think of is vote but whats the point of that anymore?
Anyways some advice would be nice i guess.

I've been an adult through 5 presidents, and have seen both ups and downs, so I've got a bit of information to impart to you.

I am sorry for the mess that has been left to you by this and various other administrations. We all thought we were voting in the right person, supporting the right policies, saving the right nations, spending money wisely, and helping America.

It didn't always turn out that way. Reaganomics was not the resounding success he thought it would be, Bush's invasion of Iraq was a complete murder fest, Clinton balanced the budget but helped radical Islam gain a foothold in Eastern Europe, Bush spent all of the money Clinton saved by going to war under a false flag, and Obama kept the dream of incurable debt alive. I thought for sure the draft was going to start up again with the Iraq invasion by Bush, Sr.!

My point here is yes, it may get worse. We may have a whole generation of hard times ahead. But America is only 222 years old. We are still experiencing growing pains! I don't personally think it's as dire as all that. Most of what you see and hear on the news is slanted one way or the other to make sure it's as sensationalistic as possible. It is a right royal mess right now, but it will get better. It just may take a bit. So take a breath, go to work, take your girlfriend out to eat, and read a book.

And by all means, vote! Maybe voting doesn't really matter. Maybe that conspiracy is true. But if it isn't, wouldn't you like to be able to say, "My vote counted"?

/TOA

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
The president is a puppet post, as long as the Federal Reserve exists. Nothing gonna change for the better.
Who knows what is discussed behind closed doors.

Time and time again it is posted, NWO is for real and it's taking shape. Your freedom is taken away time and time again with every law that is passed.

Now if we don't do anything about the system, we might as well wish upon a "falling star" for a change.

Peace

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

Thanks so much for your advice and wisdom

edit on 4-8-2011 by Sorayugiman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Forget Politics, read the Bible and find the real Lord above! That will walk you through this life and beyond! This make-believe world of Man will end and anyone holding on to these paradigms will dissolve into nothingless because they hold no fabric beyond the here and now.

Walk through life as your own Drummer, a beat above and beyond the mainstream, do as you please within reason of the Law (within reason but not so literal). Create the World that fits within your ideal. Never vote, never ever vote, because voting initiates the Soul into the Machine. Do not go into Debt, that is the way the Machine grabs young souls and imprisons them; firstly by Student Loans, then by Car Loans, then by Mortgages!

Open yourself to a World beyond this one and realize that your path is one of a True Nature that will outlast the petty greedy end-game scenario that is being conducted all around you.

Teach yourself all those things you find interest in. Buy your own books, reach out to your teachers, and in the end you will find yourself as "the Teacher" to someone like yourself one day!

Have Faith! Laugh out loud! Cry with Compassion! Rejoice at Life! Pray for those less fortunate! Reach outwardly through your Heart.

Do not concern yourself with the World of Man that will come crashing down! Know in your Heart that you are Blessed with Life and that the choices you make are your own and not the Machine!

Love as many as you can possibly Love! Even yourself!

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   

The Old American stole a little bit of my thunder. I, too, have been on this earth for many, many decades and have seen many things and learned many lessons. I would recommend reading up on some history and realize how often it repeats.

Some of these scenarios from the 1970s might sound a bit familiar:

- Constant fear of a nuclear attack from the Russians
- Gas shortages. Lines at the gas stations due to the oil crisis.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0365bb5b48bf.jpg[/atsimg]
- Stagflation. Unemployment up every year, no economic growth and prices of everything going up.
- 1972 Olympics, 11 Israeli athletes kidnapped and murdered by Palestinian terrorists.
- Energy crisis. The thought was that we were going to run out of oil any day.
- Our president lied, was caught and resigned in the Watergate scandal.
- A guy named Jim Jones convinced over 900 people to commit suicide.

We've always had crises. We've gotten through them and gotten better. Some are more horrible than others. Study and learn from the past. Stand up for what's right, even if it seems as if you're the only one in the world who's doing so. Improve yourself and help others on the way.

Last thought: Every adversity bears the seeds for an equal or greater benefit.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by MensaDude

Thanks alot for your time and wisdom

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Greensage

Thank you as well i have been reading my bible and connecting with god alot recently too

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I need to start a topic but as of yet don't have my 20 posts that I believe definetely relates to all of this

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Swing80s

hey people why dont we flag this so other people can put their worries as well and we can help them? just an idea

top topics

<< 1   >>

join