It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ladies and gentlemen Dr. Michio Kaku on Seti, Physics and Alien contact

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Gloster

I think he's Japanese

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills
reply to post by Gloster

I think he's Japanese

Gloster gets no respect here.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
I have to agree with Kaku on his most basic point. That eventually we will transition into a "type 1" civilization with a form of world government and planetary language. But I was quite surprised when he directly labels any opposition to this as terrorist, but it seemed like he was cut short and what he said wasn't in full context.

Allright, I'm not saying it isn't in there, but I watched the video twice and not only did I not see him saying we will transition into a type 1 civilization, I certainly didn't hear him talking about a one world government or a planetary language or anything terrorist...could you point me to the time of the video in which these things were said

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Cool video.

If there is a ceiling for knowledge, it may not take as long as they theorize to advance sufficiently in technology to reach this ceiling. Of course, if knowledge is as vast as the universe...
After all, the more technology you have, the faster you advance, right? If any intelligent life reaches this ceiling it stands to reason they are immortal..

An earlier thread about human brain computers conjures a bleak image of mankind ruled by an immortal cyborg elite, maybe even one immortal cyborg dictator. But enough fantasizing...

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Josonic

Joson it's in the other video my friend. the one bauldrick has linked to bud.
edit on 2-8-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-8-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnotherYOU
oh look its the dan brown of science

i bet doctor kaku even waters down his own drinks

the man has no credibility as far as im concerned

like a sail he turns wichever way the wind blows

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

May I be so bold as to ask what your opinion is based on?...

At the National Science Fair in Albuquerque, New Mexico, he attracted the attention of physicist Edward Teller, who took Kaku as a protégé, awarding him the Hertz Engineering Scholarship. Kaku graduated summa cum laude from Harvard University in 1968 and was first in his physics class. He attended the Berkeley Radiation Laboratory at the University of California, Berkeley and received a Ph.D. in 1972, and in 1972 he held a lectureship at Princeton University.

During the Vietnam War, Kaku completed his U.S. Army basic training at Fort Benning, Georgia and his advanced infantry training at Fort Lewis, Washington.However, the Vietnam War ended before he was deployed as an infantryman.

Kaku became a visiting professor at the Institute for Advanced Study in Princeton,and New York University.He currently holds the Henry Semat Chair and Professorship in theoretical physics at the City College of New York.

Kaku has had over 70 articles published in physics journals such as Physical Review, covering topics such as superstring theory, supergravity, supersymmetry, and hadronic physics. In 1974, along with Prof. Keiji Kikkawa of Osaka University, he authored the first papers describing string theory in a field form.

Kaku is the author of several textbooks on string theory and quantum field theory.

Michio Kaku

summa cum laude from Harvard University, Ph.D. from Berkley, 70 peer reviewed published articles including partial credit for the discovery of string field theory...and still answered the draft as an lowley infantryman..

no credibility indeed.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Now to anyone who supports that video, grow up. That video is way too over edited...We don't even know what Michio is talking about because they cut in and out so much that nothing is in context. One thing he certainly doesn't talk about is the NWO. If anyone could show me a copy that's unedited so I can form my own opinion I'd really appreciate.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

I think he has a open mind but he should open his eyes too!!!!!!!! chinese man cant see well. Btw why is Jackie Chan talking about E.Ts?
reply to post by Gloster

He's Japanese, fool.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Josonic
I'm enthralled with Michio, he's one of the greatest thinkers of our time, yet he's able to put his thoughts in terms almost everyone can begin to understand.

I agree, I love Michio. Any time he speaks, I listen and his theories on alien life and other science matters are well worth listening to. I even have a show he did where he talked about how you could make a real life lightsaber using things you can find on Earth and that was pretty cool.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Michio is awesome! The only people who hate him are the paranoid conspiracy theorists who think everyone is out to get them. I love to listen to him, he has a very open mind. It's really nice to see someone of his caliber speaking openly about the plausibility of advanced extraterrestrial civilizations in the universe.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Kaku for King of the New World Order!
Anyone who doesn't think so is Terrorist!!! HAHA LOL!!

some people take things way to serious,
Dr Kaku is talking about civilizations and labels them in Levels 0, 1, 2, 3

Oh but some will say look he's evil, he called people terrorist and then he described the most sophisticated civilization a level 3 by using the evil empire in star wars!!

good grief,

Hey if you use the internet you are part of the new world order of communication and just think we are using this communication to talk about ET and UFO's!! LOL

anyways back to the original topic of the OP, it is amazing I got things flying all around me! If I turn on my direct tv I get over a 100 channels to watch and listen to something, or maybe I'll turn on the radio so I can listen to some tunes, or maybe flip on my wifi and check what going on in the world, or post right here on this forum!
That boggles my mind! It would freak out anyone in the 1500's and I be burnt at the stake if I said how I communicate through out the world now using new world order technology.

So communication as we know it is just beginning, and yea in a 100 years we could be using the whole spectrum to communicate.

The thing is, I don't think ET is going to send communication through worm holes so it just may take it the full time to get here which would arrive well after all of us are dead and gone.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

LOL! Oh that's rich! He says the aliens send radio signals! And in all frequencies yet! OMG, the ignorance of scientists -- it is getting us NOWHERE fast. There's nothing worse than in-the-box thinking to keep humanity stagnating...

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by crumpet97

I think he has a open mind but he should open his eyes too!!!!!!!! chinese man cant see well. Btw why is Jackie Chan talking about E.Ts?
reply to post by Gloster

He's Japanese, fool.

Come on guys that was a joke, never thought about the (race) thing just thought it was funny i really like Jackie Chan

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Visiting ESB
reply to post by randyvs

LOL! Oh that's rich! He says the aliens send radio signals! And in all frequencies yet! OMG, the ignorance of scientists -- it is getting us NOWHERE fast. There's nothing worse than in-the-box thinking to keep humanity stagnating...

Maybe it wouldn't hurt for you to learn what a radio signal is before attempting to make fun of someone. Radio signals can cover the whole spectrum not just part of it like a radio uses.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I have no room in my heart for hate anymore it is to destructive, by the way I love aliens just can't seem to find any peace all

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Josonic

geese you can lead a horse to water but you can't make the horse drink is appropriate here did you really watch
2nd line

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

all for a world community just the way they go about it is disturbing if you know what I mean
2nd line

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

agree with what you are saying yes world community good but this nwo rubbish bad very bad
2nd line

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Gloster

Come on guys that was a joke, never thought about the (race) thing just thought it was funny i really like Jackie Chan

The thing about text, when you're trying to be humorous, you can't see the look on the persons face. All we have is text so. Besides being in poor taste? Well you completely missed the mark ok ?
You should redact and apologise for a good course of action on your part. That's my observation but I'm not saying that you have to do
anything . Just say'in.

edit on 3-8-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-8-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Sorry if i ofended someone, i dont have hate inside towards any race.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join