It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you were a pet would you know, would you care?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
When people ask about my dogs I like to tell them: "They are my dogs and I am their human".
I am just as much a pet to them as they are to me.

We walk together, ride together, play together, sure I take care of them i.e., give them food, water and shelter but they take care of me too in other ways, unconditional love, companionship, they keep me laughing...

Animals live in the moment, it's not like they think about the past or worry about the future unlike humans.

Some people think "pets" like dogs and cats are simply emotional parasites. They don't actually love us, they only mimic love because they know it will get them what they need i.e., food, shelter...

My husband takes care of me, does that mean I am his pet?

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
As long as I can pee on their carpet, scratch up and shed all over their furniture, annoy the crap out of them while they are sleeping, whine at their back door, and get dirt all over the place, I'm down with that. Hope they don't look at me like I look at my pets. Little peckers would be outside only animals if it were up to me, and sectioned off since they tear up the yard and make it stink. Homes are so much more peaceful pet-free. Damn, that would be so nice....

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Greensage

that movie looks like a crazy Salvador Dali pink floyd trip out haha i'll be watching that tonight

animal captivity and mistreatment is a big issue, the way some people treat our fellow earth creatures is disgusting.

My view of the human alien pet thing is, we're all unique, have our own needs and desires just as all animals have unique personalities. some cats don't like to be pet. it doesn't mean they don't enjoy your company, its just their preference. just has a lot of humans don't appreciate physical contact.

It all comes down to the right "owner", if the alien species is good at reading energy, personality etc, and they know what they are compatible with, than it would work out just fine.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skorpiogurl

no it means your lucky lol

I was reading in a pet magazine that this vet was saying "pets don't have feelings, just needs, treat them like an animal and don't personify them" I was shocked by his view, my pets all have very unique personalities, especially my rats. Its not personifying them, its realizing what they already posses

I actually think my rats are smarter than my rabbits haha. I've come to the conclusion that a bunnies brain is just milk..

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by OUNjahhryn

Wow, I would not want someone with that attitude treating my animals, that's for sure.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by louieprima
As long as I can pee on their carpet, scratch up and shed all over their furniture, annoy the crap out of them while they are sleeping, whine at their back door, and get dirt all over the place, I'm down with that. Hope they don't look at me like I look at my pets. Little peckers would be outside only animals if it were up to me, and sectioned off since they tear up the yard and make it stink. Homes are so much more peaceful pet-free. Damn, that would be so nice....

If you spent the time properly training and socializing your animals you wound have any issues. their faults are your fault. remember that.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Balkan

Wow, I would not want someone with that attitude treating my animals, that's for sure.

I know right! I'm assuming its some sort of doctor/patient complex. After a while even some human doctors just see symptoms and not people. This guys probably been a vet so long that hes lost sight of why he became a vet.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by OUNjahhryn

Originally posted by louieprima

If you spent the time properly training and socializing your animals you wound have any issues. their faults are your fault. remember that.

Exactly!

We have two very beautiful very intelligence and manipulative siberian huskies. You wanna talk about shedding and fur everywhere? Digging holes? HA... However, they are trained and socialized properly and give us no grief what so ever. My trainor's motto: You can't blame em if you don't train em!

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Jinglelord

I owe you an appology, after rereading one of my replies to you.

Overboard by miles, was meant as ageneral comment after fist bit. Not at you personally.

Peace

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by OUNjahhryn

no it means your lucky lol

I was reading in a pet magazine that this vet was saying "pets don't have feelings, just needs, treat them like an animal and don't personify them" I was shocked by his view, my pets all have very unique personalities, especially my rats. Its not personifying them, its realizing what they already posses

I actually think my rats are smarter than my rabbits haha. I've come to the conclusion that a bunnies brain is just milk..

Ya I was shocked when I read the article about dogs being emotional parasites. Like your pets, my dogs have very unique and distinct personalities too.

But here is something funny with regard to animals just having "needs" or just "mimicing" human emotion.

My female sibe will be just sitting there, completely fine, relaxed, nothin going on and I will look at her and start saying, (just for the fun of the reaction), "Awwww... poor girl... whats the matter girl... poor baby girl..." like in a sad voice you know? And little by little her face will get all droopy, her ears will go back, she'll slouch. She will actually feel sorry for herself! It's the funniest thing ever!

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Skorpiogurl

we have a similar view of how to properly live WITH pets. so getting back on topic. would you mind a superior species to yourself having you as a sort of pet, or pet project.? under the rule that they will feel the same about you as you feel about your huskies?

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Yes. I would totally mind. For me, the whole issue of "control" comes into it.

Okay... my dogs and I are mutually respectful of each other but when it comes right down to it, I am the Alpha and they both know it. I command, they do, there is no question.

But as a human who has options and the ability to ask "why" and reason... nah, I don't think it would work out for me. However, someone mentioned earlier that maybe we are pets already and I totally "get" that. I find the majority of sheeple out there are content to just shut up and do as they are told.

I am not

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Yes. I would totally mind. For me, the whole issue of "control" comes into it.

Okay... my dogs and I are mutually respectful of each other but when it comes right down to it, I am the Alpha and they both know it. I command, they do, there is no question.

But as a human who has options and the ability to ask "why" and reason... nah, I don't think it would work out for me. However, someone mentioned earlier that maybe we are pets already and I totally "get" that. I find the majority of sheeple out there are content to just shut up and do as they are told.

I am not

I get what your saying. but IF an alien species came to help us. wouldn't that automatically make us a "pet project"?
We may not see them as our owners, just good will from the universe. But to them, we would bar far far inferior.

And if they come to help us, that means they would like seeing us happy.

Obviously no one would want to be kept as a pet like we keep ours, but the bottom line is that if an advanced species came to earth, helped us, and gained enjoyment for themselves by seeing us funny little humans happy. Would that not automatically make us pets on some level?

I don't think you can even get help AND social/physical interaction from an advanced species without being a pet.

If they helped us without us knowing, then it would be like when we have wildlife reserves, or species protections.

But the aspect of social and physical interaction I think makes it impossible to not be a pet.
edit on 3-8-2011 by OUNjahhryn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Personally I believe a civilization thousands, millions or billions of years older than human kind would not consider anything as pets. In my mind, I think it seems like a very primitive thing to be associated with, in contrast to anything as old as potential aliens on earth looking at humans. It's a nice philosophical idea though.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Droogie
Personally I believe a civilization thousands, millions or billions of years older than human kind would not consider anything as pets. In my mind, I think it seems like a very primitive thing to be associated with, in contrast to anything as old as potential aliens on earth looking at humans. It's a nice philosophical idea though.

A really good point! but just because they don't view us as pets doesnt mean the criteria for what makes a pet would be different

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Certainly not, the criteria for a pet is the criteria for a pet. But in reference to my last post, I would think human kind would go about unnoticed. As bacteria, viruses and generally how microbial life was to us a couple of centuries ago, such would humans be considered/not be considered by a potential alien race. Such is my thoughts on the subject at least.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Droogie

On the contrary, I think aliens might find humans to be excellent pets. Think of all the stupid human tricks they could easily teach us!

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Droogie

I don't think we are at the level of insignificance that you presume. I would say we would be seen more like primates are to us. sure they use some tools and make vocalizations, and have emotions, but they are still just wild beasts by comparison.

except we can teach chimps sign-language and math.

but within the vastness of the universe im sure there are some beings that would see us as microbes.

Ha. just had a funny thought. If an alien race came to help us, then we still see ufo's and the aliens that came to help us are like "wtf is that!"

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Balkan

I think they would find enjoyment in our astonishment.

Imagine they took us in their ships even just around our own solar system to look at all the planets. we would be freaking out and pooing ourselves with amazement. Im sure that would make them feel good to see happiness like that.

Its like when you take your kid to the zoo and see his reaction to an animal hes never seen before. it makes you feel good seeing them happy, and to see a reaction that you can never have because you've seen that animal 50bazillion times.
edit on 3-8-2011 by OUNjahhryn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
here ya go, i think they do.

Excerpts from a Cat’s Daily Diary:

Day 983 of my captivity… My captors continue to taunt me with bizarre little dangling objects. They dine lavishly on fresh meat, while the other inmates and I are fed hash or some sort of dry nuggets. Although I make my contempt for the rations perfectly clear, I never-the-less must eat something in order to keep up my strength. The only thing that keeps me going is my dream of escape. In an attempt to disgust them, I once again vomit on the carpet. Today I decapitated a mouse and dropped its headless body at their feet. I had hoped this would strike fear into their hearts, since it clearly demonstrates what I am capable of. However, they merely made condescending comments about what a ‘good little hunter’ I am,bastards!!! There was some sort of assembly of their accomplices tonight. I was placed in solitary confinement for the duration of the event. However, I could hear the noises and smell the food. I over heard that my confinement was due to the power of ‘allergies.’ I must learn what this means and how to use it to my advantage. Today I was almost successful in an attempt to assassinate one of my tormentors by weaving around his feet as he was walking. I must try this again tomorrow—but at the top of the stairs. I am convinced that the other prisoners here are flunkies and snitches. The dog receives special privileges. He is regularly released – and seems to be more than willing to return. He is obviously retarded. The bird has got to be an informant. I observe him communicating with the guards regularly. I am certain that he reports my every move. My captors have arranged protective custody for him in an elevated cell, so he is safe. For now….............

edit on 3-8-2011 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join