It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking Alternative News forum biased

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
First of all, I don't really like that this is labeled as rant, as it's more like a minor complaint, but I don't know a better category to put it in. Also, it's been a long time since I've dealt with the issues in this thread, so if things have changed please let me know.

Now to my point, it bothers me that when you post an article or story in the 'Breaking Alternative News' forum it forces you to give your opinion on that article. I like my news as un-biased as possible. When my or any others opinion is grouped with a piece of news, it automatically makes it biased. It's not like I think others should not be able to give their opinions on the story, I just don't think an opinion should be forced, or that it be part of the article. Comments should be just that, comments. It's not called the 'My Opinion on a Piece of Breaking Alternative News' forum.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Josonic

This site is first and foremost, a discussion forum, and secondarily an alternative news outlet. An OP not giving their opinion on something they provide for discussion doesn't fit with the purpose of this forum.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Josonic

...then what should your first poster respond to? It's the OP's job to set the table for discussion.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I do think you have a good point however, we probably need a forum specifically for posting breaking news without an opinion attached - simply as an outlet for the News that Main Stream don't report on. Sort of like a little box that flashes up in the corner as news comes in.

Just my opinion.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by angeldoll

Why can't the discussion simply be about the article, why does it have to be about my opinion on the article.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Josonic
reply to post by angeldoll

Why can't the discussion simply be about the article, why does it have to be about my opinion on the article.

It can be about the article.

You express your opinion in the OP in order to get the discussion started.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

The article itself isn't enough to get the discussion started?

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Josonic
reply to post by FortAnthem

The article itself isn't enough to get the discussion started?

Somebody has to start the discussion and it should be the OP.

If there was something about the article that made it important enough for you to share here at ATS, you should express your reasons for posting it here and why you think the story is important.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
how can an opinion not be giving, even from the source it has an opinion....

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Josonic

Isn't the key word here "alternative?" If you post something, isn't it understood that it has an alternative meaning, or details or connections, something beyond the mere news that we find in the MSM?

If you didn't have an opinion that it was alternative news, why would you post it? In other words, man-up to your reason for posting.

After all, some of us are slow witted and we might need the hints of your view on that bit of news for us to slap our foreheads in recognition and utter "Doh!"

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Everyone is capable of having an opinion on anything.

Those who choose not to are either lazy and/or selfish.

Why should my time and thoughts be worthy of someone (the OP) who doesn't offer it themselves?

top topics

join