It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The smoking gun?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I find all the information I can and read and watch all the shows regarding et's and other related subjects and although it's all makes a great story, I yearn for the day when something concrete is actually presented that will make all this stuff come together and prove the so-called kooks were right all along.

In my mind there is tons of evidence that somethings happened a long time ago that no one can explain, but until now it's all just story material for shows like ancient aliens and unsolved mysteries

Any thoughts?

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by lme7898354

Agreed. I always take the stance of skeptic because of this reason

I want solid, hardcore proof that they are here. Or of any other conspiracy for that matter.

Far too many go all in and make their stand on videos of moths flying in front of cameras at night.

Or even third-hand testimony from someone on ATS.

It's the height of idiocy to accept these things as proof.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Hmm, not sure what you are getting at here, unless you are just curious about what others will think when/if concrete evidence, or disclosure of the Et phenomena happens.

What is this smoling gun you speak of?

I think that there will be en undeniable event that will occur, alerting the entire planet to off world intelligence and presence.

It might be tomorrow, or 100k years from now. The best thing is to search for the answers and info you seek and maybe one day you will possess the knowledge and personal evidence of their existence, or lack thereof

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
The only way a Smoking Gun will ever be achieved is if there is a crash in a well known city, photo and video is taken and Alien Bodies are seen also if a landing happens.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

The lack of conclusive evidence is quite telling. Personally I don't think the government has the capabilities to keep ET contact a secret, so I conclude that there has been no contact. In addition, now that almost every person has a phone with camera and video capabilities built in, if we were being visited there should be a proliferation of quality photos and videos. Instead we just get the same silly blurry shots of fuzzy dots of light that we've always gotten. Much as I would like to think we're being visited by advanced ET lifeforms, there's just no evidence of it.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
That's gotta go down as the most misleading thread title in history . I was ready for some amazing new piece of evidence.
As for the question yes there's lots of things for and against aliens and if you dig around there's some compelling stuff to read that makes you want to believe.
But many won't until it's spoonfed to them buy the president live from the whitehouse.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by spragology

I second this motion.

You should change that title.

May I suggest... "Waiting for the Smoking Gun?" or "Are you..." or "What qualifies as disclosure of XXXX to you?"

Or something along those lines...

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by SavedOne

The lack of conclusive evidence is quite telling. Personally I don't think the government has the capabilities to keep ET contact a secret, so I conclude that there has been no contact. In addition, now that almost every person has a phone with camera and video capabilities built in, if we were being visited there should be a proliferation of quality photos and videos. Instead we just get the same silly blurry shots of fuzzy dots of light that we've always gotten. Much as I would like to think we're being visited by advanced ET lifeforms, there's just no evidence of it.

You don't think the government can keep a secret? They kept the stealth programs secret for nearly a decade. The government is a lot more capable than you give them credit, and I'm not talking about the part of the government in D.C. that can't figure our debt.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a thread title "the smoking gun?" instantly makes me believe you have evidence to present...
its a very misleading headline

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I can understand your frustration but from the other side of the coin so to speak.

I`ve seen the UFO`s myself 3 times actual craft all different shape in my 47 years. Just no martians yet.

And pretty much every night now I see many small white lights doing patterns in the sky very similar to the ones you can see making the crop circles just way smaller suppose from being so far up in the sky or just smaller craft.

Now aliens don`t necessarily need to be flying these crafts may be Humane but I would think if we had such technology from back when I first witnessed a UFO we wouldn`t be flying the military type craft we currently call state of the art.
If only I had good video equipment but then if you don`t actually view them yourself you will always be fake and so on so keep looking up for your proof or smoking UFO (gun).

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
i do believe ancient astronaut theory, i also believe in misinterpretation and for as long as people can question freely, there are going to be more sceptics than believers. its easier to believe what we have been told by the elite from the moment we were born. the best we can do is question ourselves, and hope for answers. i am coming round to the idea, and feeling that there is possibly answers coming in 2012.... if not, i will keep looking, but i am hopeful.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Perhaps there can agreement here that it is unlikely that ANY photograph will - at least for the time being- be proof. Too many people can make a good fake. Who would place his or her credentials on the line for the sake of a picture anyway?
Look at this problem -disclosure- from another angle. Assume you represent the civilization doing all the looking and snooping about. What signs would you look for as evidence that this civilization on Irt is actually ready for the big 'hello?' Are the masses relatively educated/educable? Do they appear to be open to the idea of change? How do they treat those they regard as strangers or foreigners? They clearly make war. What sorts of things do they kill for? Is there spirituality within their laws? Can they manage their emotions in favor of their intellect? In order for us to openly co-exist in a mutually beneficial way, then they are going to have to be prepared to greatly change their understanding of their history as well as how they think "reality" is constructed. Do we think they can manage this? What might they do if they learn that much of their solar system is not 'theirs?" Never was. Would they be willing for once, on any level, to treat each other with something even approaching compassion?

If we initiate a dialogue, what might they reasonably expect of us? What if we act prematurely, can we disengage in a way that will not be harmful to them? If they get themselves in trouble with another civilization, will we be expected to act in their defense? What if they change their minds and wish no further contact from us? What are we prepared to leave behind in their hands? DO we maintain our quarantine indefinitely?

These sorts of questions just scratch the surface. I would hope that if we were the ones doing the discovering, that we would be evaluating such questions prior to establishing 'open' contact...otherwise, failing to do so might create a situation where the only evidence that anything happened at all is a smoking gun.

There probably cannot be a day when everyone is ready.We can do things which demonstrate we have the intellectual and spiritual ability receive a new neighbor. One of those things should be a willingness for our leaders to be open and honest with us on this issue.To that end, it does seem obvious to me that disclosure is main reason so many countries of late have opened their respective UFO files to the public. What easier way to send aloft a trial balloon? Media is now more willing to carry related stories without completely trashing the credibility of the person reporting the incident.There are other signs that disclosure is at hand.

If we have any line of communication open to any other civilization even on a secretive basis, then some of our best questions should relate to what steps we should be taking to prepare humanity. Other civilizations have already had to go through this. I would not be surprised to learn there may even be a protocol in place just for this sort of scenario.

Are we, poor, mad, little homo sapiens, truly as ready as we'd like to imagine we are?
edit on 2-8-2011 by Malkuth because: grammatical error

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

I am referring to actual physical evidence that would once and for all show that all these reports and eye witness acounts were for real. You have tons of books movies and tv shows that all seem to lead in the right direction but nothing that would hold up in a court of law. I am a strong believer that something or someone has been visiting earth for a long, long time, it just seems strange that although we have many artifacts remaining that lead to questions regarding their origin there is still nothing that shows who or what created these marvels. EI: the Pyamids and all the amazing building in south America

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
You are correct the title should have been the lack of the smoking gun. Manking has been staring at the sky since his existence and the burning question is are we alone. Somehow down thru history it has gone from a subject of curiousity to one of humiliation and disgrace in the main stream press as well as many world governments. So my point is either there is something really big being hidden or we have all been sold a bill of goods by the ufo community trying to sell books and tv shows. It is my hope that the naysayers all have to eat humble pie at some point. And when the day comes when a strange craft decends on our planet from wherever and decides to finally make contact that we realize how insignificant planet earth is in the big picture.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

I agree with an earlier poster if you want this smoking gun look up to the skies, live background on news channels etc. I have seen my own personal smoking gun and ever since i have watched the sky and have been surprised because since seeing one by mistake iv spotted at least 5 since with looking. Also the reason i mentioned live background is because they seem to be popping up there more and more and i eventually seen them on live tv a couple of weeks back while watching the tyson fury boxing match on channel 5 UK during an interview with amir khan at least three appeared in the background, if you did a bit of searching you could see that one for yourself it was a really strange one i have no explanation for what those could of been i wish i seen it in HD would probably of been able to see more!

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by digihome92

I agree with an earlier poster if you want this smoking gun look up to the skies, live background on news channels etc. I have seen my own personal smoking gun and ever since i have watched the sky and have been surprised because since seeing one by mistake iv spotted at least 5 since with looking. Also the reason i mentioned live background is because they seem to be popping up there more and more and i eventually seen them on live tv a couple of weeks back while watching the tyson fury boxing match on channel 5 UK during an interview with amir khan at least three appeared in the background, if you did a bit of searching you could see that one for yourself it was a really strange one i have no explanation for what those could of been i wish i seen it in HD would probably of been able to see more!

Ok, but who knows these could be secret military aircraft. My point is at this point it's all just conjecture. There are lots of evidence we don't know what to evidence really points to. Look at the F117, if you didn't know that was a military aircraft you might think it was something from another world. I have never seen a ufo or anything that looks like one so I can't speak from first hand experience. I do think we are all adults and capable of handling the truth if the truth leads to us being visited. But with all the sightings and claims no one has actually came forward with irrefutable proof, so any of us who do follow the subject appear to be a little cooky.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Yeah they could be secret military aircraft but one thing that i don't get if this is the case is that if we have technology this good why is it they only seem to be used to hover about in the sky and not in wars, rescue missions etc. ?

new topics

top topics

join