It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous calls out "WhatIs-ThePlan.org"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

This is a message to the anonymous collective using whatis-theplan.org. Your website and forum "What is the Plan" has come under scrutiny from anonymous. I wish to clarify a few things on their behalf. You cannot claim to protect the anonymity of users by forcing them to create an account to gain access to the forums. People who are curious about your site have no option but to sign up. By doing this, you collect information on your users which can be potentially dangerous. You cannot withhold information from the collective. Utilizing secrecy by withholding information from the collective and selectively choosing which user accounts have that freedom will not be tolerated. You cannot censor users wishing to create threads under any topic. Please understand that you cannot have an elite staff which controls any undisclosed portion of this site. Anonymous has no leaders. Anonymous has no ranks. Yet, your site is oblivious to this fact. If you truly wish to contribute to the internet-hate-machine we all know and love, then I suggest you change the previous problems I have laid before you. What we ask of you is not unreasonable. What we ask is that you truly embrace the body of Anonymous. If you refuse these simple changes to the site, then I suggest you prepare. Cannons are charged and our zombies are hungry. We are anonymous. Not yet you. We are legion We do not forgive We do not forget Expect us.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
When "WhatIs-ThePlan.org" was announced I saw a lot of dubious members calling out Anonymous for making it so you had to "sign up" to be a part of their "Plan". Well, it would appear that not many Anons are very happy with it either.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by The Empty Skies

I loved "The Plan" as an idea but I have my doubts about it.

It seems to me that many are attempting to take Anonymous and steer it, claiming it for their own.

What they don't realize is Anonymous is not their personal army.

Others release obviously fake Anonymous videos and desperately link it to themselves, sometimes subtly, sometimes overtly, in hopes of garnering attention for either their cause or their person.

So many people have it all wrong. All wrong.

For example, I have personally busted a member of ATS making such videos. They even went so far as to post it on 4chan in an attempt to pass it off as legitimate. Of course, nobody bought the obvious personal puff piece but it stands as an affront to everything Anonymous is and everything it is not.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 2-8-2011 by SpringHeeledJack because: additional content

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by The Empty Skies

Well, this is all very interesting!
I certainly agree with this new message and would like to see their videos posted without needing to log into the forum. We'll have to see where this divide in the idea leads.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
LOL

There aren't too many things which are funnier than GEEKRAGE.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpringHeeledJack

For example, I have personally busted a member of ATS making such videos. They even went so far as to post it on 4chan in an attempt to pass it off as legitimate. Of course, nobody bought the obvious personal puff piece but it stands as an affront to everything Anonymous is and everything it is not.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Anyone can be anonymous, anyone anywhere for any reason.

Anonymous can be used, exploited and blamed for any cyber crimes, committed by any anyone, or even a government.

Hey! Anonymous done it, and here is a video and letter claiming responsibility.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SpringHeeledJack

Oh please, this "not your personal army" sh!t is pseudo-intellectualism at its finest. Anonymous has no leaders. If a group wants to protest Scientology under the name "Anonymous", let them. If another group wants to have its users sign up at a forum so they can harrass Ben Bernanke under the name "Anonymous", let them. The only connecive tissue I can think of is the name and the V for Vendetta masks. There is no "true" Anonymous, and certainly not on 4chan or this YouTube video, only people looking for attention.
edit on 2-8-2011 by AreaJerm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by AreaJerm

Why are you attacking me? That's exactly what I just said.

Although that term doesn't even make sense.

pseu·do/ˈso͞odō/
Adjective: Not genuine; sham.

in·tel·lec·tu·al·ism/ˌintlˈekCHo͞oəˌlizəm/Noun
1. The exercise of the intellect at the expense of the emotions.
2. The theory that knowledge is wholly or mainly derived from pure reason; rationalism.

How does this relate to my post or the OP?

I don't care what a group calls itself.

ANONYMOUS IS NOT YOUR PERSONAL ARMY

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
the site is a bit wrong.. its not getting it.... maybe someone will fire a cannon up its jackise...

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Anonymous is an idea, nothing more, but thats all that is needed, and anonymous members need to stop fighting each other and concentrate on legal
ways to progress and help fight the corruption within the system. Instead all this is just wasting more time and resources.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

I gotta LMAO at that comment, infact i think i will.

(Just letting you know.)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   

No, you said that someone is trying to take Anonymous and steer it, and then said that Anonymous is not a personal army, as if to imply you know more about it than most others. Pseudo-intellectualism, and since don't have the slightest idea how to use a dictionary, I'll give you the meaning.

noun
a person exhibiting intellectual  pretensions that have no basis in sound scholarship.
a person who pretends an interest in intellectual  matters for reasons of status.

You're rehashing the same old, tired memes from 4chan and holding them up on a pedestal for any aspiring self-proclaimed anonymous. The fact that you said there are "fake" anonymous videos shows how little you actually know. There is no legitimate Anonymous, period.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   

The Plans response.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
At any rate, thanks for sharing OP.

I hope everyone running ops under whatever banner can come together for the common good. It's time for personal interests to be set aside.

I apologize for tracking mud in all over your thread.
I have a few groupies that follow me in to every thread and launch personal attacks.
No accounting for it.

They start a cacophony of hostile attacks in an attempt to derail a thread, later pointing the finger at me. Happens every time. I hope you don't misread my intentions here.
edit on 2-8-2011 by SpringHeeledJack because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Let the cyber-wars begin!

Ding, Ding, Ding...

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Anonymous is starting to get on my last nerve.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   

No need to apologize. I don't see what you did wrong to be honest.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by AreaJerm

"...There is no "true" Anonymous..." goes right to the heart of the matter and sums up the issue in more ways than one. What does not exist can't be controlled, correct? Want to call the anonphenom a cyber koan? Or consider its "international, stateless" structure as an analogue of al-qāʿidah's morphology (or lack thereof). And before anyone jumps the gun, I don't think that the cyber ciphers are the result of a radical Muslim plot. IF I were looking at links and origins, I'd look a lot deeper than the middle east. The kind of thought process capable of producing the kind of cognitive dissonance we're looking at here required a very,very long time to develop and the culture of the jihadists just isn't old enough. Ours isn't even in the running. Below link is sound of one hand clapping.

www.theregister.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Jeebus. If I'm this confused, the normal unaware citizen must be absolutely catatonic with bewilderment. And we wonder why they don't want to WAKE UP! Why would they? It just makes things exponentially more scary....

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Well, the whole signing up to be anonymous thing really made no sense to me....

It was like inviting car thieves into a parking lot with barbed wire fencing, "Don't worry guys, we aren't planning on locking the gate."

top topics

<<   2 >>

join