It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing photo of my grandfather (recently deceased)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Well Here I am....

Ive been gone for a while now, I spent last week in Texas w family , because my grandfather passed away.

I have to go ahead and say that my grandfather was a very head strong man, Native American, w a stubborn but very giving personality.

The day after his funeral my aunt went by his house to go over some paperwork, apparently one of his hats was knocked off the desk and hit her in the back of the head.

Apparently in her mind he was aggitated at her going through the paperwork so soon after his death...she left promptly

The next day they were taking some pictures to asses some of the property he had.....

These next following pictures were taken in broad daylight on his porch. The pictuers before and the pictures that followed were normal.......

Keep in mind my grandfather was a small man at about 5 foot 2 and weighed all of about 100 lbs at his death,
He always sat in this spot in the picture to have his beer and smoke his smokes.....

Another tidbit, he always wore a trucker baseball cap........these images have not been altered........

Your thoughts are welcome...

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I'd like to see the EXIF data on these pictures if you can.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
That's pretty cool. Great shot.

I don't know what to make of it though.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537
I'd like to see the EXIF data on these pictures if you can.

id love to show you but im not sure how to do that lol

It was sent to me by email........how can i help you find it

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
No disrespect to your deceased grandfather but those two photos are exactly the same. Putting a white blurr behind Tue poll isn't ticking anyone. It's quite strange how the lines of the photos match up exactly, this is extremely rare even with a tripod. Vibrations on the porch would alter the position of the camera slightly even on a tripod. If it free hand the photos detailed lines would be altered noticeably. There is no detail alteration whatsoever in these two photos.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I'm assuming the date is wrong on these photos?
Just checking!

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
What a crappy camera position....why is it pointing at the roof??? **cough**easier to photoshop**cough cough*

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

Notice the name at the bottom of the pics...Moultrie....they make game cameras. Your lying about these pictures, why would someone use a game camera...??? Im pretty sure these images will be easy to find with TinEye....il be right back

Why take it with one of these

www.moultriefeeders.com...

Thats a GAME CAMERA!

Why try and hoax people with this crap...seriously???????

edit on 2-8-2011 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Mask, I'm so sorry about your grandfather. Condolences.

Is the person who took the picture the same one who emailed it to you? Do you trust this person?

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I found the following image, which appears to be taken by a similar camera to the one which took the photos in the OP:

I have no idea what the technical explanation is, but I can conclude that a physical object standing in front of this camera can have this sort of effect. The camera used for the photo I linked to is a Moultrie 4MP Game Spy I-40 Infrared Digital Game Camera.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

I don't know or care if these photos are real or not, not my cup of tea.

But your argument about the game camera is idiotic, maybe you're new to this kind of thing but these cameras are often used in these kinds of situations as it's the easiest/cheapest way to get this kind of set up.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Im pretty sure its a pic from the site....i got to page 2 and thought id post so you can look for it too...163 pages of pics. Most probably on here.

HOAX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by bvproductions
I'm assuming the date is wrong on these photos?
Just checking!

Not if the picture was taken when he was alive?

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkSarcasm
No disrespect to your deceased grandfather but those two photos are exactly the same. Putting a white blurr behind Tue poll isn't ticking anyone. It's quite strange how the lines of the photos match up exactly, this is extremely rare even with a tripod. Vibrations on the porch would alter the position of the camera slightly even on a tripod. If it free hand the photos detailed lines would be altered noticeably. There is no detail alteration whatsoever in these two photos.

first of all , yes the date is wrong on her tag, apparently its an app on her phone

2 no insult to my family in Texas, but she can barely operate facebook muchless doctor a photo......

But thanks for your input.......

+13 more 
posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
Im pretty sure its a pic from the site....i got to page 2 and thought id post so you can look for it too...163 pages of pics. Most probably on here.

HOAX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im a well respected member on this site, I have no reason to Hoax a photo, and rarely post in this particular forum......

Healthy skepticism is good, assesments are good, calling something a hoax w nothing to back it up is ridiculous

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by pop_science

Well....i am offended when people post this nonsense knowing or not knowing....it took me 2 mins to work out this was not legit. The op said they were taking pics of the porch...nothing about ghost hunting.

The camera is a big part, im VERY sceptical, and so should you be.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leaflock
I found the following image, which appears to be taken by a similar camera to the one which took the photos in the OP:

I have no idea what the technical explanation is, but I can conclude that a physical object standing in front of this camera can have this sort of effect. The camera used for the photo I linked to is a Moultrie 4MP Game Spy I-40 Infrared Digital Game Camera.

The picture was taken in broad daylight, its not a game camera, i believe its a camera from her phone

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   

It takes time to find the original photo...sorry but im very skeptical.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by angeldoll

Mask, I'm so sorry about your grandfather. Condolences.

Is the person who took the picture the same one who emailed it to you? Do you trust this person?

absolutely, it was my aunt, she sent me the pics right after we got home from Texas, I suppose it COULD be a game camera? but i dont know why in the world shed be using one to take the pictures, ill find out for sure, it could very well have been something they set up outside, but i was under the impression they were taking pictures of the area of all his belongings.........I shall find out for sure.......

As i said in another post, they are very very country, the idea of them doctoring a photo is laughable, hell they have one lap top thats about 7 years old and barely gets sat internet, its kind of comical actually, but i love em to death...

However if it does turn out to be a game camera, how is it any less relevant then any other camera?

edit on 2-8-2011 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Leaflock

The camera used for the photo I linked to is a Moultrie 4MP Game Spy I-40 Infrared Digital Game Camera.

"Infrared" as in black and white. White where the heat is.

I wonder if we have to find the original picture online somewhere for this to go in the Hoax Bin.

Not needed in my opinion...
edit on 2-8-2011 by boncho because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join