It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous calls out "WhatIs-ThePlan.org"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
Well, the whole signing up to be anonymous thing really made no sense to me....

It was like inviting car thieves into a parking lot with barbed wire fencing, "Don't worry guys, we aren't planning on locking the gate."

I'm with you on this one. If I had the least interest in belonging to such a club, my first thought would be "WTF? I have to register in order to be anonymous?"

Maybe the plan is that this way they can reject any sockpuppets or disinfo agents, as such miscreants would surely register with their true details--just as I would....

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpringHeeledJack
reply to post by The Empty Skies

I loved "The Plan" as an idea but I have my doubts about it.

It seems to me that many are attempting to take Anonymous and steer it, claiming it for their own.

What they don't realize is Anonymous is not their personal army.

Others release obviously fake Anonymous videos and desperately link it to themselves, sometimes subtly, sometimes overtly, in hopes of garnering attention for either their cause or their person.

So many people have it all wrong. All wrong.

For example, I have personally busted a member of ATS making such videos. They even went so far as to post it on 4chan in an attempt to pass it off as legitimate. Of course, nobody bought the obvious personal puff piece but it stands as an affront to everything Anonymous is and everything it is not.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 2-8-2011 by SpringHeeledJack because: additional content

really?? you "busted" him? in that very thread? are you sure about that? really really sure??

i think maybe you should check your own link, before you start claiming things that never happened.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

I'm with you on this one. If I had the least interest in belonging to such a club, my first thought would be "WTF? I have to register in order to be anonymous?"

That was my first thought when I came across it, but every internet forum works this way. As a networking site is allows you to identify and meetup with similar minded people. You can put in whatever bogus name you want and you do not even need an email address. They have also got it working with TOR if you are concerned about being anonymous.

If these guys want to setup their own forum where everyone has the same user name and there is no moderation go for it. I have been satisfied with the structure of whatis-theplan.org

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Whats to stop the feds from acquiring a warrant for this site, asking for all the names and logs and any activity and how do we know they haven't already or are in the process of doing so?
edit on 8/3/2011 by mustangill because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ex_CT2
Jeebus. If I'm this confused, the normal unaware citizen must be absolutely catatonic with bewilderment. And we wonder why they don't want to WAKE UP! Why would they? It just makes things exponentially more scary....

now thats just brilliance at its best
best post ive read in months

also the funniest
edit on 3/8/11 by SecretKnowledge because: i want to add more superlatives. so funny that post

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   

after making a pro-Anon comment in another recent OP I was turned on to whatis-theplan(dot)org. I too thought it was odd that one had to register, but there was reasons given. The site even gives instructions on how to download TOR and some other plug for IE which will (supposedly) provide internet anonymity for those concerned.

i've spent a few long nights at 'whatis' trying to familiarize myself with how the site works, going through the FAQ and stickys, a noob coming up to speed. enjoyed watching a few pro-Anon YouTube videos on the site - i should say, i enjoyed the messages/philosophy of the videos. on a personal level i found two of three videos to be so very 'busy' with pulsing effects and rapidly changing imagery during viewing that my concentration was distracted. whether someone was just being artistic or if there is a psychological ploy to this style of media I don't know.

i did notice very quickly after signing up at 'whatis' that my PC speed decreased. this may be due to updates being downloaded, my security software running checks/test, etcetera. so this is a subject i have to re-visit before i take further steps.

what bothered me most was the quantity of email i received from 'whatis' after spending a little time there. the site utilizes a little 'hey please reply' check box system seeking feedback. one is lead to think they are interested in if you are supportive of a given topic/post, this type of thing.

each of these little reply boxes i checked off resulted in an email. each of these emails then had a URL where i could supposedly view some follow-up to my post or check. i was disappointed such an obvious method wold be used by 'whatis', as we all know what replying to Links in email may result in.

I'm thankful for your OP on this site. I thought I had been led to a bona fide website which supports the Anon philosophy. Now I think I best keep looking.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

Thanks for posting their response. I did catch some double speak though and this worries me.

They say that they need people to register because they're being attacked by trolls, but when you check out their page explaining Anonymous, they seem to approve of trolls/trolling.

I also don't like the fact that they encourage a "hive mind". The video you posted has the "hive" symbolism on the wallpaper of the video, which is a honeycomb design. I agree with people coming together, but I disagree with a "hive mind" mentality. Even the term "like-minded" is a falacy. I might like dogs, you might like dogs. In this, we are like-minded, but we might diagree on everything else. Are we still like-minded?

I'll have to sit back and see what their next moves are before I'm impressed. After all, most groups are torn down from within, so we'll just have to wait and see.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Others release obviously fake Anonymous videos and desperately link it to themselves, sometimes subtly, sometimes overtly, in hopes of garnering attention for either their cause or their person.

For example, I have personally busted a member of ATS making such videos. They even went so far as to post it on 4chan in an attempt to pass it off as legitimate. Of course, nobody bought the obvious personal puff piece but it stands as an affront to everything Anonymous is and everything it is not.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/045e33806152.jpg[/atsimg]

That one must have taken some real detective work.

Seriously though, you can't "bust" someone for making an obvious joke.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   

At any rate, thanks for sharing OP.

I hope everyone running ops under whatever banner can come together for the common good. It's time for personal interests to be set aside.

I apologize for tracking mud in all over your thread.
I have a few groupies that follow me in to every thread and launch personal attacks.
No accounting for it.

They start a cacophony of hostile attacks in an attempt to derail a thread, later pointing the finger at me. Happens every time. I hope you don't misread my intentions here.
edit on 2-8-2011 by SpringHeeledJack because: (no reason given)

You really think that you are so important that people follow you from thread to thread attacking you? Kind of like when you busted someone making a video in that link you posted? (The link that lead to a page that you had not posted on).

Not only is Anon not your personal army, but you also do not have a personal army following you to attack you.

You really aren't that important.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   

I loved "The Plan" as an idea but I have my doubts about it.

It seems to me that many are attempting to take Anonymous and steer it, claiming it for their own.

What they don't realize is Anonymous is not their personal army.

edit on 2-8-2011 by SpringHeeledJack because: additional content

where in that link did you even make a post let alone 'bust' a member of ats?
that thread you linked to the op was making a joke. he wasnt serious
he was taking the piss. he posted it as legitimate as a joke
good busting

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by freelance_zenarchist

Oh damn. I didn't realise it was that thread he was linking.

That thread made me laugh.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

I just saw via a friend's post on Facebook (FB) of what I term the 'recruiting video' www.youtube.com... I google whatstheplan site and found a warning from an ATS member so here I am.
My reaction to the video was simply laughing - what is it with these people that they make stupid videos that cannot be taken seriously, my term for them would be pablum for the masses. As a person who is genuinely interested in changing our economic system I engage in reasoned discussions with FB friends, talk over Skype, emails and in person. When we come up with a workable suggestion I shall then set up a simple web site, contact media for interviews to publicize the ideas we have developed and encourage democratic discussion on the web site. Having been on radio, TV and in several newspapers I know how to get media attention.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join