It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are republicans without conscience or empathy?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by spiritualzombie

This post - like most others - will get lost in what is sure to become a very heated debate based on ideologies that are cloaked in ignorant rhetoric.

Bottom line:

Which shows more compassion? Giving a man a fish when he's hungry, or showing him how to catch fish of his own?

This is the crux of the debate. Both ideologies have the same goal often - only they have very different approaches.

Instant solution to suffering or long term plan to prosperity?

Sounds easy when put like that - but tell that to a family that's about to be kicked out on the street. Teaching them how to budget their money doesn't solve the immediate problem.

That's why both sides demonize the other. Rather than finding the balanced approach that solves both issues they're too worried about proving who's right.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by haarvik
reply to post by DZAG Wright

What you have not stated is that every state is different in how welfare is handled. My daughter is on welfare. However, she is going to college to get herself out of the situation. But she does very well. She is in section 8 housing, so yes she does have to submit her bank account information. She is probably one of a very few who are not on it perpetually. Here's the reality. A single mother goes on welfare. Get's a boyfriend who makes decent money and they live it large. They buy/sell stuff either on eBay or craigslist. Cash money, not in the bank so unrecorded. I know how it all works, so spare me the rhetoric. I know there are those who abuse it, some of my daughters friends do. There are also those who do not and realize it is temporary.

****Rubs hands and licks lips****

Yes every state handles welfare differently, but they all have to answer to Federal guidelines. Any state that doesn't handle their welfare customers in a acceptable and self improving manner has their budget shrunk each year.

What would you call very well? Does she own any "real" assets? I should withdraw my question because you then state that she has to submit her bank account statements. How embarrassing is that? I can tell you it is EXTREMELY embarrassing! Or how about having to endure home inspections to insure she doesn't have a boyfriend living with her? She has to wake her boyfriend up and request he sneak out the back because her housing manager is knocking on the door! Is that someone to envy and view as living the sweet life?

But wait, it gets worst! How about during a housing inspection the office manager notices you have a laptop. They then interrorgate you as to, "How can you afford something like this? Where did it come from? Show me proof?"

Is your daughter capable of buying nice things year round or does she live like most other recepients of welfare and have christmas in March (tax return)?

So a single mother on welfare has a boyfriend who makes pretty good....ummm...that's not her money! He can leave her at anytime, what then? Really don't know why I bothered with that one...

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Undertough

In the link I provided....a few are named they are Republicans.. I never said any Democrats are Tea Partiers...why don't you tell me who they are?..
edit on 3-8-2011 by caladonea because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jezus

Originally posted by spiritualzombie
I see a very cold mentality devoid of all empathy, and in fact, very resentful toward the unemployed, the poor, and the needy. Hatred and blame toward illegals, with zero empathy expressed. I see a hatred toward muslims and a patriotism toward the U.S. that even war crimes committed by the U.S. is not an issue for republicans. Things like torture are shrugged off or coldly embraced.

Republicans are not evil but many are brain washed and fearful.

What is the number one fear of any republican of any class? Having less and losing control.

Losing power, wealth, status both as an individual and as a group.

The Republican party has been engineered to take advantage of this fear.

"The Rich" republicans actually benefit from this and the rest just go along for the ideological ride.

As apposed to the Rich Democrats not benefiting?

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537
reply to post by Jezus

That's my point. There are no classes in America. The "class" system is something still used by the liberals to promote self-deprivation and government dependency.

I'm not sure what you mean by there are no classes in America.

But everyone is dependent on the government in some ways. The people who use welfare and food stamps really get the least out of government because they never acquire any assets.

An it's the fault of the rich, huh??
No assets, must be Bushs fault.
Just because they do not acquire assets, does not mean they benefit any less. Sounds like they have poor decision making skills, no idea as to priorities and have fallen comfortable in their poverty.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   

It really seems money is the sore spot for republicans... and knowing the love of money is the root of all evil... and republicans traditionally embrace big money, big corporations... Asking if republican voters have conscience or empathy I think is a valid question.

It's an interesting philosophy to embrace money above all things and yet have no problems with money spent on war. That's a very interesting position to take, morally speaking.

It isn't a valid question because Republicans believe that people deserve being poor because they are lazy. If this was true it would not be immoral to let them be poor.

They might be ignorant and brain washed but they BELIEVE they are doing the right thing.

Poor is a state of mind, so yes. Whether is be from laziness, bad luck, or comfort in this, it is not the responsibility of everyone to fund this person.

Broke is a physical state.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

In the link I provided....a few are named.....read the link.....just so you know...I won't respond to this question again...peace out.

If that were the case, you could have just offered those names up about 3 posts back instead of playing games.
The names in your link are

The Tea Party's most noted national figures include Republican politicians such as Michele Bachmann, Sarah Palin, Dick Armey, and Ron Paul, with Paul described as the "intellectual grandfather" of the movement.

What a bunch of Democrats.
Sorry I asked such a tough question. Name these Democratic Teabaggers really seemed to confuse you. See, what I was asking for were just a few names. That was several posts ago and you never came up with any. The reason you will not be responding to this question again is because you have not been able to so far.

If you want to make things up that is cool but that does not mean people like me will not question it.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   

I never said any (Tea Party members) were democrats.....get over it! Have a wonderful life. And...so I decided to respond again....I changed my mind....

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by gncnew
Bottom line:

Which shows more compassion? Giving a man a fish when he's hungry, or showing him how to catch fish of his own?

In our current reality?
While Republicans are so awesome because they just want to teach everyone how to fish they seem oblivious to the fact that there are no f***ing fish left in the damn water!

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by HappyBunny

I do read history. A side effect of having a father who is a professor of American Hisotry at our local University.
projects.washingtonpost.com...
This is a list of Obama's voting record. Be safe to say that his voting record as a senator shows his extreme views of the left.

Again, sad to see people such as your self (left) making arguments with no facts. Or stats. Kind of like im in Elementary school all over again.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   

It's because you asked for DEMOCRATIC TEABAGGERS. They do not exist. Tea Partiers are not democrats! Maybe you should ask the right question to get an answer.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   

I never said any (Tea Party members) were democrats.....get over it! Have a wonderful life. And...so I decided to respond again....I changed my mind....

Um....yeah you did.

Originally posted by Undertough

Originally posted by Darkrunner
I think you better take a look at the news as of late.

We have idiots from both parties slapping each other on the back and smiling for the cameras over this debt ceiling bill, which doesn't amount to anything. It's a drop of water in the Pacific ocean.

Both democrats and republicans sitting up on the Hill fiddling while Rome burns.

What about the (Tea Party Movement) the "tea partiers" they are thought of as both liberal and conservative. They now have their members that have been elected to positions in the Senate and the House of Representatives. The (Tea Party) is against taxation in several areas, reduction in the governments spending ....reducing our nations debt. They are giving the Republicans quite a challenge.
edit on 3-8-2011 by caladonea because: add more

Who are the liberal teabaggers exactly? I thought even they gave up trying to say they were not Republicans.

I should not have answered this thread before I had my morning coffee...(lol) I ment Democrats.

Then I am just going to ask all over again.
Who are these Democrat teabaggers, exactly?

Here is a link that explains who they are: en.wikipedia.org...

That is why I asked you to name them.
edit on 3-8-2011 by Undertough because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Because you and your party killed off all the fish with your tax increases and cap and trade. You created the mess. You fix it.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by kellynap43

Because you and your party killed off all the fish with your tax increases and cap and trade. You created the mess. You fix it.

My party?
Which party is that?

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by DZAG Wright

Say what you want, defend your job with your better than the rest attitude. I really don't care. There are some of us who know how the system REALLY works. I know how my daughter does, I know what she goes through. I also know what her friends do. So spare me your condescending attitude.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   

In the link I provided....a few are named they are Republicans.. I never said any Democrats are Tea Partiers...why don't you tell me who they are?..

Yes, you did.

What about the (Tea Party Movement) the "tea partiers" they are thought of as both liberal and conservative.

Do not ask me who they are. I do not know of a single one. Anyway, thanks for playing. I apologize for asking you about what you wrote.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by haarvik

It's because you asked for DEMOCRATIC TEABAGGERS. They do not exist. Tea Partiers are not democrats! Maybe you should ask the right question to get an answer.

That is because she said that teabaggers are both conservative and liberal.
When I asked for a single liberal teabagger, she said she meant Democrat.
Now she says she never said it but I just quoted it again for you all.
So before butting in next time to tell me that I am asking the wrong question, how about you catch up.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Oh I was caught up. But since you were apparently trolling over someone who admitted to posting prior to having morning coffee...i.e. not quite awake...then you deserved it. Doesn't feel so good when someone does it to you does it? Just as the Tea Party doing what the dems did over healthcare doesn't feels o good either, does it? It's easy to cast names when someone does the opposite of what you believe, but when you do it, it is a different story.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   

This total resentment towards the poor, while consistently claiming the wealthy provide jobs. Guess what? The working class provide labor. The poor sign up for military and provide their bodies as war chum. We're all giving up our civil liberties for the sake of security... Everyone is sacrificing, and the rich who have only profited throughout these years, aren't willing to lose a tax break? How is that not pure greed? And how is it not a total d*ck move for these wealthy CEOs to say they will be *forced* to kill jobs or send them overseas when the deal they ultimately fought for will cost millions of jobs anyway?
edit on 2-8-2011 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

Ah, the retreaded talking point of only the poor serve in the military. Where did you get this from, the Daily Kos or Code Pink?

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   

I feel this is a very legitimate question... In fact, I wonder if it's part of the republican ideology to frown on things like conscience or empathy? Do republicans view empathy as weakness?

I ask because I see a lot of posts about liberals being lazy, or the unemployed being lazy. That needy families should be cut from the welfare they count on to survive, or that healthcare should be cut. Muslims should be killed. Illegals should be killed. Enemies should be tortured. That we should embrace Big Oil over better renewable sustainable energy. And a complete lack of care and a complete lack of responsiblity for the envionment.

I see a very cold mentality devoid of all empathy, and in fact, very resentful toward the unemployed, the poor, and the needy. Hatred and blame toward illegals, with zero empathy expressed. I see a hatred toward muslims and a patriotism toward the U.S. that even war crimes committed by the U.S. is not an issue for republicans. Things like torture are shrugged off or coldly embraced.

There is just so much coldness from Republicans on what feels like every issue... I just have to ask... Are republicans without conscience or empathy?

This my friend, is why I am conservative, not "Republican". I can't stand them or the Democrats. There's good in each party but they get far out-shined by the bad unfortunately. Take, for instance, Gre McMaster; he's a rep from Michigan and he made a big impression on me. Why? because while I was working on a house with my father, he came by and talked to both of us (he was going door to door, by himself). He wasn't in it for a career, he'd already had one (Local weatherman) or the power...he wanted to try and get Michigan's crap straightened out. We need more people like him. (Left or Right)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join