It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To ALL you PS3/Xbox addicts... You could die from prolonged playing! For Serious!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkSarcasm

Its funny the amount of people who post on this website with the intention of being pessimistic and negative. All of your posts i have read in this thread so far have been negative.. do you think that maybe one person reading this might re-evaluate the amount of time they spend playing vids? maybe even save someones life or prolong their life because they didnt realize that sitting for a long time playing vids (or doing anything else) might be a health concern?

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nspekta
Source: abcnews.go.com...

The family of a 20-year-old British man who died as a result of a blood clot that formed after playing video games for up to 12 hours a day is speaking out about the health risks obsessive gaming can pose.

David Staniforth told The Sun that his son, Chris, spent most of his days playing the online game Halo and was accepted into a game design program at Leicester University.

"He lived for his Xbox. I never dreamed he was in any danger," Staniforth said.

Ok, so I highly doubt the majority of people play vids as much as this guy did, BUT, take notice! He developed a blood clot that eventually killed him due to being in his prolonged position playing Halo on Xbox for many, many hours straight! 12 hours a day is ridiculous, but any gamer has seen those guys who get a new game the day it comes out and by the time you get online playing, they already have a savage amount of points/levels... these are the guys that could die!

just about everyone should stop reading after '12 hours a day".

the same thing can be said about people who work in a cubicle all day, and it has happened. and it doesnt take 12 hrs a day to happen. he probably had other contributing factors as well. not the games fault, moving on.
edit on 2-8-2011 by Question Fate because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

Hence why the title of the thread is " YOU COULD DIE".. emphasis on the COULD... geezuz people..Like someone said earlier.. a kid died playing WOW cause he didnt take the time to eat..... he might have been saved had he known or cared about his health.. maybe he was so involved with the game that he didnt realize his hunger?? its an information topic for those who are interested in the story and a warning for those who may be in the same situation as this poor dude who died....

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechUnique
If you spend most of your waking life gaming and then the rest sleeping..
Are you actually living life?

Ahhh, but he was a gamer, so he had many "lives"

Rev

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

reply to post by DarkSarcasm

Its funny the amount of people who post on this website with the intention of being pessimistic and negative. All of your posts i have read in this thread so far have been negative.. do you think that maybe one person reading this might re-evaluate the amount of time they spend playing vids? maybe even save someones life or prolong their life because they didnt realize that sitting for a long time playing vids (or doing anything else) might be a health concern?

My comments are not negative, they are just negative to your viewpoint.

Maybe most of the people reading this should re-evaluate how much time they spend on the computer or specifically on this website.

BTW, I spend quite a long period of time playing videogames each day, its a hobby. I also lift weights between "quests" or between matches. This is why I'm a bit perturbed at people telling everyone that videogames are dangerous. They are not. It goes the same way with guns......

Bullets don't kill people, people do.
Just as
Videogames don't kill people, laziness does.
edit on 2-8-2011 by DarkSarcasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
ARE YOU SERIOUS!?!?!??!

What about all those people that sleep for 10-12 hours in the same poistion every night.... OMG EVERYONES GONNA GET BLOOD CLOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkSarcasm

Originally posted by TechUnique

Originally posted by Alexander the Great
reply to post by TechUnique

Just like people who live for music, people live for gaming.
To them, it's their lifestyle and they enjoy it.

Yeah that's fine but if it comes to the extent of killing yourself its a problem isn't it.
There comes a point when friends and family should intervene if they love the person.
If they don't notice how bad the situation is then they are either not observant enough, don't have enough empathy skills or just don't care.
edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

Look at your post count since October of last year, I'm sure you weren't just posting you probably read some and researched some too. How much time is that that you've spent SITTING in front of that computer of yours.

What's different about this and a person playing a videogame. I really don't mean to point you out as this can be done for many of the users on this site. I also assume your sitting though you could be walking on a treadmill at the same time as researching, reading, and posting. I doubt it though.

eta: sorry misread the date, its February not October, my bad. Thought ide correct before the unecessary bickering started.
edit on 2-8-2011 by DarkSarcasm because: (no reason given)

I don't spend 12 hours a day on my computer.
Far from that infact. More like 12 hours a week. Couple of hours a day at most.
I don't watch T.V and rarely play video games.

Its called moderation.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Yes, many other things, (long haul trucking, airplanes, etc) can cause blood clots as well..

...none of the above or video games can cause a blood clot in a person who does not already have the key components for their body creating a blood clot...

I posted it because i think that a majority of ATSer would most likely play a high amount of vids.. more of a health warning to our fellow members. think about it.

...although well intended, its as inaccurate as warning that being online too much will change your butt size
from this (_l_) to this (__________l__________)...

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I can totally understand. When I'm in the midst of a session of playing fallout new Vegas I will poop my pants and eat the poo-poo just so I can keep playing.
Not really, but some of these Korean people and Chinese people need to take a break.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1   >>

join