It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where the wild things go....(My beloved dog Magick was hit by a car and killed)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
If only everyone could have known him, the world would be a better place. He was the most delightful creature I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. He was my best friend and I was his best friend....my buddy I knew you such a short time.

You came to me full of all the wild things

You were so beautiful so glad to be alive

You made my life tolerable and never failed to fill my soul with joy

The sun shone through your eyes...full of life at its highest

You loved me so...I loved you more

Fly away Magick

Fly away where the wild things go.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I am so sorry for your loss.

Be grateful for the time you had.
It sounds like you are.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by LoneGunMan

Sorry for your loss. Your dog was very lucky to have an owner like yourself that cared for him/her so much. We do love our pets and they are better friends than our human friends most times.

Bless.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Hey LGM,

So sorry to hear about your loss.
I know what it's like to lose a dog you love so much. They are so loyal and crawl themselves into our heart, and when they leave us one day, it leaves a big gap. Sometimes they are better companions than our fellow human beings. I hope you got plenty of pics and video of him, and if you do, I hope you are willing to post some here on ATS.

Sincerely TK

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neysa
I am so sorry for your loss.

Be grateful for the time you had.
It sounds like you are.

Thank you, and yes you understand I am blessed to have known such a noble soul.

reply to post by Australiana

Thank you for those kind words. I hope I did right by him. I even let him keeps his testicles...lol. I am glad I did it let him love life so much. He could run so fast, with such joy he would bound sometimes 30 feet....he loved it. He was a black lab but had this sleeker look almost like a greyhound and swam like a 4 wheel drive duck!

One time I had him swimming in this river and he was taking a break we sat on top of this hill. Magick was on his back with his head pointing down hill when he wiggled. He figured out quick he could wiggle down the hill on his back like a snake and went all the way to the river saw it coming flipped over in a reverse tumble and got just his hind legs in the water. He then ran to me to make sure I saw it and then did it again.

That is just a hint of how this dog was. He was like that all the time a clown and a magician all at the same time.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by TortoiseKweek

Thanks TK. Unfortunately all my pics of him are on or were on a cell phone that got wet.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Sounds like a very cool, funny and clever dog. A dog that sounds like worth missing and once again... I am sorry. Damn about the pics of Magick lost on the phone.

edit on 2/8/11 by Australiana because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Australiana

He was a joy. Yeah the pic thing really bothers me, everyone used to ask me what I bathed him with because his coat was so shiny and he never smelled. I never bathed him except if he got into something that was bad for him. Just perfect Labrador genetics.

My son is an artist and is going to draw his memory of him.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Shees sorry to hear you lost the pics. So are you planning to get another dog? If you do, get plenty of pics and videos of him / her, and please I beg you, do not give them a tinfoil hat like Australiana has done with their dog....LOL!!!!

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

I know how ya feel mate.
My dog died violently in front of me, it sucked to bad.
She died from complications caused by her hip surgery, from a car accident.
We went to florida once, and my dog escaped to look for us, and was hit by a van.
She was dragged a good 200 feet, but thankfully the driver was kind enough to take her to the veterinary hospital.
She survived and had to have plates inserted into her hip.
She was 11 years old at the time and died at 18.
I really miss that dog, she taught me to never give up, just like she never gave up on life.
The vet said she wouldn't survive, even after the surgery he said she might not make it.
Screw that! she lived another 7 years, her tail wasn't suppose to ever wag again...two DAYS after the surgery and I was able to go see her, we made eye contact and she tried to wag her tail, and succeeded.

Anyway, it's hard to lose a pet, a best friend who loves you no matter what.
I'm sorry for your loss, the pain will eventually turn into memories that make you happy.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I'm so sorry for your loss.

Words can not explain how sad I feel for you.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
oh I am so sorry to hear this. I love my Dog Albert and I would be heartbroken if anything should happen to him.

hugs

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Very sorry to hear. Sure he had a nice life. Rainbow bridge will care for him now. Give yourself time to grieve and comfort your other pets, as they feel the effect of loss from a friend as well.
ASPCA on grief, loss of a companion.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
8 months ago I lost little Tessy..half chiwaua and doxy mix
she chased the bus down the fence every day.
she never left the yard
Thaf last day she ran down the drive instead of down the fence line...she beat the bus

Burying her was harder than I could imagine
I know your grief

edit on 3-8-2011 by granpabobby because: spelling

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by granpabobby
she chased the bus down the fence every day.
she never left the yard
Thaf last day she ran down the drive instead of down the fence line...she beat the bus

All of these deaths are caused by the owners not taking proper care of the animal. Your post is a clear example. You knew the dog was putting itself at risk every day but you chose to do nothing.

When are people actually going to start being responsible for their dog's safety? These are all preventable accidents. You should know where your dog is at all times, if unattended it should be in a secure area, if not it should be on a leesh.

These dogs deserved better than negligence and pitiful posts.

Lonegunman has posted before about other animals that died in his care (including one that was killed by another of his pets). It is not unusual for him to abandon his animals to fate. Unfortunately for them, I expect to see more threads in the future.

new topics

top topics

join