It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Frequent blood donor? Prepare to be tapped dry during emergencies!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Unless they plan on holding you down and taking your blood in quicker intervals you won't be sucked dry. Giving blood is voluntary. For now.

Originally posted by Fatmandy

Share the wealth!

You need to tell that to the Red Cross who sells the blood you gave them for free.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

I was extracted blood twice, two weeks apart and then I found out that for my age and weight I did not qualify to donate to the Red Cross.

Anyway, I was dying after the second 3tbs vial extraction.

When I went in for HBOT a year later, I could feel the air embolism hanging out in my chest area like a pack of balloons. People, my brain was dying for a year since they did this. Only with expensive HBOT have I been undoing it.

I feel for the people who are gonna be subjected and milked like cows for their blood when this emergency stuff goes on. How many of those people are gonna end up with a cerebral or pulmonary embolism and come close to death.

This also makes me suspect how many of these autistic children are running around with air embolisms injected by these jam packed poison vaccines.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Pocky

I am sorry for your experience, but it is still anecdotal and not necessarily representative.

My sister died of Leukemia when she was 11. My plasma donations help other sick kids (and adults) get better. It's the least I can do, and the extra money has come in real handy -- especially back when I was in college, but also recently, after a lay-off. Win / win.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
According to the article, these are the types of emergencies that the Fed and FDA are anticipating when they'll need super donors:

Instead, the most dire blood emergency might come in the form of a pandemic illness that lasts for months and affects a wide swath of the country, or a nuclear accident or attack that knocks out key blood centers in several major cities at once, he added.

A nuclear accident or attack? I don't feel that donating blood would help someone who is suffering from radiation poisoning. Who is to say that the super donors who could get to the center fast enough wouldn't also have been exposed to the radiation?

Even a pandemic illness doesn't mean that the super donors wouldn't be sick from the disease. Wouldn't taking their blood 48 hours apart make them more susceptable to getting whatever is going around? I mean, unless these super donors are going to kept in isolation or something. Why wouldn't normal blood donors be needed in a pandemic situation? I would think that anyone offering who isn't sick would be acceptable.

I realize that I have an active imagination, but I'm still going with the idea that rioters, police, and bystanders would need blood during a martial law scenario when the SHTF. People who would normally donate blood when needed would be asked to stay inside. The donation center would then call their super donors and ask them to enter through the back door or be picked up and brought to the center.

Sure, donating would be at the donor's discretion, but what happens when someone is offered money to donate more frequently. As we've seen from this thread, people do donate for income. Offering money would sway most people and curb their better judgement.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Also of interest was(is)that people with rarer blood types are treated like royalty,paid twice as much as a commen type like most.Was seen immediately when we waited up to 2 hours.And only showed like once or twice a week.I think it was RH+ or - .BTW I actually spent entire semester in a pre-med anatomy/physiology course.I remembe and"bloodtyping"by counting numbers of cell under a special glass slide.
edit on 2-8-2011 by AgentX09 because: misspell

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by AgentX09

That's another thing that has always interested me are the people who have the rare blood types. You'd think they'd be forbidden from having dangerous jobs in the event they get injured. Or at least the insurance companies would consider them to be a greater liability.

In the instance of a pandemic, I wonder what the odds are of people of a certain blood type being immune to the disease. Has this ever happened? I really don't know much about it, but it would be interesting to find out.

Maybe rare blood will be like red gold when the SHTF. One can only guess, but I hope I never see the answer.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I'm AB+. I guess that means I should be reclining more often, whilst being served grapes by sexy type O positives?

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
The thing is, donating blood is voluntary. They can lower the time between donations, but that doesnt mean that anyone HAS to give.

You wont be 'tapped dry', unless you choose to.
Excuse me, but have you been paying attention to the world lately?

Sure have. Can you show me where I missed americans being forced to donate blood?
Years ago I could fly on a plane and carry my tools as carry on luggage. Now I have to get felt up by some fat smelly SS agent or submit to a naked body scan. Years ago I could drive without the street nazis checking to see if I wore a seat belt. Years ago I could drive without being required to buy insurance. Years ago I could walk into a store and buy a gun by just showing my license to prove I was old enough. I could also buy ammunition with no id required. Years ago the very thought of a "national id card" would have brought riots in the streets and the idea of an implanted tracking device would have brought blood in the streets with politicians hanging from lampposts. Don't you realize that this is just a trial balloon and soon it will be expected and required for your blood type and donation history to be "on file" in case there is an emergency requiring your immediate participation.

I'll wait for you to show me ANYTHING even REMOTELY resembling forcibly taking blood from someones body. None of your examples are even in the same ballpark, and most of them are completely hypothetical. We dont have a national ID card. No one is required to have an implanted tracking devices.

This is all simply a list of things that you FEAR may happen some day.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join