It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amber Alert Boards Are Going Up Everywhere, Martial Law?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracytheoristIAM
Comrade , Why are you overly concerned? These devices are being put in place to make you safe. If you are not a terrorist what do you have to fear?

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
It would be very admirable if the cameras and message boards going up were because our government is putting in renewed effort to protect our children - however, in a country where our infrastructure is crumbling and local, state and federal budgets are being pointed to as insufficient - I find the timing a little odd.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamfox1
Only people who do bad things should be worried of cameras

you mean like cops?

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by anumohi

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

There is absolutely no reason for them to be in the city of Springfield other than what i mentioned above, has anyone else seen these digital billboards going up all over their towns or cities?

You mean absolutely no reason.....except for their intended purpose?

I worry a lot about electronic surveillance, but I'm having a hard time seeing how the Amber Alert boards are a threat....

Because they will be used to direct the masses and give out curfews, we don't have kidnapping problems here in Springfield like in LA and other major cities, this is all a bunch of psychological warfare BS

There are kidnappings everywhere.

They are reader boards, they are not there to control people. You do realize that emergency management calls for digital construction readers to be used in an emergency, right?

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Open2Truth

That's what i thought and said...very strange indeed

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Whatever, i see nothing here but the stepping up of government control, seems we lived pretty alright for thousands of years without them

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

or face recognition cameras.

Care to explain to everyone here exactly how you recognise a "face recognition camera"? how do they differ from a normal camera....

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by spoor

These are a pair of large boxes on poles with multiple lenses, as far as what they are for am not too sure , but what i know is on another pole at each corner are just exposed video cameras... so you tell me what they are, since you seem to think you know something???

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
this type of stuff hasn't reached montana yet...and i suspect we would be one of the last places to receive it...so i'll start worrying when I do see it here

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Just digging for info..........

Joplin - Ramps at I-44 and Range Line Road, and at I-44 and Fidelity, are closed next week, allowing the James Drew Corporation to install camera poles for closed-circuit TV cameras.

As part of a larger contract that includes the entire I-44 corridor, 10 closed-circuit TV cameras are being installed in the Joplin District. The cameras are used to monitor traffic, allowing MoDOT to view traffic congestion caused by accidents and construction work zones. This real-time information is used to update messages on the message boards. This information can also be used to modify work zones and to reroute traffic around an accident if necessary. The video feed is accessible to authorized MoDOT personnel only and the video is not recorded.

www.modot.mo.gov...

Missouri adopts traffic camera policy for state roads

www.ksdk.com...
edit on 2-8-2011 by Cloudsinthesky because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cloudsinthesky
reply to post by anumohi

Funny you posted this thread.........One of my employees were just talking this week that we should research "who" is watching........

I have already done a little research on the cameras here in Joplin.........They are not used for any traffic monitoring..........tickets and such.........

So who is monitoring them? That’s the big question.........

The State of Missouri paid for half the cost of the installation.............

If there is not a room full of people watching them my guess would be that they are being watched by the web bot program to analyze movements and traffic patterns. Notice alterations in traffic and what not. They may also not be watched because there real purpose is to use the video network to observe movements on roadways after the SHTF. you know, so the military can have the upper hand.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Ahmose

Sarcasm....sometimes you just gotta do it!!
second line

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

Safe from people such as your self, who would dare question the authorities.
sarcasmsarcasmsarcasm !!!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join