It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing photo of my grandfather (recently deceased)

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by SonoftheSun
reply to post by tinfoilman

Take a look at those two pics posted by Leaflock, taken a day apart :

I did that, and you may have to download this one as well to see everything I pointed out. If you want to do it yourself to double check, just take the two orig pics and open them in a program that supports layers. Create two layers and paste one photo in one layer and the other photo in another and put the layers directly over each other. Select one layer and change its transparency settings to different levels to see the differences in the pics.

As we see, this example shows classic signs of being two different pictures. Signs that the OP's photo does not show.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/08e613951a0d.jpg[/atsimg]

For example the tree on the left moves left and right between the pics. The object in the bottom left and in the middle change size and move up and down. Movement becomes a blur in the final pic. If you change the transparency yourself you can clearly see them move as you shift back and forth. I use Paint.NET. Clearly showing that the photos were taken from two slightly different perspectives.

The tree branch in the upper middle left appears to raise higher in the second pic. The tree stump in the lower right hand appears to be raised higher in the second pic as well.

And the leaves and branch on the right side of the pic clearly show the leaves to appear higher in the second pic, causing it to appear to be two separate branches in the super imposed pic clearly showing they're two different pics.

The original OP's photo however, has none of these signs anywhere to indicate that it is a different pic.

edit on 4-8-2011 by tinfoilman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   

I think you may both be missing the fact that these two pictures of deer were obviously taken from a tripod with a remote (Probably motion sensor) triger. Isn't that obvious? You think some bloke was standing there with a camera and lined up the two pics so closely by chance? LOL

And as a keen photographer I can tell you there is no way the deer would act so naturally with someone standing so close.

They are the same because the camera was on a tripod.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Shamatt

That was exactly the point. The two photos ARE NOT THE SAME.

We already knew for a fact that the two photos of the deer were different. I was using it as a control so we could see the difference between OP's post and the two deer photo and so we can see what kind of differences we can expect between two pictures taken from the same POV.

I don't know if the deer photo was taken from a tripod or not, but that proves my point. Even on a TRIPOD, as stable as you can get, there are differences in the two pics.

How did the person that took OP's ghost picture not have any differences at all?

The purpose of the post wasn't to debunk the deer photo, it's to show that the differences in it, are differences that do NOT appear in the ghost photo. How did someone stand so still for two minutes and take exactly the same shot without even the leaves moving?

Or is it more likely they're both just the same pic? One with a ghost, and one without.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Yeah, see your point, I must have had a brain fart then! lol

Yea, there are only 2 possabilities: The camera was on a table or tripod and the two pics were taken 2 minutes appart, or it is the same picture edited into two shots.

I can't ell which is the case.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Shamatt

I can't either, anything is possible. I wouldn't say it's a definite fake. Like maybe they had no wind whatsoever? I'm not saying it's not possible, I've seen weirder things myself. I've just never seen that before except in fakes. So, I'm just saying it's a possibility and pointing out why I think it's a possibility.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

I enjoy your replies and appreciate that you took time to play with the deer pictures to prove your point. Kudos to you for doing that !! However, let's not forget that the deer pictures were taken a day apart. The OP's were two minutes apart. Lack of movement for two minutes? I would assume so. But I agree with your point of view. Editing on the same picture would be a possibility. But we also have to take the OP's words under consideration. I do not personally know him but have read threads from him, posts from him and he's always pretty much straight froward. He's not a newb and he's earned respect in this community. I don't think for a second that this is a hoax. Weird ? I definitely and totally agree with you !!!

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
It seems to me we've made some real progress here. We've now got the EXIF data. We know the camera. We have some comparison shots. We know the time is probably accurate. That's progress! I'm of the opinion that the OP is NOT deceptive at all, and that nothing has been altered, photoshopped, or set up. I think he may have jumped to a hopeful conclusion and that he didn't really have sufficient context starting out. OP is not an official Ghost Hunter and he might not understand the protocols some of us would have used under these circumstances to document the case. He's also not on site, so he can't just go get more data all that easily when requested. It would be nice to know more, but OP does not have custody of the camera, so it cannot be done.

I suspect what has happened is that the camera was set on the floor "live" and it took a couple of pictures. It was in a stationary position, which explains the equal backgrounds. I do not think the pictures were taken intentionally. Think about the angle. It makes no sense at all. If you WERE tracking game (human or otherwise) you wouldn't point the lens at such an odd angle. You would instead set up so the camera had a broad sweep. In the examples we've seen, the camera was pointed at a salt lick. If you were tracking coyotes, you'd point the camera at their most likely location, focusing on the ground and about two feet of altitude.

If the camera were handheld with someone actually tripping the shutter, the two pictures would not be exact. That's impossible. Also, they would be horizontal or tilted vertical, but still squared away instead of this odd angle. I find it difficult to believe this camera was being used to document the estate, but it's not impossible.

My conclusion is that this was an honest effort, but there is no ghost, nor does there have to be.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SonoftheSun

The deer photos were taken a day apart and if nothing moved in those, I'd be thinking about buying one of the cameras myself because obviously they have some super duper image stabilization technology I've never seen before designed by space aliens or some advanced civilization lol. I'd definitely say no way.

But you're right, two minutes isn't that long. Especially if the camera wasn't being held by a person (which I don't know if it was or wasn't) So, it might have been possible. While it puts it in the even weirder category, and the I'm not so sure about this category, I don't think it's a long enough time span to put it in the definitely fake category.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I don't know what to make of it not doubting but i thought it would be better if you could have done with a heat sensor pic the way you can see blue for cold and red for heat etc

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Here are my conclusions...It was obvious to me from the beginning that these two photos were taken with a game camera, for two reasons. First, the logo...Second, the pictures are the exact same, which suggests the camera was fastened down as opposed to being held.

As to what the images show, I believe the first is possibly a bug, and the second is definitely an actual person. I don't know how often bugs show up on game cameras, but if it is big, like a locust, which I know are in Texas because I live there, then I expect it would show up. That is my two cents...I don't think this is paranormal at all.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Great shot, how old is the property?

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by KnIghtWytchh

even without the date it still didn't look like anything special. just someone walking by.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join